MS

Democrats through impeachment process helped Trump go out of China deal conundrum. Now Trump can safely postpone deal till after November 2020 elections

3 hours ago, Marcin said:

US is trying to re-open US rare earth mine, it will take time to scale up refining. Major control of semiconductors by US is through equipment, even SEMIC 28 nm process could not be conducted without US or European equipment. Also Huawei without TSMC foundries is gone.

No, Chinese 28nm is from their own R&D. It is not that USA alone is capable of R&D. For example, when India asked USA to give 180nm lithography in 2010 when USA was already in 28nm. Despite 180nm being 5 generations behind, USA squarely refused to give the technology. I don't think USA would give 28nm technology which is just 2 generation behind intel's current technology of 14nm. Moreover, the Australia group prohibits selling of technology which is 3 generation or less from the modern lithography technology. This means 28nm equipment is prohibited from being sold to China.

Huawei has made backup plans to use 28nm technology in case TSMC sanctions it. After all, TSMC uses USA equipments and IPR. USA dependence on rare earth minerals from China makes Chinese feel more secure in the bargain. So, they are purchasing chips from TSMC for now. But Huawei is likely to have a backup plan to ensure that they fall back to 28nm in case there is a sanction. The time USA needs to get its rare earth mine fully ready is enough time for Huawei to develop further technology to reduce the gap significantly. Huawei is not as desperate as many make it appear.

• Upvote 2

(edited)

19 hours ago, Papillon said:

Thankyou sir. I have also throughout the threads discovered and enjoyed a lot of your posts and sense of humor (or should that be humoUr?) and sarcasm. I could tell you were English in an instant and am half English myself. If I may, would it be at all possible to contact via the messenger feature with regard to trading at all sir?

I am assuming you are both friends for you to talk in this way? I meant no offence in my post, it was intended as a little banter back and forth too in all honesty as I'm sure Mr Regan's was, which he then confirmed. It just seemed to come out of nowhere in fairness and I was a little taken aback as it were. He seems a pleasant enough fellow. 

@Papillon If my old  fellow service man DT (by the way DT thanks for your service) has paid you respect I can only further apologise for feeling you out, it must have seemed strange to be randomly barraged from some person you have never heard of, you did well, I had no reason whatsoever for jumping on your case, you sir will be well respected here. DT and I have campaigned in various theatres, I was his spotter during various covert operations, never one to grab the limelight as a spotter, I always left DT to take the credit, I'm sure he will be first to admit we were and still are a team, DT was always a good wordsmith but he wasn't very good at numbers hence why we maid such a good team, this is now evident in his trading. Many nights were spend listening to his stories over the comms, but when it came down to business he always got confirmation.

I saw you are half English, where is the other half, Scotland maybe, that would be good for DT moving ahead, anyway don't apologise for your English or understanding of it, your English is better than mine, but Im Scottish, so best not go there, even though the sasanachs don't realise we are speaking their own mother tongue from centuries ago, but we cut them slack.

Okay Rambled On to quote the best band in History, even DT and Im sure @Rob Plant will also agree, he better he wrote it.

Cheers and great weekend to you Sir and all my friends on OP.......

Edited by James Regan
Send it........ There a fair Maiden there somewhere????
  • Like 2
  • Great Response! 2

(edited)

Firstly, many thanks sir for your message. I'm afraid to say that I thought you were aware I was half English and this is why I replied how I did. It was intended as merely some good old fashioned British banter sir and not in the racist manner with which it must have read to you. I sincerely hope this is clear sir, I did not mean to offend and have nothing against your beautiful country at all. I half expected an amusing reply back from you in all honesty so felt awful when it seemed I had offended or simply come across as an ignorant racist.

I'm afraid I am a little confused by the team you speak of with regard to DayTrader and the covert operations sir. Do you mean on this site? You are indeed friends then obviously? I assumed you must be after his 'testing the waters' post! He seems a pleasant chap too, prone to a little banter, and we chatted through the messenger feature this morning. 

Incidentally the 'other half' in terms of myself is Japanese. My father was English and my mother was Japanese so feel free, and dare I say I challenge you, to come up with your best 'John and Yoko' joke, though I warn you I have heard them now for 40 years, so you will be doing rather well in all honesty if you have any originality in the joke at all sir. 

Finally yes the name Robert Plant kept ringing a bell sir but I could not put my finger on it. I just had to look online. The singer from Led Zeppelin. Of course! I'm afraid my years are showing, there was a time I would have known this name in a heartbeat.

Again thankyou sir for your message and I trust this clarifies my reply thoroughly. Merely banter. My apologies again if it came across differently and have a lovely weekend too. With respect, Papillon. 

