Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tom Kirkman

"Climate Migrants"

This makes my head hurt.

Climate Panic Armageddon is somehow morphing into the right for illegal aliens to move to the U.S.

No worries though, if eeeeeevil oil & gas get replaced by renewables, then all will be right with the world (until the world ends in 11 years due to global warming).

y0qn71onchx31.thumb.png.9cd9d5103f0657df7153ccbeb9687fe0.png

• Great Response! 1

@Tom Kirkman "Climate Migrants" This has been happening since the ice age, its not a new thing. Britain are the worse of all we invade Spain every year in fact we even took over the organised crime there.

Once Bloomburt enters the race Bernie will be toast and Sneaky Joe of Ukranium Fame will be in bits, the Dems not looking good for a credible runner, nothing that will put up a decent fight or debate against Donald Thump.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I wonder just exactly what meds Bernie is on....

• Like 1

(edited)

4 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I wonder just exactly what meds Bernie is on....

Must be rectal inserted due to his painful looking smile.....

Edited by James Regan
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Must be rectal inserted due to his painful looking smile.....

Speaking of Rectums, has anyone seen DT lately?

• Haha 3

Seriously curious, wtf is climate immigrant? 

Hasn't California, Texas, and Florida been more affected than Central America?

I know more than a few well off who immigrated to Costa Rica and Panama for the weather. 

• Like 1

Break up immigration enforcement agencies? Halt deportations? Isn't Immigration a hot button issue in the US, as it is in Aus, and voters won't give a damn about the reasons for a new wave of immigration, they'll just see more immigrants.. Only the political elites think more immigration is a good idea. Trump confronted those elites and got into power in part by promising exactly the opposite of this guy.. It will be interesting, however, to see just how far he gets in the presidential race.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, markslawson said:

Break up immigration enforcement agencies? Halt deportations? Isn't Immigration a hot button issue in the US, as it is in Aus, and voters won't give a damn about the reasons for a new wave of immigration, they'll just see more immigrants.. Only the political elites think more immigration is a good idea. Trump confronted those elites and got into power in part by promising exactly the opposite of this guy.. It will be interesting, however, to see just how far he gets in the presidential race.

Not very far at all, neither will any of the other Democrats. I'll bet Trump wins big.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, John Foote said:

What he really means is immigrants vote massively in favour of the Democrats...they've known it for years

• Upvote 1

On 11/9/2019 at 2:56 PM, John Foote said:

Hasn't California, Texas, and Florida been more affected than Central America?

I know more than a few well off who immigrated to Costa Rica and Panama for the weather. 

In Houston an area about an hour north of Houston is one of the fastest growing areas in the US. Higher land with less flooding.

On 11/9/2019 at 9:06 PM, El Nikko said:

What he really means is immigrants vote massively in favour of the Democrats...they've known it for years

GW got a much bigger percentage of the Mexican population vote. He was pro immigration. But hire a white trash talking German and you lose those votes.

Of course you are going to get a higher percentage of the Hispanic vote if you are pro-immigration! This is not rocket science, they want the rest of their families here as well.

Furthermore, most Americans are not opposed to managed immigration, just illegal immigration - seems reasonable.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

11 hours ago, Boat said:

GW got a much bigger percentage of the Mexican population vote. He was pro immigration. But hire a white trash talking German and you lose those votes.

It's been downhill ever since Bush got 44% in 2004 and now accounts for around a third, no Republican President has ever got more than Bush did as far as I know at least since 72.

Edited by El Nikko

14 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Of course you are going to get a higher percentage of the Hispanic vote if you are pro-immigration!

The Hispanic community actually is for proper. legal, immigration when they are polled about it. Mi madre es Norma Rivera Inez. 

As a community they tend to not vote, not vote illegally. Coming from Central and South America you probably have a basic distrust in government, and for good reason. That is a gross generalization, but it tends to hold up. The Cuban American community is an exception with high voting turnout, and typically Republican. And this constituency helps deliver Florida in the electoral college game.

The immigration system needs fixing. No idea how. I like the national ID thing, but understand the avoid big brother side of the coin. And punish the employer more than than the typical undocumented. And it's not easy for an average employer. When I had a small shop I inadvertently had two undocumented. One man used his infant son's social security, and when I was asked by immigration why I hired him, he provided IDs and a legit social. The other had very good fake papers. And he was working like crazy to get a green card and has since achieved legal status. 

