1 hour ago, Ward Smith said:

This President has accomplished more, under greater duress than every President before him, period. Could he do more? Sure if he didn't have to deal with Demoncrats fighting him every step of the way.

Ever hear of a self fulfilling prophecy?

Trump claims the Dems are out to stop him, and then behaves in a manner that makes them have to try and stop him. Ta-Da he is correct...

I did point out that I know presidents get food and housing for free - no need for your comment regarding that.

• Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

1 hour ago, DayTrader said:

A sheep. And Canadian. And dare I say a little slow.

Don't be sore and lash out again. Use the ignore function if you can't understand that an intelligent person can have differing viewpoints.

PS. Not sure why you think I'm a huge Trudeau fan - the least crappy option isn't praise.

(edited)

1 hour ago, Ward Smith said:

Trump spent $1.75million out of his own pocket.

Ego

Probably bought a gold toilet or something stupid. Kidding people! Well unless he did.

Pooping in "America" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America_(Maurizio_Cattelan)

Edited by Enthalpic

On 11/24/2019 at 3:58 AM, Jan van Eck said:

Sadly, your political opinions, at least of Americans, are mired in fantasy delusions.  Make it an effort to get to know an influential American, such as a politician or executive, and see what they are like.  You might be pleasantly surprised.  You certainly will have your illusions shattered.  Americans are actually quite nice people, in the main. 

Not sure a politician is a great example🤣

@Enthalpic How can you hate a whole nation?

As Jan says by all means form a view of an individual once you get to know them, but your generalizations are ludicrous.

My experience of not just Americans but people around the world from very differing cultures to my own are, in the main, very nice welcoming people. Sure there are arseholes in every country but lay off the xenophobia a bit, OK.

Trump as we know is "marmite" most people either love him or loathe him. My personal view is somewhere in the middle as i think he will make the US strong economically but equally he is divisive, as this thread shows us.

(edited)

29 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Not sure a politician is a great example🤣

@Enthalpic How can you hate a whole nation?

As Jan says by all means form a view of an individual once you get to know them, but your generalizations are ludicrous.

My experience of not just Americans but people around the world from very differing cultures to my own are, in the main, very nice welcoming people. Sure there are arseholes in every country but lay off the xenophobia a bit, OK.

Trump as we know is "marmite" most people either love him or loathe him. My personal view is somewhere in the middle as i think he will make the US strong economically but equally he is divisive, as this thread shows us.

I certainly don't hate all of the US, I love certain places.

I dislike trump (obviously), gun nuts, racists, sexists, science deniers, etc. Thankfully, about half of Americans are cool.

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Like 1

On 11/24/2019 at 8:26 AM, Boat said:

Actually it is the Russians that are the root of all evil. Lol Even this site is probably influenced by Russian oil proceeds. Will anybody else join those 13 Russians and 24 Russian oiliguards who brazenly chose to meddle in US elections. 
Trump being an Russian olrgard busines fan had little negative to tweet. 
Congress who can’t agree on much forced these sanctions down Trumps throat. The art of the deal always includes Russian love and quid pro quo activity. Why do you think the Dems want to look at his taxes. Well that’s my conspiracy theory for the day. Cheers

List of current Russian sanctions.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/row/IF10779.pdf

Once upon a time................. a man dropped his key in the house. It was dark. He couldn't see. He saw the streetlight illuminating brightly outside. He went out. He searched the area back and forth, back and forth. A neighbour saw it:" What are you doing, Mr. XYZ?"................. The man said:" Oh, I'm looking for my key. Must have been somewhere................"

Moral of the story is............ if we couldn't find the key to win, it must have been some internal affairs that didn't meet the light of requirements. Finding fault with alliances outside wouldn't change a thing that one has losed being slightly below the need................... Or no?? :o:$

So he drops his key.....then goes outside to look instead of looking where he dropped the key. So a neighbor shows and instinctively goes inside the house and finds the key? 
Sorry dude, that’s why Putin rules your country. You just can’t figure out the narrative. 

• Haha 3

On 11/23/2019 at 9:35 PM, Enthalpic said:

I didn't say the Clinton's didn't do bad stuff too.  Two wrongs don't make a right.

I would love to hear the details of US taxes from Jan.  In Canada if your employer even gives you a company vehicle and gas card that is a taxable benefit.

Serious question, can executives reduce their salary - and therefore their income tax - and then just have the company pay for everything they eat, drink, and use (cars, planes, housing)?

Yes I know all presidents get that stuff for free but most spend more time in the white house.

