Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

''Err ... but Trump ...?'' *sniff

3 hours ago, DayTrader said:

Humph. Sniffle.

But what about the wall?

Great album!😂

(edited)

If you put the election dates of various other world leaders on the same plot you could easily draw other conclusions.

One could also notice the massive market up-step that preceded his election (you know when nobody thought he could win).

http://tylervigen.com/view_correlation?id=359

number-people-who-drowned-by-falling-into-a-swimming-pool_number-of-films-niclas-cage-appeared-in.png

Edited by Enthalpic

(edited)

Also if you expand the time range of those charts to maximum it becomes clear the markets generally don't care about the POTUS.

Over long enough time frames the markets essentially always go up. 

Corporatocracy or democracy? Of course people still have to vote but it has become clear the purse strings can control the marionette puppets.

Edited by Enthalpic

(edited)

You've chosen to ignore content by Enthalpic. Options 
You've chosen to ignore content by Enthalpic. Options 

THE DONKEY STAYS   🤣
Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

Also if you expand the time range of those charts to maximum it becomes clear the markets generally don't care about the POTUS.

Over long enough time frames the markets essentially always go up. 

Corporatocracy or democracy? Of course people still have to vote but it has become clear the purse strings can control the marionette puppets.

Yes, over time the market, historically, has always gone up.

Though I'm not so sure the market doesn't care - there are lots of things the POTUS can do to influence the market, just - to date - no president has done so much damage to the market to overwhelm the constant march of improvement.

The fact that the market cares can be seen in the 2016 election - the market spiked immediately after Trump was elected. 

Also, my previous post showing that Obama did nothing to advance the market, statistically, and likely did things which delayed the recovery (Potentially not, however it was on the long end of what we would expect of a recovery.) while Trump's time in office has been statistically above what we would expect, suggesting (but not proving) that his administration is having a net positive effect. 

Now, these are simply correlation, not proof of such impact. It does, however, match with what economists have said for a long time - regulations act as tax on companies, and taxes (whether through actual taxes, or regulations) act as a break on economic activity. 

You can love one and hate the other, (Either way you go, seems like that's the answer) but the unbiased observer will note that Obama increased regulations severely, and therefore likely slowed the recovery and subsequent growth. (He was, however, fortunately timed in entering the market to make his legacy look good.) Trump has rolled back taxes, though admittedly the larger economic boost was the cut to regulations. Combine this with new trade deals that the market has liked (though which haven't had full effect yet due to delays in finalizing - aka, Congress) and there's reason to believe this isn't simply correlation.

• Upvote 2

(edited)

Worrying TDS levels Otis. Please don't quote if you can help it, it's like a form of mental pollution ... 🤣

If slight spike under Obama, they're all over it. When it's Trump - ''err well go back long enough and markets always go up'', and ''the markets don't care who the POTUS is''. If that's true why has this become Obama v Trump comparisons?? 😂😂 Why comment at all? Just enjoy the charts. 

Moral of the story? ''Err ... but Trump?''  He has a problem with elected leaders in a country he doesn't even live in. It's a bit odd. He is incapable of giving credit where it's due.

#whataboutthewall #missworld 

Epstein didn't kill himself

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, DayTrader said:

He has a problem with elected leaders in a country he doesn't even live in. It's a bit odd.

Epstein didn't kill himself

To be fair... so do I. There are a number of elected leaders for other countries I have a problem with... they just don't get the publicity.

And is that your new signature? Epstein?

#DT2020

What office you running for?  🤣

(edited)

Well we need to sort fake passports out first. Hopefully one of those spammers will be back soon. 

Politics is easy. Finding people with common sense - not so much. 

#DTthelegend     #HopelessDoesVegas

My policies will be belters though. Duh. I'm English.

PS - record highs again. Yawn. 3116 at the moment ... 

<sniffle>

Cheers.

''The S&P 500, meanwhile, tiptoed further into uncharted territory with a rise of 2.59 points, or 0.1%, to end at 3,096.63 — it's 21st record close of 2019''

Image result for sp500 trump

ZZZ

Edited by Guest

36 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

PS - record highs again. Yawn.

I don't need the highs... I need to know when the next dip is!

(edited)

8 minutes ago, Otis11 said:

I need to know when the next dip is!

Then short it instead into a dip?

See how that works out ... 🤣🤣

45 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

it's 21st record close of 2019

Oh ... 

Edited by Guest