Many people would use the system if it functioned well. It doesn't, and hasn't for decades. When a system fails workarounds prevail. Reagan's amnesty program was poorly received, and despite Bush41 and Bush43 efforts, it's been politically impossible for Republicans to fix, and the Democrats have weaponized the issue, to their own detriment IMHO. It's just been pandering for years. We are being played, and everyone loses, no matter what your position is.

• Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

3 hours ago, John Foote said:

The Hispanic community actually is for proper. legal, immigration when they are polled about it. Mi madre es Norma Rivera Inez. 

As a community they tend to not vote, not vote illegally. Coming from Central and South America you probably have a basic distrust in government, and for good reason. That is a gross generalization, but it tends to hold up. The Cuban American community is an exception with high voting turnout, and typically Republican. And this constituency helps deliver Florida in the electoral college game.

The immigration system needs fixing. No idea how. I like the national ID thing, but understand the avoid big brother side of the coin. And punish the employer more than than the typical undocumented. And it's not easy for an average employer. When I had a small shop I inadvertently had two undocumented. One man used his infant son's social security, and when I was asked by immigration why I hired him, he provided IDs and a legit social. The other had very good fake papers. And he was working like crazy to get a green card and has since achieved legal status. 

Many people would use the system if it functioned well. It doesn't, and hasn't for decades. When a system fails workarounds prevail. Reagan's amnesty program was poorly received, and despite Bush41 and Bush43 efforts, it's been politically impossible for Republicans to fix, and the Democrats have weaponized the issue, to their own detriment IMHO. It's just been pandering for years. We are being played, and everyone loses, no matter what your position is.

^^As someone with Hispanic family, I can confirm. They support legal immigration, and reforming the immigration system, but they actually have less sympathy for illegals than the average Texan (and average US Citizen) by quite the margin. (I held my tongue at family get togethers thinking I'd cause problems if I argued politics, but found they were pretty vehemently in agreement. And that applies to both the family still in Mexico and those in the US - but particularly strong among US parts of the family. The US family was also Pro-Trump, the Mexican side, less enthused.)

Now as far voting - that I don't know. My Hispanic family always votes. And for illegal voting, I think it's more wide spread than we'd care to admit... but whether that's Hispanic, i'd suspect not terribly wide spread, but we just don't have good data on it because no one is willing to admit it's an issue.

As far as hiring - agreed, go after the people benefiting. Go after employers, go after apartment owners, go after the people benefiting from their presence... and make it easier to check. If the employer knew they were employing someone illegally - massive fines. If they should have known - massive fines. If the person actually provided enough information the employer had no reason to suspect - slap on the wrist, and teach them how to do better. Oh, and provide a service that allows you to check the information you are provided - aka, a website where you (as an employer) provide SSN (or Tax ID), Gender, DL#, and age - the website spits back a MATCH or NO MATCH. Nothing more, nothing less. (You could even make it charge a token amount, like $1 per attempt, to fund the IT infrastructure to power it, and dissuade people from bombarding the system with random requests to try and make matches)

Amnesty is never going to go over well as long as there's still the massive hole allowing more people to put themselves in limbo. Citizenship was never a birth-right issue. The constitution states (14th amendment) "children born in the United States and subject to its jurisdiction become American citizens at birth" - but people overlook the underlined point. If you are here illegally, you are not 'subject to its jurisdiction. Fix this misapplication of law and this issue becomes a lot clearer. Then granting amnesty to all those people in limbo is much less of an issue because others can't enter the 'limbo' state.

/rant

Edited by Otis11
  • Upvote 1

On 11/10/2019 at 9:54 PM, Douglas Buckland said:

Of course you are going to get a higher percentage of the Hispanic vote if you are pro-immigration! This is not rocket science, they want the rest of their families here as well.

Furthermore, most Americans are not opposed to managed immigration, just illegal immigration - seems reasonable.

I would be hard pressed to find someone bitching about the illegals that has a problem with the immigrants that come here legally. We aren't a bunch of racists as I am sure you have been hearing, in fact, to say that is racist in itself. We have no problem with legal immigrants, and they can be white, black Hispanic or Asian, and we don't care as long as they are here legally. But to suggest that we are racist suggests that only "minorities" are trying to immigrate to America!! Huh, put that shoe back on the foot that it belongs to with that....

• Like 1