Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tom Kirkman

Is Trump impeachment all about Ukraine Gas corruption? Nancy Pelosi was strongly against any attempt to impeach Trump - until news started reporting her son Paul Pelosi's involvement in Ukraine gas corruption

Remember that Nancy Pelosi was very loudly and publicly against attempts to initiate any efforts to impeach Trump.  She is now one of the head cheerleaders for trying to impeach Trump.

What caused the change?

Seems that Nancy Pelosi changed her mind when news reports started trickling out about her son's involvement in the Ukraine Gas corruption scandal.  And Nancy Pelosi herself appeared in a video advertisement for the same Ukraine Gas company.

Article from a month ago:

Pelosi's Ukraine Dilema, Her Son Worked On Board Of Gas Company

Published October 6, 2019 

It now appears that the son of House Speaker and California Rep. Nancy Pelosi has financial ties to a gas company in the Ukraine.

Which makes her desire to impeach President Donald Trump for making a phone call to the Ukrainian president to investigate corruption more suspicious.

The allegations against Pelosi’s son came when reporter Patrick Howley shared a 2013 video of Paul Pelosi promoting himself using his Mom in an ad.

BOOM: Nancy Pelosi's son Paul Pelosi Jr. (who went to Ukraine in 2017) was a board member of Viscoil and executive at its related company NRGLab, which DID ENERGY Business in UKRAINE!

And Nancy Pelosi appeared in a promotional video for the company! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1KfU5ifhqE 

“BOOM: Nancy Pelosi’s son Paul Pelosi Jr. (who went to Ukraine in 2017) was a board member of Viscoil and executive at its related company NRGLab, which DID ENERGY Business in UKRAINE!

“And Nancy Pelosi appeared in a promotional video for the company!” he said in the tweet with the video.

=======================

Here's the video:

https://youtu.be/g1KfU5ifhqE

• Like 3
  • Great Response! 2

This being the case, why would Pelosi go after Trump NOW? She must know that all the connections between the Ukraine, the Biden’s and now the Pelosi’s will come out. This is starting to look like a Democratic Party business in the Ukraine...Trump may have had a damn good reason to get involved.🤔

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

This being the case, why would Pelosi go after Trump NOW? She must know that all the connections between the Ukraine, the Biden’s and now the Pelosi’s will come out. This is starting to look like a Democratic Party business in the Ukraine...Trump may have had a damn good reason to get involved.🤔

From the get go the Democrats have accused the Trumspter of doing things that they did , of crimes they committed, of corruption and abuse of power, over reach they did.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Well this latest 'Gate' got interesting.

''Err ... but Democrats'' - some of the biggest morons on the planet from what I can see.

#DT2020

I'm I all for cleaning house. Remember the neutron bomb? That's what real ethics and transparency would be. Not a lot of high rollers would be left.

I would love to see it. 

Did you read the transcript? After Trump went at length lecturing the Ukrainian prez on how the US had supported the Ukrainian cause more than its European counterparts he then went straight into a laundry list of items he wanted investigated including Bidens son and Biden.

Sorry boys, in any era that raises red flags and court procedings. Who knew what when and is there more to uncover. Is this standard operating procedure.

Well soon hear why money delegated for the Ukraine by Congress was withheld by a president which in of itself may be illegal. 

Trump thinks rule books don’t apply and refuses to read them. Much the same charge we give all politicians. Trump isn’t as smart as most and gets bogged down in his own arrogance more often. He is Hilary with no finesse.

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yet having closed impeachment hearings, with no Republican input is okay?

Oh yeah, forgot that the Dems changed the House rules on impeachment after Trump was elected...

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Yet having closed impeachment hearings, with no Republican input is okay?

Oh yeah, forgot that the Dems changed the House rules on impeachment after Trump was elected...

I don't think there really are rules on impeachment, other than the House has the right to, and the party with the majority can force whatever. And the right to make up whatever charge wise. Last time is was for fibbing about BJs for Slick Willie. The senate, won't convict this time, assuming the impeachment goes forward. But the senate will be forced to hold court. Just an elaborate date to get both sides foaming at the mouth when we know this won't cause a removal. Just further the divide.

What is floating around the ether in the Middle East, now, the reason Trump turned over the Kurds is there are tapes of Kushner telling MBS, sure, take Kashoggi. Multiple foreign entities have the conversation, a nasty genie in a bottle. It would explain a lot, but those that benefit lose by letting it out (Turks, Syrians, and Russians). So why now? Such a strange world. 

We've are in a time where we keep lowering the standards of behavior.

