Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JT

Australia's solar power boom to double in a year

A record-breaking month of rooftop installations and a flood of large-scale solar farms could almost double Australia’s solar power capacity in a single year. A massive solar energy boom is being predicted for 2018, after an unprecedented number of industrial solar farms were approved by the New South Wales and Queensland governments last year. With 111MW of new panels, it saw a 69% rise compared with the same month last year

I believe they could secure its national wealth forever via publicly owned solar for domestic and export.

Good on ya, mate! There are apparently more solar panels in Australia than there are people. Wacky.

It's nice to see Australia still heading toward the future, dragging its unwilling government behind it 

Just now, 李伟王芳 said:

It's nice to see Australia still heading toward the future, dragging its unwilling government behind it 

Isn't that the way it should be - people doing things for themselves rather than expecting the government to do it for them

Meanwhile wind farm complaints aren't keeping up with surging industry.

They get a lot of Sun there, as they do in California and the American South. If I lived in those places, I'd have panels put on my roof.

We should be way more advanced in using solar energy than we are. Like with many things what is really stopping it is how much money would be lost by big businesses.