Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TS

PennEast Appealing Wacky 3rd Circuit Decision to Supreme Court

4 hours ago, TShepstone said:

PennEast Appealing Wacky 3rd Circuit Decision to Supreme Court

https://naturalgasnow.org/penneast-appealing-wacky-3rd-circuit-decision-to-supreme-court/

New Jersey residents freezing their butts off this week due to the exceptionally cold weather (thanks to the Solar Minimum) may move things along a bit.

Or maybe the New Jersey residents will become the polar opposite of boiled frogs - - - frozen frogs - - - who slowly freeze due to Climate Activists blocking construction of Natural Gas pipelines.

====================

... “Demand for natural gas continues to grow, and new infrastructure across the Northeast has not kept up, in part due to politics and regulatory delays,” added Cox. “The result has been forced gas moratoriums that threaten customer reliability, higher energy bills and higher carbon emissions.”

The announcement comes on the heels of a mid-November arctic blast that will drive northeast temperatures to chilling cold, with wind chills in the teens, throughout the week.
Through the Third Circuit litigation and other legal actions, the State of New Jersey has moved to block needed supplies of natural gas, even though 75 percent of New Jersey homes rely on it for heating, and utility companies are raising alarms about their ability to meet customer demand in coming winters.

Gas moratoriums in place in New York City and Massachusetts due to delayed pipeline construction foreshadow what is on the horizon in New Jersey. There, moratoriums have forced small businesses to close, halted affordable housing projects, thrown major development projects into chaos, and forced residents to continue to rely on fuel oil for heat, generating higher carbon emissions.  ...

On 11/16/2019 at 3:37 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

New Jersey residents freezing their butts off this week due to the exceptionally cold weather (thanks to the Solar Minimum) may move things along a bit.

Bye the bye the usual excuse trotted out for freezing cold weather in the Northern hemisphere at least is that the warmer arctic displaces cold air which ends up in settled areas or some such.. has anyone made that excuse this year??

20 minutes ago, markslawson said:

Bye the bye the usual excuse trotted out for freezing cold weather in the Northern hemisphere at least is that the warmer arctic displaces cold air which ends up in settled areas or some such.. has anyone made that excuse this year??

National Geographic, back in January.

Why cold weather doesn’t mean climate change is fake

... As more Arctic air flows into southern regions, North America can expect to see harsher winters. That was the conclusion of a study published in 2017 in the journal Nature Geoscience. It found a link between warmer Arctic temperatures and colder North American winters. A separate study published in March of last year in the journal Nature Communications found the same link but predicted the northeastern portion of the U.S. would be particularly hard hit.

“Warm temperatures in the Arctic cause the jet stream to take these wild swings, and when it swings farther south, that causes cold air to reach farther south. These swings tend to hang around for awhile, so the weather we have in the eastern United States, whether it’s cold or warm, tends to stay with us longer," said study author Jennifer Francis in a press release.  ...

On 11/20/2019 at 10:21 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

National Geographic, back in January.

Why cold weather doesn’t mean climate change is fake

Okay - I've often thought they could be a bit more apologetic about it at least.. 'we know we said the place would get warmer but there was this unforeseen effect" but, nope, their attitude is more 'its just a blip so deal with i't.. and they wonder why people have stopped paying attention.. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, markslawson said:

Okay - I've often thought they could be a bit more apologetic about it at least.. 'we know we said the place would get warmer but there was this unforeseen effect" but, nope, their attitude is more 'its just a blip so deal with i't.. and they wonder why people have stopped paying attention.. 

Sometimes I despair that my views are so frigging far away from mainstream that I will simply never understand the TV Zombie general populace.  Trust me, my comments here are very much watered down, to make my remarks fairly accessible to casual readers.

On the bright side, the U.S. impeachment Kangaroo Court is so outlandish and so much counter to the U.S. Constitution that more and more people are waking up a bit to the insanity and turning off their damn TVs.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Sometimes I despair that my views are so frigging far away from mainstream that I will simply never understand the TV Zombie general populace.

Just to take the comments one step further.. the TV commentators/reporters are an entirely different caste from the mainstream public they report to.. part of the reason for the decline in general media is that the media-caste has an entirely different mindset from the general population. What I'm saying is that there may be a lot more scepticism out there than you think.. at least I hope that's the case.. 

(edited)

Indeed, I completely agree with the sentiments expressed thus far on the thread. And if we are to talk of media commentators/newscasters, the benchmark is so low now with a complete dearth of original or investigative reporting that it's not even funny anymore that so many people are hoodwinked.

This is not the first short video I have seen like this, but it is the most recent:

https://twitter.com/TS_SCI_MAJIC12/status/1182008427930931200

Rather than a multitude of voices speaking with us, the media is now one voice speaking at us. There's no wonder that anyone thinking their own thoughts turns off the TV babble and finds intellectual nourishment elsewhere.

---

Disclaimer: this is not meant to be a political comment, however now speaking of the media, can it be unpolitical?

Edited by Martin
Correct typos in paragraph four.
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Martin said:

Indeed, I completely agree with the sentiments expressed thus far on the thread. And if we are to talk of media commentators/newscasters, the benchmark is so low now with a complete dearth of original or investigative reporting that it's not even funny anymore that so many people are hoodwinked.

This is not the first short video I have seen like this, but it is the most recent:

https://twitter.com/TS_SCI_MAJIC12/status/1182008427930931200

Rather than a multitude of voices speaking with us, the media is now one voice speaking at us. There's no wonder that anyone thinking their own thoughts turns off the TV babble and finds intellectual nourishment elsewhere.

---

Disclaimer: this is not meant to be a political comment, however now speaking of the media, can it be unpolitical?

Heh heh, you beat me to it, I was going to post a link to that video. 

YouTube keeps banning this video, reason given is "copyright infringement" which makes the 4am talking points verbatim parroting by the news anchors even more amusing.

• Like 1