(edited)

https://twitter.com/va_shiva/status/1176506786414825473  This is a short video, under twelve minutes.

An MIT PhD exposes who will profit from the “Climate Change” HOAX & why it was right that pulled out of the pollution-incentivizing Paris Accords.
Edited by ronwagn
error
  • Like 1

Climate change AND Trump??

This'll be a quiet thread ... 🤣🤣

14 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Climate change AND Trump??

This'll be a quiet thread ... 🤣🤣

He has done more for pollution by promoting natural gas around the world. Especially the pipelines. Natural gas is the least expensive and most logical way to supply clean affordable power. Britain, Europe and the whole world need to start using piped and LNG natural gas as a larger percentage of their energy usage. 

• Like 3
  • Great Response! 1

I'd go to other places first. We can see horizons here.

#gretaganglikestopickandchoose  ;) 

#theukismaskfree

I was watching the Chinese news last night with my wife (she speaks Mandarin, I don’t) and I saw something that looked like Jane Fonda and Ted Dansen (from Friends) getting arrested (read: trying to remain relevant) at some climate change event.

They were both on a podium bashing ‘big oil’ and saying how Al Gore ‘had it right’.

The posing for the tie wrap ‘handcuffs’ to be affixed, the fist clenching, the photo opportunity positioning, etc... was so childish it was actually funny.

Why is it that the Green crowd puts forward actors (Jane Fonda, Matt Damon, Harrison Ford, Ted Dansen, etc...) and teenagers (Greta, etc...) to get their point across on a highly scientific matter? Are people so confused by Hollywood that the actually think these actors have any idea what they are talking about?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

I guess the average person doesn't know many scientists, but if you appreciate random celebrities you may think ''ooh Harrison, I like him - let's hear what he's got to say'' kinda thing ?

It's for easily swayed people who live on social media and get all their info from there.

'Morons' I believe is the word.

Edited by Guest

It is almost as if people think, ‘Well, Ted played the role of a forensic pathologist, therefore he must know something about forensics.’

But Hollywood knows this! How many ads do you see on TV trying to sell, shampoo, baby food, cosmetics, etc...where the actor is wearing a lab coat and perhaps a stethoscope? The ad never says this person is a medical doctor, the viewer unconsciously assumes this.

I am not sure any of the actors I mentioned are smart enough to tie their shoes!

Hey, both James and I are into motorbikes...wondering if you ride?

(edited)

Me? Nope, never.

I have a Mini (proper Mini - English - year 2000 - last ones they did). 

Not this German shite. 

Edited by Guest

(edited)

7 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

the role of a forensic pathologist

Yep maybe element of this too I guess.

I'd just be watching though and thinking of Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Unless you've played like a scientist then it's a little pointless, if that's why they get them in. I'm sure it's just that people know them, people like familiarity etc and more likely to listen. If you're a fan anyway you may listen more. 

Edited by Guest

18 hours ago, ronwagn said:

He has done more for pollution by promoting natural gas around the world. Especially the pipelines. Natural gas is the least expensive and most logical way to supply clean affordable power. Britain, Europe and the whole world need to start using piped and LNG natural gas as a larger percentage of their energy usage. 

In terms of electricity production Coal is being progressively squeezed out in favour of renewables, particularly wind with gas providing the flexible infill. 

It will be interesting to see what happens with nuclear (a gradual decline I suspect).

Also solar with PV prices dropping to the floor. Infact solar PV is so cheap now I can do a DIY installation on an East - west roof in SE England with no subsidy and still get a return of 11-12% PA. The knock on effect is that solar Thermal is now dead  so I have picked up 2 large panels, a controller and large twin coil  cylinder (which I need to replace anyway) at fire sale prices which will give me a 15% PA return and cut our households gas consumption by 4500kwh. Next springs project. 

I suspect gas usage in Europe will remain static. Renewables and efficiency will inhibit increases in demand for gas.  

Rapid uptake of EV's may boost gas demand (to fire CCGT) at the expense of Oil. 

(edited)

19 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I was watching the Chinese news last night with my wife (she speaks Mandarin, I don’t) and I saw something that looked like Jane Fonda and Ted Dansen (from Friends) getting arrested (read: trying to remain relevant) at some climate change event.

They were both on a podium bashing ‘big oil’ and saying how Al Gore ‘had it right’.

The posing for the tie wrap ‘handcuffs’ to be affixed, the fist clenching, the photo opportunity positioning, etc... was so childish it was actually funny.

Why is it that the Green crowd puts forward actors (Jane Fonda, Matt Damon, Harrison Ford, Ted Dansen, etc...) and teenagers (Greta, etc...) to get their point across on a highly scientific matter? Are people so confused by Hollywood that the actually think these actors have any idea what they are talking about?

Any cause/agenda being pushed by Hollywood automatically gets disqualified based on the merits of the cause/agenda and Hollywood, they have none!!!

Hollywood= Follywood

Edited by ceo_energemsier
  • Like 2