Edited by Papillon
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

I’m sad you don’t remember me instantly Papillon😢

only joking I think my parents had a sense of humour!

it doesn’t help we are both from The Black Country in the West Midlands

• Haha 1

Great a freakin room guys!   LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

(edited)

16 hours ago, Bob D said:

Great a freakin room guys!   LOL

I was almost thinking the same, then realised that I would be in that room, arghhhhhhh. 😂

Although that room may have been "great" that spellchecker got you, remember wars have been started for less.

The "U" must be correctly placed, us Scots never quite managed it @DayTrader

Edited by James Regan
Spellchecker WILL F$%K your wourld up......

On 12/4/2019 at 9:33 AM, Marcin said:

Democratic party by starting and aggressively pursuing the impeachment process suddenly changed the optics of current US political narrative. It seems domestic matters will dominate campaign clashes.

Stop the presses!  This latest scandal will surely be the end of Trump!  How dare he !!!

9xih.thumb.png.62365576b84aee02bba840f7a526f087.png

(edited)

On 12/5/2019 at 4:06 PM, DayTrader said:

@Papillon , let me 'test the waters' for you ...

James is indeed Scottish, it is not his fault. This is why Tom lists shooting guns and riding motorcycles as apparent signs of intelligence. You see, in Scotland, if you can sit on a bike or even use a gun without blowing your own head off, you are in the top 10% instantly.

It starts with an awful diet that seems to start at birth as they will literally eat anything as long as it is deep fried. As they get older the whisky consumption simply grows and grows, it is literally in their blood. So go easy on him, although I agree with every word you say and cannot wait for you to converse with Jan van Eck here. I genuinely think your posts are incredible. Respect.

How are 'the waters' now James?  ;) 

Its quite ironic and adds weight to some of your comments, did you know that here are more expatriate Scots than Scots living in Scotland, and most of the population of Scotland are what we refer to as White Settlers or FEBs, I will let you make your own mind up on what a FEB is, if you have problems I will indulge at a later date.

Just to throw some kudos north of the wall, that motorcycle and your car relies on the an amazing Scottish invention, that being the pneumatic tYre (Y) it was invented in a wee town called Stonehaven in Grampian by Robert Thompson, then stolen by a FEB and mass marketed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_William_Thomson

Another one in a ten mile radius of this wee town called Stonehaven is the even smaller Royal Burgh where I grew up called Inverbervie (inver related to mouth of, any town with Inver will have a river running through it from the sea, like Inverness mouth of the Ness river) There I just taught you something, unthinkable from a heathen eh? So I digress but this small 1500pop Burg spawned the Designer of the famous tea clipper you may have heard of called the Cutty Sark. Hercules Linton changed the world and just look where he came from, another prodigal son came from the same place, but not being one to spout off decided to refuse my addition in Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hercules_Linton

The Scots invented many thinks I won't get into the TVs, Fridges, Penicillin, Bycicles, encyclopaedias , modern geology, toasters, golf, telephones, colour photography, fingerprinting, tractor laser beams and funnily enough the Bank of England.

The waters are tepid @DayTrader how's yours......? 😉

Edited by James Regan
Added a wanking emoji
  • Upvote 1

Someone having a sudden inferiority complex flare up this morning?  What the heck brought that on?

• Haha 3

On 12/5/2019 at 12:16 PM, James Regan said:

@Papillon in all reality I was honestly having a jesting dig, I was called Pompous once on here by the most pompous person on the planet, I believe. I was just testing your water.

Sheesh, you really do have a long memory.  Did I really call you that?  Ouch!

• Haha 1

Just now, Jan van Eck said:

Sheesh, you really do have a long memory.  Did I really call you that?  Ouch!

YOOOOOOOO Jan long time no speak, no you spoke to me and many others misconstrued as pompously, but education and being brought up well by your parents if often confused with being pompous or a higher than thou complex. Your good in my books...

I was referring to the bald asshole (not Doug) who snake oiled his way onto the forum pimping Ethanol, my god I still have dreams about that prick (there I just turned back into a roughneck).

Monkey Jungle-Jungle Monkey Syndrome.

1 minute ago, James Regan said:

YOOOOOOOO Jan

I was just having a little fun with you!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Someone having a sudden inferiority complex flare up this morning?  What the heck brought that on?

Some of us have a job.... (for that I thank the grand architect or buddha or whomever it may be) I was using some of my spare time to go back, sorry I can't keep finger on the pulse these days, I must be coming across as a troll with alzheimer's 😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

I was just having a little fun with you!