The White House is full of Obama left over spies and establishment policy opponents. He is the first one smart enough to realize he shouldn't do all his business there. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ronwagn said:

The White House is full of Obama left over spies and establishment policy opponents. He is the first one smart enough to realize he shouldn't do all his business there. 

If there are spies in the white house they are certainly good enough spies to gain access to the other locations.

Much of trumps entourage will be the same regards of venue.  One corrupt secret service agent could fill the resort with bugs so the "dirty white house" argument is junk. You don't burn down a house because it has cockroaches, you call an exterminator. 

THE BIGGEST SCAM IN HISTORY. mht  

When you borrow for something you can't afford you become a slave to the central bankers!!

Look it up and learn!!

Silver I sooooooooo much better than the funny money printed and charged for by the so called Federal Reserve. AND also the silver coin completely eliminates the middle-men (Federal Reserve).

I've been out of this thieving system for over 47 years and enjoy true freedom!! It isn't easy, I'll tell you!!

You don't "OWN" anything in your name, period. It HAS TO BE in a holding company, (Off-Shore) !!  IF YOU DON'T OWN IT THEY CAN'T TAKE IT !!  It really is that simple "Speaking that is" !!  

IRS doesn't bother with me because they can't threaten me with confiscation of something I don't own, including bank accounts!! 

Anyway, enjoy your lives...………...

Cpt. Lauren N. Dowsett

On 11/21/2019 at 1:51 PM, Enthalpic said:

Trump wants negative rates, therefore so do you! #trumpSupporterLogic

so u saying he is fueling the economy with more debt as he keep on saying interest rates should be lowered?

On 11/21/2019 at 3:55 PM, Enthalpic said:

Not so much debt is wealth, but credit is a form of wealth despite growing debts. 

"We are the richest nation in the world because our GDP to deficit and debt ratios are sort of okay!  Ignore the fact we always spend much more than we make."

So I've been wondering, if a company doesn't own assets, I mean physical assets, how can it be worth billions of dollars. Doesn't make sense to me. I know for sure that a popular car transport company that even has its own app, but they do not own the cars, those people are forced to lease them from the company, but they don't actually own them, so how could they be worth that kind of money? How about a popular social media site worth billions, what do they have for actual physical assets, a corporate building and some servers? How can that be worth billions? I am kinda lost here, because it used to be that a company was worth what it held in assets, stock and cash, but that doesn't seem to be the case now. it almost seems we are heading for a financial meltdown when the market crashes and those companies that are so seemingly over valued have absolutely nothing to trade for the stock issued. Doesn't seem right to me....

• Upvote 1

(edited)

16 minutes ago, SERWIN said:

So I've been wondering, if a company doesn't own assets, I mean physical assets, how can it be worth billions of dollars. Doesn't make sense to me. I know for sure that a popular car transport company that even has its own app, but they do not own the cars, those people are forced to lease them from the company, but they don't actually own them, so how could they be worth that kind of money? How about a popular social media site worth billions, what do they have for actual physical assets, a corporate building and some servers? How can that be worth billions? I am kinda lost here, because it used to be that a company was worth what it held in assets, stock and cash, but that doesn't seem to be the case now. it almost seems we are heading for a financial meltdown when the market crashes and those companies that are so seemingly over valued have absolutely nothing to trade for the stock issued. Doesn't seem right to me....

Oh the .com bubble was huge... then burst.

You are totally correct that many companies have garbage valuations.  They get these huge market caps off of speculation and greed from investors (probably hedge fund).  Investing in the fundamentals of a company is old school.

Some companies make money behind the scenes selling data and services (Facebook, Google) on top of their advertisement revenue. Uber just treats it's "employees" like crap until they can get self-driving cars and get rid of people altogether.  Amazon will cull it's humans once they get their flying drones going.

In Canada we have several pot companies reportedly worth billions but they have never turned a profitable quarter (how can you lose money selling weed? pothead teenagers are smarter?).

Edited by Enthalpic

(edited)

On 11/29/2019 at 5:47 AM, INTANGIBLE HOLDINGS said:

so u saying he is fueling the economy with more debt as he keep on saying interest rates should be lowered?

All money is created from debt (the government creates bonds (debt), trades them for Fed reserve notes, the gov't then deposits those notes in a bank).  Then the banks use the fractional reserve banking system to make more money out of thin air.  Lower fed rates heat up the economy by essentially dumping cash into it.

Downside is excessive money creation causes inflation / aka money devaluation.

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Great Response! 1