Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KT

Turkish Warships Block Gas Exploration Drillship in Cypriot Waters

(edited)

Turkey's warships blocked Italian Eni's drilling ship on its way to explore for gas in Cypriot waters ... Erdogan on the loose again. So far, Cyprus is keeping its cool over this, but Turkey is doing its best to provoke the issue. 

Edited by Kate Turlington

By my count, moves like this on the part of Turkey will affect Eni, French Total and Exxon. I think Exxon is supposed to start drilling somewhere here later this year. 

Without reaching a fair solution to the Cyprus problem, the instability and uncertainty  situation will continue and all will be  harmed.

Turkey's provocations and threats towards Cyprus or any other EU state are serious problem. I mean,Turkey must respect the sovereign rights of all countries, abide by international law, seek peaceful dispute settlements and maintain good neighborly relations.

They can't find a solution for Cyprus' problem last 42 years and of course that one day these problems must escalate... I'm afraid this could be a trigger for more...

Donald Tusk, EUCOPRESIDENT
" After my phone call with President Anastasiades this evening. I call on Turkey to avoid threats or actions against any EU member and instead commit to good neighbourly relations, peaceful dispute settlement and respect for territorial sovereignty".

Just now, Petar said:

Donald Tusk, EUCOPRESIDENT
" After my phone call with President Anastasiades this evening. I call on Turkey to avoid threats or actions against any EU member and instead commit to good neighbourly relations, peaceful dispute settlement and respect for territorial sovereignty".

It’s not just a threat though is it? Their military ships are in EU waters....

Erdogan tells Cyprus not to test Turkey over gas standoff. It's a potential threat...

"I'm strictly against the behaviour of Turkey" says Juncker after a question on the situation of the Cyprus coast. 
Me too - but I have no power to stop those like you Mr. Juncker.

Also, Cavusoglu threatened Italy yesterday too. It's all about the natural resources around Cyprus.

well, Erdogan is definitely a rogue leader