Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ronwagn

Greta the Teenage Climate Puppet Goes Full Marxist

While I agree Greta is mostly wrong anyone who says

"And with most of the West so eager to destroy its industrial capacity just because an annoying little girl in pigtails got radicalised by watching Ice Age 2, is it any wonder that China treats it with such ill-disguised contempt."

is as guilty of hyperbole as Greta is. Greta is young, ignorant, and passionate. A professional journalist has no such excuse. Just pandering to an audience and giving Greta credit she doesn't deserve, and oddly ironically, helping keep her visibility up. I thought 15 minutes of fame was all these sorts got.

As I recall a certain ex-VP who lost to Bush43 pushed made carbon the centerpiece of his campaign after he finished inventing the internet. Was Greta even born yet? 

China treats the USA ill-disguised contempt. I sort of view that as a complement. And I am glad we are the world's envy with natural gas. 

(edited)

5 hours ago, John Foote said:

Greta is young, ignorant, and passionate. A professional journalist has no such excuse.

I am in full agreement sir. We are within a stage of societal delusion where the criticism of a potentially ill teenage girl is seen as a normality. This is a concern to myself and I rather hope I am not alone in these musings. The only consolation it seems would be the atrociously bad journalism as you referenced and that even the source itself is rather laughable. Criticize the agenda if it gives you pleasure to do so, not the 'puppet' little girl who potentially has little say in such matters, if said agenda is as strong as believed?

Edited by Papillon
  • Great Response! 1

1 hour ago, Papillon said:

I am in full agreement sir. We are within a stage of societal delusion where the criticism of a potentially ill teenage girl is seen as a normality. This is a concern to myself and I rather hope I am not alone in these musings. The only consolation it seems would be the atrociously bad journalism as you referenced and that even the source itself is rather laughable. Criticize the agenda if it gives you pleasure to do so, not the 'puppet' little girl who potentially has little say in such matters, if said agenda is as strong as believed?

Indeed and if we are to push the matter further to help put an end to these 15 minutes, it is important to note that there have been many thousands of speakers in the United Nations building, most with far more eloquence, sense of purpose and theatricality of delivery. Why, I remember a certain gentleman in 1960 who was full Marxist and...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoe-banging_incident

Let us avoid the emptiness of rhetoric that is presented under the guise of this triggered teen and heed the time-honoured guidance: 'Please do not feed the trolls'...

• Like 1

A couple of my memes today.  Made before I saw this thread.

3i37o3.thumb.jpg.aad8570d1c09ce9a60c798519561a8e4.jpg

And

3i35c9.thumb.jpg.af48ea7325d958030de6adda3ec9e316.jpg

And a few more from today, unrelated.  Hey, I was bored ...

3i38nz.jpg.22a4748b64783884ba019e1305aa57b9.jpg

3i2h0j.jpg.a4fd975c94c9753d3cce165605233fb2.jpg

3i2c0y.jpg.b987a9aecbc03fc29b68f9f6ff9cbc1b.jpg

3i2gnl.jpg.7f9883a2fe4f83063c13c7f32056197b.jpg

On 11/29/2019 at 9:50 PM, Papillon said:

The child has Asperger's, so she has definitely been coached for the role she is playing and her parents should be ashamed. The left should be calling them out for doing such a thing, but that wouldn't fit the "agenda" so it's just fine to be a hypocrite in this case, and so many others...