Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JN

READ: New Record Conoco Eagleford Vintage 5 wells, their 5th generation test wells . . . Shale going bust . . . LAUGHABLE

(edited)

Not all fractures created equal

Technical Engineering Reservoir Modeling Article.

https://pubs.spe.org/en/jpt/jpt-main-page/

https://pubs.spe.org/en/jpt/jpt-article-detail/?art=6240

Shale going bust laughable.  Shale and actually whole energy industry going thru transition. That is not to say over half of today's producers will not be gone in a year or two.  They will.  

DOUBLE YIELD 10% TO 20%

During Investor Day Conoco discussed how they used 5 technologies to double yield.  It is primarily based on (1) CORE SAMPLING, (2) ADVANCED SIESMIC TECHNIQUES /AMALYTICS, and (3) PRESSURE CONTROL.  

(4) They have also stated that they solved the stack and well spacing (parent/child) deleima and are able to drill 12 to 16 wells per section. 

Conoco champions 5 TECHNOLOGIES to achieve greater productivity.  Conoco recent Investor Day Presentation stated they are doubling yield from 10% to  20% at their pilot test wells and .  .  .  .  . .  .  .    they said they can do even better (> 20%) !

ADDITIONALLY THEY ARE REFRACING ALL VINTAGE 1 AND Vintage 2 WELLS (2009 thru 2015) WITH COST BELOW $30 BARREL.

TRANSITION / CONSOLIDATION

All those producers that survive the Consolidation and Transition will be using these new 5 technologies 

This in effect is doubling reserves and cutting costs by as much as half.

Shale slows 2020 . . . gets second wind 2021. Decades of shale productivity. 

How long increasing crude oil demand ?  What I do know .  .  .  .  it's NOT decades.

Edited by Jabbar
  • Upvote 3

Jabbar,

Great paper, thanks!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Conoco champions 5 TECHNOLOGIES to achieve greater productivity

Okay, once again you mention new technologies which will miraculously save the shale oil industry. This time tou have highlighted 5.

Could you please list these 5?
  • Like 1

(edited)

On 12/3/2019 at 9:20 PM, Douglas Buckland said:

Conoco champions 5 TECHNOLOGIES to achieve greater productivity

Okay, once again you mention new technologies which will miraculously save the shale oil industry. This time tou have highlighted 5.

Could you please list these 5?

No, not miraculous. I don't believe in miracles. It's science and geological engineers.

Wrong I haven't highlighted 5.  Conoco listed and discussed the 5 technologies. Listen to their investor day presentation.  The section on "Lowered 48" section. 

Edited by Jabbar

Okay, fair enough. I see four listed, not five. No NEW technology is defined and presented in detail and there is nothing except their say so that the parent/sibling well spacing issue has been resolved. I have not seen anything in the journals on this.

So once again, some nefarious ‘technologies’ are going to save the shale game....bullshit!

32 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

So once again, some nefarious ‘technologies’ are going to save the shale game....bullshit!

Damn it man stop sitting on the fence and tell it like it is!🤣

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rob Plant said:

Damn it man stop sitting on the fence and tell it like it is!🤣

Apparently Douglas believes Conoco CEO is in a conspiracy with Chevron, Exxon and Occidental CEOs to perpetrate a fraud on the world to boost their stock price.  

U.S. production 12.9 million barrels day week ending Nov 29

• Like 1

On 12/5/2019 at 6:20 AM, Douglas Buckland said:

Okay, fair enough. I see four listed, not five. No NEW technology is defined and presented in detail and there is nothing except their say so that the parent/sibling well spacing issue has been resolved. I have not seen anything in the journals on this.

Douglas,

Have you read Raterman et al (2019)?  I have not, but you might have access to the conference paper linked below (July 2019).

https://onepetro.org/conference-paper/URTEC-2019-263-MS?sort=&start=0&q=urtec+263&from_year=&peer_reviewed=&published_between=&fromSearchResults=true&to_year=&rows=25&_ga=2.159521661.1959711855.1575982083-1381697142.1572037098#>

• Upvote 1

(edited)

On 12/5/2019 at 6:20 AM, Douglas Buckland said:

"nefarious"    ?

Edited by Jabbar