cv

The lies and follies of the "cry wolf" enviros: No more fire in the kitchen: Cities are banning natural gas in homes to save the planet

18 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Did you notice how the California mentality has now immigrated to Colorado? A fantastic state going down the toilet....

60,000 + people move to CO each year and most are from Crappifornia and other such states changing the political demographics.

I guess its the scorched earth policy, they destroy their state with their moronic , pie in the sky policies and move on to the next still great or good state to wreak havoc.

• Upvote 2

(edited)

20 hours ago, canadas canadas said:

which produce nuclear hazardous waste.

You might want to keep in mind that one man's "nuclear waste" is the next man's bonanza of free "nuclear fuel."  Stuff that nuke waste into a thorium reactor as the fuel charge and away you go. More power to you. 

Edited by Jan van Eck
scrivener error

7 hours ago, ceo_energemsier said:

I love all my giant gas fired cooking ranges and ovens, and also have the electric conduction, i enjoy cooking a lot and not just get by stuff your face meals LOL

I prefer the gas fired cooking

And where do most people majority of people get their electric power from , its either from gas, oil (liquid fuels) , coal , nuke and some maybe solar or wind on a very nominal scale.

Trying telling people in developing countries to use electric stoves, where they dont have power most of the day!!!! 

Try India for example. You think the folks that live in the villages let alone major cities can afford to have electric ranges or stove tops or hot plates to cook food when they dont have power turn on their lights? Cow dung and wood burning is still on a major scale and LPG. LPG.

The pollution, smog and all that is so bad there, but they have to have cheap power and cheaper ways of producing food .

As stated before I don't support any ban - preferring people to make their own informed  choices.

Poor people in India cook on open fires using animal dung - I am not proposing that we (in the west) drop to the lowest common demoninator because 'in India they do this'. 

7 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

The original Roman solution was to carve a slit through the vas, the idea being that, upon ejaculation, the semen would not do an Entry, but instead take the path of least resistance and eject through the slit.  From that came the Biblical prohibition of "Thou shall not spill thy seed upon the ground."  

Apparently, the slice and slit system seems to have worked rather well.  A little risky from the infection point of view, I might say. 

I ... was not aware of this.

You really are a walking encyclopedia, Jan.  I used to read encyclopedias for fun as a kid, but you seemed to have memorized the encyclopedia sets.  Tip of the hat to the little grey cells in your noggin.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

You might want to keep in mind that one man's "nuclear waste" is the next man's bonanza of free "nuclear fuel."  Stuff that nuke wste into a thorium reactor as the fuel charge and away you go. More power to you. 

James Lovelock thought it would be a good idea to encase in copper and glass and sell as a home heating system. Guaranteed for the next 10000 years!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, SERWIN said:

Did you actually understand the question? Your answer was hypothetical crap. What power source does your electricity come from? That seems to be the point all the libtards are missing too! And right now in California, I wouldn't go without natural gas. When the electricity is shut off you can still run a water heater and cook food on gas, that had better be a MAJOR consideration for people buying a new home in the "blackout zone" ie, soon to be all of California. You can even run a generator off of natural gas, that would fire up those induction tops....

I've gone without power for up to two weeks after a hurricane, but I still have hot water for bathing and cleaning, and I can cook on the propane stoves. My range top is electric and I want it gone, I want gas piped down into the kitchen so I can have at least a cook top that I can easily use when the power is gone. Don't care about the ovens, they can be gas or electric, whatever..

Serwin my point was if nuclear fusion (NOT fission) becomes viable its a game changer for the world. It will generate 4 times the amount of power that fission does, its clean so the greens are happy, there is no risk of a Chernobyl episode and there is limited waste. Also the fuels are abundant and will last mankind forever.

So yes I reckon I understand the question, you can say its hypothetical crap and currently you are right. Whoever gets that crap to work will be the richest guy on the planet so there are literally billions of dollars being pumped into this technology by numerous sites around the globe with the greatest physicists on the planet working to solve the problem. Most of the richest guys on the planet are investing in it, I dont believe they are doing it to waste their hard earned dollars!

What I said was make this work and job done

Its the future, maybe just not ours.

Have a read

https://www.iter.org/

• Great Response! 2

9 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

The original Roman solution was to carve a slit through the vas, the idea being that, upon ejaculation, the semen would not do an Entry, but instead take the path of least resistance and eject through the slit.  From that came the Biblical prohibition of "Thou shall not spill thy seed upon the ground."  

Apparently, the slice and slit system seems to have worked rather well.  A little risky from the infection point of view, I might say. 

Your knowledge knows no bounds Jan!

Not sure what it's got to do with the thread title but who cares

• Haha 1

So ironic LOL stupid stupid !!!!comedic!

______

Cuomo Gives National Grid Two Weeks to Fix N.Y. Gas Shortage

(Bloomberg) -- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo gave National Grid Plc 14 days to figure out how to address natural gas shortages before he moves to revoke its license to operate in the state.