In religion there is a fundamental conflict between what is more important, what you believe, or what you do, as your ticket to heaven. We have that same problem in politics. We seem determined to be blind to actual behaviors, and attracted to rhetoric. There is no way our elected officials are where they are based on us voting on behavior.

Today is local voting day in Texas. I will, though I doubt 15% eligible population will. The small elections and primaries influence more than the big ones. You can't wait until the last election and really have a say. It will be nice to not have my mailbox full of crap on how to vote.

• Great Response! 2

”What is floating around the ether in the Middle East, now, the reason Trump turned over the Kurds is”

This is an inaccurate statement. Trump did NOT throw the IRAQI Kurds under the bus. When the media says ‘Kurds’ this is who they are referring to. These are the Kurds in the autonomous region of Kurdistan!

What Trump did was pull 1000 American servicemen out from between two armed forces, the Turks and the SYRIAN Kurds who were bent on killing each other.

Where did the mission to kill al Baghdadi launch from? KURDISTAN!!!
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

You can only have a democracy if you have a common morality and standards. 

There is no way in this world to have rules for everything. 

What we are seeing is a civil civil war. 

When your so called "journalists" have a story for 3 years of a mass pedophile ring of rich powerful people with pictures and witnesses, yet does not report it...... you know your country is screwed. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

When your so called "journalists" have a story for 3 years of a mass pedophile ring of rich powerful people with pictures and witnesses, yet does not report it...... you know your country is screwed. 

• Haha 1

hey and why not 

If there is a crowd there to watch you, go for it! 🤣

LOL at Snopes disinformation.  Where Snopes 1984-ish declaration of "Mostly False" actually means "Mostly True".

And some people wonder why I mock Snopes as deliberate disinformation ...

6y99ki8zk4x31.png.643e61b8154558bc2edda5bf3e77c064.png

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/5/2019 at 8:29 PM, Douglas Buckland said:

”What is floating around the ether in the Middle East, now, the reason Trump turned over the Kurds is”

This is an inaccurate statement. Trump did NOT throw the IRAQI Kurds under the bus. When the media says ‘Kurds’ this is who they are referring to. These are the Kurds in the autonomous region of Kurdistan!

What Trump did was pull 1000 American servicemen out from between two armed forces, the Turks and the SYRIAN Kurds who were bent on killing each other.

Where did the mission to kill al Baghdadi launch from? KURDISTAN!!!

fp066nz8v3x31.thumb.png.ea720eec22168080e7c32ee6cfa2c02b.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

FYI, Israel is allegedly trying to find ways to help the SDF, as, unlike the Syrian forces, they don't greenlight Iranian proxies. Israel has maintained a level of support various Kurd groups for years.

No matter who you back, it's going to have blowback. The fundamental question to me is how best to extract ourselves.

Leaving does create a power vacuum. The vacuum will benefit Syria, Turkey, Russia and Iran. Deal with it. Probably the big loser is the KSA and it's hard to see how it helps Israel. KSA's approach to aligning with the USA and buying friends has mostly served them well (through a lense of 1930s until now), but how it will work going forward? China and Russia can offer securities of a sort, but the notion of them counterbalancing Iran, nope, the KSA is falling behind there. Sinopec may well buy $10~$20 billion of the Aramco IPO.

As for some yahoo in congress proposing impeachment, it's whomever is the president, 100% of them since 1981. It only becomes serious when the Speaker of the House gets involved. And only it gets serious when political parties think it will help them in the next election. With Nixon's shenanigans, it never got to a formal articles of impeachment to the senate. Nixon accepted a pardon from Ford who swore there was no deal. With Clinton, no one could catch Slick Willie on things that matter, so they settled on Monica, and that played out poorly in the next election for Republicans. This time, I'm not convinced it will go to an impeachment. 

As the two parties are more polarized and people are tribal, the point is becoming turnout of the base, and factoring in alienation of the few voters who don't just vote their tribe.

The more fractured it gets, the more inertia by the bureaucracy is what runs the country. In this respect Trump is fundamentally different in his willingness to fracture the bureaucracy. Trump partly succeeds by not playing by the rules. Which if you support that approach, holy shit when your party is not in charge. Personally I prefer a weaker executive branch than we've had in some time. Government is too interventionist as it is. 

The systems was designed to not work well. And largely that's a good thing IMHO.

Edited by John Foote
grammer
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

On 11/4/2019 at 4:31 PM, Boat said:

Trump thinks rule books don’t apply and refuses to read them. Much the same charge we give all politicians. Trump isn’t as smart as most and gets bogged down in his own arrogance more often.

