Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PG

organic chlorides

Who trades the oil that is contaminated with organic chlorides??

(edited)

2 hours ago, eagle said:

Who trades the oil that is contaminated with organic chlorides??

Companies that have the capability of removing/filtering out the OC's , they buy them at very very steep discounts from producers, lease operators, exporters, marketers etc and then resell them at a profit at market prices. Or refineries that have the processing capability to remove the OC's buy them at steep discounts. I have bought cargoes of OC contaminated crude only after they were "cleaned up" , arranged the process between the producer and the "clean up" company and sold the cargoes.

Edited by ceo_energemsier
corrections
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

Thanks for the reply

Our firm is working on a process for removing OC's.

We are trying to source some product in order to test our process at a commercial scale.

Logistically North America would be best but not a deal breaker.

TTYL

• Great Response! 1

Please educate the people on this board about organic chlorides. For years I've heard about these contaminants and figured they were from the inhibitors used to reverse acidization (right word?) of stimulators to enhance production. But lately it seems that we're hearing about this not only in crude oil shipped from Russia but the Gulf Coast too. What is causing this increase? Thanks.

• Great Response! 1

3 hours ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

Please educate the people on this board about organic chlorides. For years I've heard about these contaminants and figured they were from the inhibitors used to reverse acidization (right word?) of stimulators to enhance production. But lately it seems that we're hearing about this not only in crude oil shipped from Russia but the Gulf Coast too. What is causing this increase? Thanks.

I thought they are used for dissolving wax.

3 hours ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

Are you looking for a Urals/Volga/REBCO Russian crude oil sample?

4 hours ago, eagle said:

Thanks for the reply

Our firm is working on a process for removing OC's.

We are trying to source some product in order to test our process at a commercial scale.

Logistically North America would be best but not a deal breaker.

TTYL

Are you looking for a Urals/Volga/REBCO Russian crude oil sample?

Yes we are

(edited)

I bought a Urals sample from onta.com

Edited by canadas canadas

3 hours ago, eagle said:

Yes we are

I bought a Urals sample from onta.com

Thank you I will get in touch with them.

Any recommendations on who I should talk to?

Again Thanks

8 hours ago, eagle said:

Thank you I will get in touch with them.

Any recommendations on who I should talk to?

Again Thanks

Are you interested in buying OC contaminated crude oil? if so why? just curious, do you have some tech you want to test out?

Yes, we are working on a process and would like some different types from different areas to test.

On 11/27/2019 at 4:55 PM, eagle said:

Yes, we are working on a process and would like some different types from different areas to test.

Good for you? Are you looking for funding and or licensing for the tech? Let me know if you are interested in that. If you are looking for larger volumes of contaminated crude , I could probably find some ranging from 800bbls-5,000bbls coming out of Appalachia and IL Basin and probably some out of West TX.

Thanks

(edited)

No on the funding and or licensing but yes on the larger volumes of contaminated crude.

Please let me know on price and location.

Thanks

Any luck????

Edited by eagle
just adding to the cnversation

(edited)

All I know this year state-owned company responsible for pipelines called Transnieft secured 24 billions of roubles for compensations because of contamination.

Its just about  400 milions of dollars and you can read in russian newspapers like 1prime.ru or finmarket.ru that contaminated oil is sold with 10-15 $ discount so the whole crisis is resolved with substantially less amount of money that it was firstly predicted.

Edited by Tomasz