Tom Kirkman

Trump's China Strategy: Death By a Thousand Paper Cuts

(edited)

14 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Please allow me to return the favor to the English here, who may be slightly befuddled about the U.S. political parties:

Democrats: A left-leaning political party full of bleeding-heart pansies who are all high on the devil’s lettuce.

Republicans: A right-leaning political party packed with rednecks who love guns and God, in that order.

Democrats: “I’m With Her” T-shirt, Barack Obama “Hope” tattoo on lower back, copy of The God Delusion tucked under arm.

Republicans: Profile picture depicting Caucasian Jesus wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat.

🤣🤣 Can't say I've noticed this at all here Tom? Oh wait ... 

15 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

I'd watch that.

Yep me too, would be gold. I'd pay for the seat infront of me too so I could put my feet up with popcorn.

Edited by Guest

33 minutes ago, DayTrader said:
15 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

I'd watch that.

Yep me too, would be gold. I'd pay for the seat infront of me too so I could put my feet up with popcorn.

Its obvious who wins!

2 fat blokes going at it, Xi wins easy he must be the yokozuna!

• Like 1

(edited)

10 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

2 fat blokes going at it,

Would be better if they were in those huge sumo suit things, f**king hilarious - Xi in a Pooh one, Trump in a large generic orange man one. 

Maybe that could be the first fight, the second is traditional boxing and the third is Muay Thai.

Either way I'm there.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Either way I'm there.

I think its the first thing you and Enthalpic have ever agreed on!🤣

Not at all, we both like young women and gambling. I just have a better car and our country owns his ass.

He's cool, we were both just being stupid and got carried away. I've been through a lot of shit last few years Rob and funnily enough was maybe gonna post later about it, in terms of sorry if I've been a twat, but got some great news today after all this, hence my happy posts today. You can't go wrong with a bit of mild racism from Brit to Brit, let's face it. Everyone knows England is amazing, so they bring up things like golf? Jealousy is not a good characteristic Rob, we just have to get used to it from others.

#deepfriedmarsbars

5 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Not at all, we both like young women and gambling. I just have a better car and our country owns his ass.

He's cool, we were both just being stupid and got carried away. I've been through a lot of shit last few years Rob and funnily enough was maybe gonna post later about it, in terms of sorry if I've been a twat, but got some great news today after all this, hence my happy posts today. You can't go wrong with a bit of mild racism from Brit to Brit, let's face it. Everyone knows England is amazing, so they bring up things like golf? Jealousy is not a good characteristic Rob, we just have to get used to it from others.

#deepfriedmarsbars

Haha

yep some good natured mickey taking is all good with me

James seems like a really good guy (but don't tell him i said so)😉

• Like 1

He is, but riding motorbikes and owning guns are not signs of intelligence. I honestly worry about Tom sometimes and think Jan may have a point with the rolling pin theory. 

Just now, DayTrader said:

He is, but riding motorbikes and owning guns are not signs of intelligence. I honestly worry about Tom sometimes and think Jan may have a point with the rolling pin theory. 

Now you've gone and insulted Douglas as well talking about motorbikes 🤣

I have to agree about the rolling pin though

Presume you're gonna vote lib dem Thursday😂

I had an argument with a friend on Saturday who voted remain like me, as he said he was voting lib dem to stop article 50. Democracy first Brexit second in my book!

Haha I'm not saying you are not intelligent if you own guns or ride bikes, I mean doing those things is not a sign of some instant genius. Although thinking about it, they do probably have bikes as they couldn't pass their driving test, let's face it. 

LOL tell your friend to look up 'democrat' and 'liberal' in a dictionary. 

33 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

I had an argument with a friend on Saturday who voted remain like me, as he said he was voting lib dem to stop article 50. Democracy first Brexit second in my book!

What continues to surprise me about the Brexiteers is that they are not out there with their fleet of dump trucks, dumping vast quantities of fresh River Thames mud into that French Chunnel.   Next thing you know, Napoleon, or at least Charles de Gaulle, will be marching through that thing to reclaim England for the Normans.  Hey, could happen. 

48 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Heh heh, you want me to start in with the red arrows?  They tend to upset some people.

23 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Haha I'm not saying you are not intelligent if you own guns or ride bikes, I mean doing those things is not a sign of some instant genius. Although thinking about it, they do probably have bikes as they couldn't pass their driving test, let's face it. 

LOL tell your friend to look up 'democrat' and 'liberal' in a dictionary. 

And now you know why I am a committed Monarchist.   God save King Willem Alexander!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

D.T., some day you too will have a wife, a nice plump English matron, and she will be beating your ass!

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

What continues to surprise me about the Brexiteers is that they are not out there with their fleet of dump trucks, dumping vast quantities of fresh River Thames mud into that French Chunnel.   Next thing you know, Napoleon, or at least Charles de Gaulle, will be marching through that thing to reclaim England for the Normans.  Hey, could happen. 

Nah we'll leave that to some Islamist nutter with a car bomb, cant believe they haven't tried that already, seem to have a thing for London Bridge instead.

13 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

D.T., some day you too will have a wife, a nice plump English matron, and she will be beating your ass!

Do you have her number? 

2 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Do you have her number? 

Special Delivery:

image.png.bf4b85d2c2353bcaf708de9b59fe1b28.png

8 hours ago, Marcin said:

Chinese currency changed from 6,5 to 7,05 from July 2018 till December 2019. It is about 7% and most of all się to strengthening of US dolar vs other major currencies from Chinese weighted foreign currency basket. 20% from 6,5 would be devaluation till 7,8 rate. 