YOOOOOOO being a gregarious and affectionate way I greet my friends basically Yo.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, James Regan said:

a troll with alzheimer's 😂

You are (quite slowly) getting up into  my league!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Some of us have a job.... (for that I thank the grand architect or buddha or whomever it may be) I was using some of my spare time to go back, sorry I can't keep finger on the pulse these days, I must be coming across as a troll with alzheimer's 😂

Trollzheimer's disease is no laughing matter.

• Great Response! 1

Just now, Tom Kirkman said:

There you go we invented something Scottish/American collaboration "special relationship" still at work. Maybe we can get it added to the Dicktionary , it may go Viral...

#trollzheimers

• Haha 1

(edited)

56 minutes ago, James Regan said:

The Scots invented many thinks I won't get into ... toasters, golf

I was thinking of like Newton, Hawking, Shakespeare, Darwin, Churchill ... got 100 more if you like mate ...?

Who am I to compare these with these mights of the inventor of the f**king toaster?  ;) 

Invented golf. Brilliant. Like that's a good thing? Such intellectual prowess 'inventing' that .... errr, stick, ball, hole ... hit ball into hole with stick.

#likeabug   - Don't worry Papillon, I will squish him for you.

56 minutes ago, James Regan said:

(inver related to mouth of, any town with Inver will have a river running through it ...  There I just taught you something, unthinkable from a heathen 

I didn't know this in fairness. Now if you can just show me the wisdom of deep frying a Mars bar I'm all set ...

I'm a heathen too don't worry man.

Edited by Guest

31 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Ethanol

3bckaj.jpg.f9b1572d6dc4f5329d79a17e3cb97580.jpg

31 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

28 minutes ago, James Regan said:

There you go we invented something Scottish/American collaboration "special relationship" still at work. Maybe we can get it added to the Dicktionary , it may go Viral...

#trollzheimers

Perfect for making another meme this morning.

3ipyln.jpg.00823c5107caa208107bc8f9725513fe.jpg

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

3bckaj.jpg.f9b1572d6dc4f5329d79a17e3cb97580.jpg

thats my Niece, seriously......

(edited)

17 hours ago, DayTrader said:

18 hours ago, James Regan said:

The Scots invented many thinks I won't get into ... toasters, golf

I was thinking of like Newton, Hawking, Shakespeare, Darwin, Churchill ... got 100 more if you like mate ...?

Do you really want to do this??

Churchill fair enough the rest you quoted were Oxbridge rent boys who grew up with silver spoons in the mouths, ass for Shakespeare my god he was dumb, why did he build his house so close to that airport?

deep-fried Mars Bars invented in Aberdeen, why....... never tried one, it was meant for all visiting FEBs.

The amber dram can't take that away from us, do you know the difference between Scottish and Irish Whiskies???

Jocky Wilson- greatest sportsman on the planet.

Billy Connolly - Worlds most famous welder

and our best till last Mel Gibson, so there beat that, hard to get better than Mel

https://youtu.be/u9oKdUFCoVo

Edited by James Regan

@James Regan You are off topic. For me best Scottish heritage is Adam Smith and Whisky, in the past studied both of them.

Edinburgh Castle looks majestic from distance, but inside it is rather compact. But seriously harsh weather conditions have positive impact on human genetics in long term, only the fittest survive.

It may sound racist but there is explanation why modern civilization is most developed in warm and cold temperate climate zones. The need to built habitat and gather food for winter was one of important factors. Furthermore winter period killed germs and stopped illness/epidemies from spreading.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marcin said:

@James Regan You are off topic. For me best Scottish heritage is Adam Smith and Whisky, in the past studied both of them.

Edinburgh Castle looks majestic from distance, but inside it is rather compact. But seriously harsh weather conditions have positive impact on human genetics in long term, only the fittest survive.

It may sound racist but there is explanation why modern civilization is most developed in warm and cold temperate climate zones. The need to built habitat and gather food for winter was one of important factors. Furthermore winter period killed germs and stopped illness/epidemies from spreading.

Haha we’re back to Darwin😂

2 hours ago, James Regan said:

Shakespeare my god he was dumb, why did he build his house so close to that airport?

Billy Connolly - Worlds most famous welder

LOL

do you know the difference between Scottish and Irish Whiskies

I know a similarity - they are all disgusting to me. Though the British can spell this drink correctly atleast. 

43 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Haha we’re back to Darwin

I already brought him up Rob. You must have missed it as you were distracted by the magic and wonder of the toaster. 

who grew up with silver spoons in the mouths

No that's called 'English' and speaking properly mate, and you are forgetting the era. 

Do you really want to do this??

LOL yes!  ;)  Though there is not much to 'do'. My names changed literature, evolutionary theory, physics, laws of the universe ... little things. Your list included the toaster and tyre. I am close to resting my case. 

#ethanoltwat #leavemeansleave #youlovemereally