The Democrat said in a letter Tuesday that the utility owner’s moratorium for new gas hookups affecting 20,000 homes and businesses in Brooklyn, Queens and Long Island shows that it failed to provide “adequate and reliable” service.

“The ‘moratorium’ is either a fabricated device or a lack of competence,” Cuomo wrote. “The very lack of supply you now point to as the reason for your denial of service to thousands of customers exhibits your failure to plan for supply needs.”

The 14-day deadline is the latest salvo between the governor and National Grid. They’ve been feuding since New York rejected a $1 billion expansion to a Williams Cos. gas pipeline, which the company says is crucial to meet rising demand. In response, National Grid imposed a freeze on new gas hookups.

In a statement, the company said it will respond to the governor by the deadline. “We continue to work with all parties on these critical natural gas supply issues on behalf of all our customers in downstate New York,” National Grid said.

Shares dropped 0.4% to an intraday low of $11.36 before rebounding to $11.42 in London.

READ MORE: New York’s Cuomo Raises Idea of Revoking National Grid’s License

Last month, Cuomo issued an emergency order requiring National Grid to reconnect about 1,100 consumers. Still, the company has a backlog of about 2,600 applications for service on hold. They represent about 20,000 businesses, houses and apartments, according to the firm.

In his letter, Cuomo said National Grid was either “grossly negligent in relying exclusively on the speculative construction of a private pipeline” or “deliberately defrauded the people of the state.” He called on the company to come up with “meaningful and immediate remedial actions” by the deadline.

Meanwhile, Consolidated Edison, which has imposed a similar moratorium for gas hookups in Westchester County, north of New York City, says there’s plenty of gas for customers in the city.

ConEd CEO John McAvoy said he can meet demand for as long as five years, and the company won’t necessarily impose a moratorium on new hookups at the end of that period. However, the utility no longer sees the same growth opportunities in the gas transmission business as it did five years ago, and doesn’t expect to make additional significant investments.

• Upvote 1

There May Be a Huge Hole in California’s New Rooftop Solar Rule

(Bloomberg) -- A proposal by a single utility threatens to upend California’s sweeping mandate requiring solar panels on almost every new home.

The Sacramento Municipal Utility District is asking state regulators to allow its customers to get power from solar farms instead of installing their own panels, saying they should have a choice. Rooftop solar installers are meanwhile warning that this would undercut California’s clean-energy goals.

Allowing homeowners to choose would be a win for builders and a blow to Sunrun Inc., Vivint Solar Inc., SunPower Corp. and other rooftop installers that saw the mandate passed last year as a windfall. It could also have broad implications for other states considering following California’s lead and enacting solar requirements of their own.

The utility’s proposal, which California energy regulators are expected to vote on Wednesday, would be a big win for home builders -- who’ve warned that the state’s solar mandate will drive up housing costs -- and a major blow to Sunrun Inc., Vivint Solar Inc. and other panel installers that were betting on the rule for a surge in sales. The plan also threatens to undermine a movement to make rooftop panels mainstream and has broader implications for lawmakers elsewhere who were looking to follow California’s lead.

“If this proposal goes through, we should expect to see other utilities follow,” said Benjamin Davis of the California Solar & Storage Association, which represents panel installers. “This is just essentially a loophole.”

The California Energy Commission member who spearheaded the state’s solar mandate, Andrew McAllister, said its intention was to power more homes with clean energy -- regardless of whether it’s from rooftop panels or solar farms.

“This is all additional, so it’s all good,” McAllister said in an interview. “I think the either-or approach is kind of a red herring.”

The mandate was unprecedented when enacted last year as part of former-Governor Jerry Brown’s effort to slash California’s carbon emissions. It required most new homes built starting in 2020 to include solar systems. Builders and others warned it would drive up the cost of buying a house by almost $10,000.

Read More: California Becomes First State to Order Solar on New Homes

The rule includes a provision that allows utilities and others to propose programs for homeowners to forgo rooftop panels and instead get power from “community solar” farms, which are generally smaller installations close to customers they serve. Critics argue the Sacramento utility’s proposal shouldn’t be considered “community solar” because the power plants are too far away or too large.

Panel installers contend rooftop systems have advantages over solar farms because they’re more likely to spur homeowners to install batteries and don’t require significant upgrades to the grid. That includes building transmission lines, which have been blamed for sparking deadly wildfires in California.

Sunrun, based in San Francisco, said the proposal to allow homeowners to choose is a “substantial step backward for clean energy in California.”

Sacramento’s utility, known as SMUD, serves 1.5 million customers and is the first in the state to propose the idea.

“I have no doubts that this is in compliance,” said Tim Tutt, SMUD’s program manager for state and regulatory affairs. “We made very sure about that.”