Another case od strong denial. You are more eager to forget that you are math major and certainly capable of easy arithmetic. I was wondering what is the curriculum of this advanced placement program in case of 2 calculus courses. It was really advanced, first of them i had in secondary school, mandatory but i was in math class and second only on my freshmen year. I have 2 friends that are professional scientists in a field of theoretical physics and by comparison could say you have great mind, really gifted. That is why i do not like this premeditated bashing China by just repeating Trump tweets.

Yes in math we learned all about cherry picked data. Like July rather than April? My point still stands concerning big swings in "value" and the fact that China's isn't market driven but govt driven. 

BTW if you want to be accused of being a bot writing in this manner works. I can understand it's English as a second language but…

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kshithij Sharma said:

I am sorry for the bretton woods part. Bretton woods agreement was annuled in 1971 which ended the gold pegging. I mistakenly wrote that Bretton Woods did the opposite. Nevertheless, the concept of gold pegging and its abolishment is still true and that matters the most.

What do you think was annulment of Bretton Woods agreement? USA did the exact thing you are calling as bad practice. USA promised to peg its dollar with gold and then canceled it, thereby making its dollar worthless. So, you answer the question as to why dollar was used for selling oil when it showed so much uncertainty and fickleness?

As of now, dollar is not devaluating because of petrodollar and not otherwise. In other words, it is due to the fact that there is demand for dollar to buy the most important commodity - petroleum - that the demand for dollar exists and hence reduces the fluctuation. We saw how dollar crashed in 2008, showing that dollar is not free from fluctuation when the price of oil fluctuates.

If everyone in the world uses Rupees, then India will have enough demand for Rupee that it will not have a need to devalue. The devaluation happens with respect to dollar due to dollar hegemony rather than on its own. The problem is with dollar which is arbitrarily being forced upon countries and hence necessitating devaluation and other tactics. 

If China was not compelled to use someone else's currency, thus pegging their economy with someone else's whims, China too would have maintained stable currency. It is because China is forced to use dollar for trade that it tries to change its own currency price accordingly. Chinese devaluation is a reaction to dollar, not an inherent problem. If Chinese Yuan/Renminbi was the international currency, then China sis not have to do such devaluations. The idea that China will do the same devaluation even when its currency becomes international currency without questioning USA's Bretton Woods annulment simply reeks of bias.

Sharma I can only guess at your education on these subjects. You didn't do yourself any favors on getting Bretton Woods completely backwards. I'll admit to a bit of prejudice therefore in considering your opinions. 

There simply wasn't enough gold in the world to continue to support Bretton Woods, let alone in the US. You do understand the concept of unsustainable no? Without gold the dollar "floats" as do all the other world currencies. How "well" it floats is dependent on multiple factors. Being a superpower helps, but we're not the kind of superpower that, for instance China would be. Just look how they treat their own people and imagine how they'd treat you if you got in their way.

That's why I can always spot a good little people's army soldier like you.  Cheers sir 

1 hour ago, Ward Smith said:

There simply wasn't enough gold in the world to continue to support Bretton Woods,

Nothing prevented the price of gold being inflated commensurate with GDP or some other mechanism so that is an unsound premise which needs to nowadays be balanced against the rationale for many nations choosing to add gold to their Central Bank reserves. 

3 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

I reckon her number is 0800dialsex

Nah, she is eminently marriageable.  Most young women become flight attendants for the specific purpose of meeting a fine man, preferably with a lot of money who buys first-class tickets, and then marrying him.  @DayTrader will make the cut even if flying second class, because of his dapper good looks and that fedora up top. 

3 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

On another note Jan it looks like its the end for the Polders back home if you believe the latest scientists.

https://news.sky.com/story/greenland-ice-loss-will-expose-400m-people-to-flooding-each-year-11883074

The simple solution to excess water from melting is to divert the large rivers such as the Nile and the Congo out into the deserts.  Remember that water evaporates and comes down as rain, and then the rain goes into rivers, and then into the ocean.  If you interrupt that and divert the water into some desert to go sink into the sand  (and form new giant lakes), then you keep the sea-rise at bay.  Lots of deserts to go fill, including of course the Gobi. 

• Like 1

(edited)

17 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

will make the cut even if flying second class, because of his dapper good looks and that fedora up top. 

Haha thanks. Was a gift actually from an amazing couple I stayed with in Nepal. In my room it was randomly on a window sill, untouched, unworn, behind a curtain. They insisted I keep it for nothing when I tried it on and offered to buy it for a few bucks. It's worthless mate but memory wise priceless to me and takes me back to the Himalayas.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Haha thanks. Was a gift actually from an amazing couple I stayed with in Nepal. In my room it was randomly on a window sill, untouched, unworn, behind a curtain. They insisted I keep it for nothing when I tried it on and offered to buy it for a few bucks. 

You are going to be the next fellow in the liquor ad that presents "The most intriguing man in the world."!

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, remake it said:

Nothing prevented the price of gold being inflated commensurate with GDP or some other mechanism so that is an unsound premise which needs to nowadays be balanced against the rationale for many nations choosing to add gold to their Central Bank reserves. 

Wrong again buckwheat. The exchange rate changed twice in 1971 and both times created a run on Fort Knox causing rapidly depleting reserves. You don't seem to know any more about Bretton Woods than Sharma and Marcin. You three related somehow? 

Here's a Basic primer for you. The AI can't understand, you'll need to read it yourself

26 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Wrong again buckwheat. The exchange rate changed twice in 1971 and both times created a run on Fort Knox causing rapidly depleting reserves. You don't seem to know any more about Bretton Woods than Sharma and Marcin. You three related somehow? 

Why not show the many times before 1971 that gold prices moved commensurate with economic growth rather than it magically be locked into the same price for decades while the value of most other commodities increased vastly?