Tom Kirkman

Elizabeth Warren has declared meme warfare in her U.S. President bid

Hey Tom are you following the whole Groyper war thing?

On 11/5/2019 at 6:00 PM, Tom Kirkman said:

Q was moved from 4chan to 8chan, mostly due to comped mods f*ckery on 4chan.  The Q forum on 8chan was unlisted, so users had to know how to find it.  Then 8chan was taken down.  I've been so busy with moving that I haven't checked yet about 8chan replacement.  Lost all my bookmarks because my Malaysia phone won't accept a U.S. sim card, so had to get a new U.S. phone.

Isn't 8 chan the nut-house where psycho shooters hang out? 

Why on earth are you advertising that nut-place on this forum

@Selva Is this OK according to guidelines? 

1 hour ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

8chan **was** one of the very last bastions of Freedom of Speech remaining anywhere on the internet.  Before it was taken down.

To me, criticising 8chan is akin to criticising "the hacker known as 4chan" and it amuses me greatly.

By all means, report me to Oil Price staff moderators for openly supporting Freedom of Speech.  I will just wait here patiently to see what happens with that.

Meanwhile, here are some assorted thoughts about "hate speech" for you to ponder:

cnn-hate-speech-is-terrorism.jpg.f916480fb938d87e921b9d2098be9ff7.jpg

c772949f1cdcc1152b399cc6335797b1a90510fdb7e7f4052d23c7966a5cf571.jpg.139c3e7976bc367e74827bcacd99fb8a.jpg

81016834c67f9f84d8134c8ed84062a3296dfa9c1ce16c9757a7919744de43bb.png.f721608c5eac6e16e942a2c2354600a8.png

0adf9dd58d49880cbf23a834ce2aeba61356020dad7940bafaf5824ce875435b.thumb.jpg.db526f2628de45424a36f6541d93f25f.jpg

ff471934b36bc583ecffeefd4bd0fb05845f47ba842dbd2675b0a06b196ce61c.png.ceabef5170caa0b31480aac02a56ede6.png

Meantime, MSM thinks this is perfectly OK:

village_magazine_s1585x2048.thumb.jpg.4c302d4e5d27900c11c4800ba598c2b6.jpg

• Great Response! 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

Pyscho shooters livestreamed on facebook didn't they? so FB is to blame right? Of course not.

You clearly know nothing about those image boards

• Great Response! 2

4 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

I'm pretty much sure Tom knows our guidelines. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, El Nikko said:

Pyscho shooters livestreamed on facebook didn't they? so FB is to blame right? Of course not.

Bingo.

1 hour ago, Selva said:

Yep, thanks.  Actually, I helped write the forum guidelines with the site admin, back in the very early days of this forum, before there were any forum guidelines. 

The site admin has since updated and expanded the forum guidelines a few times, but I was the one who insisted that this forum needed a written guideline of general do's and don'ts, in order to be a civil, friendly, open and easy-going forum for people in the oil & gas industry.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Yep, thanks.  Actually, I helped write the forum guidelines with the site admin, back in the very early days of this forum, before there were any forum guidelines. 

4 hours ago, Selva said:

Fair enough. 

6 hours ago, El Nikko said:

No. I don't. I didn't even know they existed before the 8 chan made it to the media for that shooting. 

and no, I am not brain washed by MSM.

@El Nikko

I would add that I generally don't like the debate style I encounter here on the internet. To be honest it frigthens me. Everyone takes to attacking and ridiculing real quick instead of using facts. 

(edited)

2 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

No. I don't. I didn't even know they existed before the 8 chan made it to the media for that shooting. 

and no, I am not brain washed by MSM.

They're just places that are not heavily moderated like much on the internet, I appreciate you might be much younger than I but this is what the internet used to be like in the good old days where no one had the creepy feeling of being watched all the time.

The MSM hate 4chan and 8chan because they've been trolled by them so many times and made to look like idiots. Governments hate them because people can say what every they want and no one will ban them or censor their ideas.

It depends if you are a free speach kina guy or not but they are not a hub for terrorists and as I said before bad people have done bad things on all platforms but it's always strange no one calls for them to be deleted off the internet. There has been vastly more terrorist material posted on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube (it's true they are now running algos to reduce that) than has ever been on the chans.

Sorry didn't mean to sound like I was shouting at you but I for one am sick to death of censorship, the Americans have no idea how lucky they are to have protected speech although I'm not so sure how long they will keep it.

Edited by El Nikko
  • Great Response! 1

1 minute ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

@El Nikko

I would add that I generally don't like the debate style I encounter here on the internet. To be honest it frigthens me. Everyone takes to attacking and ridiculing real quick instead of using facts. 

That's the internet for you, pop over to the oil section there's a few really interesting topics going on and no one is falling out :)

• Like 1