No arrogance there.... LOL

"The president admitted, among other things, to improperly arranging for the charity to pay $10,000 for a 6-foot portrait of him. He also agreed to pay back $11,525 in foundation funds that he spent on sports memorabilia and champagne at a charity gala."

Judge fines Trump $2 million for misusing charity foundation

https://app.tmxmoney.com/news/cpnews/article?locale=EN&newsid=a23690&mobile=false

"he tweeted, "I won't settle this case!" when it was filed in June 2018." Then he settles quietly as possible. 

Edited by Enthalpic

2 hours ago, John Foote said:

With Clinton, no one could catch Slick Willie on things that matter, so they settled on Monica, and that played out poorly in the next election for Republicans.

There was no "High Crime or Misdemeanor" with the simple immorality regarding Lewinsky.

Bill was impeached for lying under oath in a Federal deposition in the Paula Jones sexual harassment case.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

No arrogance there.... LOL

"The president admitted, among other things, to improperly arranging for the charity to pay $10,000 for a 6-foot portrait of him. He also agreed to pay back $11,525 in foundation funds that he spent on sports memorabilia and champagne at a charity gala."

Judge fines Trump $2 million for misusing charity foundation

https://app.tmxmoney.com/news/cpnews/article?locale=EN&newsid=a23690&mobile=false

"he tweeted, "I won't settle this case!" when it was filed in June 2018." Then he settles quietly as possible. 

To me the larger crime is the two million dollar fine. I doubt any Democrat would have even been prosecuted. Selective prosecution is one of the biggest problems in our judicial system.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bob D said:

There was no "High Crime or Misdemeanor" with the simple immorality regarding Lewinsky.

Bill was impeached for lying under oath in a Federal deposition in the Paula Jones sexual harassment case.

The useful idiot class keep trying to make the Clinton impeachment about Monica, when not one of the 8 felonies he committed involved the sex with subordinate. That never stopped the lying, cheating press from PRETENDING it was all about Monica, which is why so many are confused about it to this day

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

The useful idiot class keep trying to make the Clinton impeachment about Monica, when not one of the 8 felonies he committed involved the sex with subordinate. That never stopped the lying, cheating press from PRETENDING it was all about Monica, which is why so many are confused about it to this day

Everything you need to know about Slick Willie was his how you define “is” and is a BJ sex? The man is a smooth, liar.  What he was charged on for the impeachment was petty. His fundamental dodge was what he got charged on. I didn’t vote for the guy. The folks I ran with then were for more offended by “don’t ask, don’t tell.” Which bothered me for the lack of true honesty, not sexuality issues.

But if lying is the issue, how do you account for Trump? The fact he won’t allow himself to dispositioned, so who he is lying to is what matters, not that he constantly mistakes himself ? We don’t need a sanctimonious Carter, whose own party turned on him, but someone basically honest would be nice.

it’s us, the voters fault. We are turned by what we want to hear. 

• Great Response! 1

On 11/4/2019 at 3:31 PM, Boat said:

Did you read the transcript? After Trump went at length lecturing the Ukrainian prez on how the US had supported the Ukrainian cause more than its European counterparts he then went straight into a laundry list of items he wanted investigated including Bidens son and Biden.

Sorry boys, in any era that raises red flags and court procedings. Who knew what when and is there more to uncover. Is this standard operating procedure.

Well soon hear why money delegated for the Ukraine by Congress was withheld by a president which in of itself may be illegal. 

Trump thinks rule books don’t apply and refuses to read them. Much the same charge we give all politicians. Trump isn’t as smart as most and gets bogged down in his own arrogance more often. He is Hilary with no finesse.

Wow, you sound just like this guy, just spewing BS.

image.thumb.png.555529c7842501908a012d6bc875ab9f.png

https://youtu.be/i6d6qLfVkUU?t=242

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John Foote said:

Everything you need to know about Slick Willie was his how you define “is” and is a BJ sex? The man is a smooth, liar.  What he was charged on for the impeachment was petty. His fundamental dodge was what he got charged on. I didn’t vote for the guy. The folks I ran with then were for more offended by “don’t ask, don’t tell.” Which bothered me for the lack of true honesty, not sexuality issues.

But if lying is the issue, how do you account for Trump? The fact he won’t allow himself to dispositioned, so who he is lying to is what matters, not that he constantly mistakes himself ? We don’t need a sanctimonious Carter, whose own party turned on him, but someone basically honest would be nice.

it’s us, the voters fault. We are turned by what we want to hear. 

Memories can be flawed devices. Let's remind ourselves of the facts from the guy who literally wrote the book on it, shall we? Clinton impeachment case was much stronger than the Trump case.