Does anyone else get bored of Jan sitting on the fence?

Just now, DayTrader said:

Does anyone else get bored of Jan sitting on the fence?

Hey, and I'm not even American!

(edited)

7 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

Ya gotta love the crap this Bot Handler shovels out at you, including this praise of ancient China, to be revered by genuflecting at the feet of Mao himself.  Yup, great quality of life:   ordered out of your house with zero compensation as the political hacks make money selling it for demolition, for some new factory, road or reservoir;  turning the great rivers into dead cesspools just to glory in the Three Gorges Dam;  being "tried" for some crime like tax evasion with a 99.97% conviction rate, no jury, and death by gunshot to the back of the head, then (or before) having your kidneys and liver cut out, for bestowal on some Party bigwig;  being followed around by facial recognition software and given social conformity scores, in order to qualify for a passport,   yup, just lovely country, great historical tradition, you are a landless serf forever, you eat whatever the Party says you can eat, you sleep where and with who the Party says you can, you shit out in the fields because hey no toilet for you, the Party tells you if you can reproduce, and you can go live next to some toxic waste dump as heavy metals are mined for solar panels.  Yup, lovely country.  Something to really look forward to.   What a total crock of shit this Bot Handler fellow is. Unbelievable. 

For every claim you make on China there is one equally appalling for the USA but you selectively choose to ignore your nation's history with respect to for example treatment of first nations peoples and African Americans.

Edited by remake it
"your" as in where you have chosen to live

1 minute ago, remake it said:

ignore your nation's history with respect to for example treatment of first nations peoples and African Americans.

Hey, moron Bot Handler, I am not even an American.  What a moron.  "Treatment of African Americans."  I think he means blacks  (OK, "colored folks"). The "oppressed people" of America, including the President, who just bought a nice house on 29 acres on Martha's Vineyard, the most exclusive place in America, for a quick $12 million.  A really oppressed black guy, now isn't he?   Yup, "terribly treated" by the 53 million Americans who voted for him.    Hey, Bot Handler, you are a total moron.  What an idiot.  Unreal.  And the Chinese military pays you good money to write this pablum?   Your AI Program is stripping its gears, chum, so go down to Woolworth's and buy yourself some class. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

@Tom Kirkman, @Rodent, heads up, another spammer just hit the board here.  Look up two posts. 

Thanks, he's nuked.

• Haha 1

With respect gentlemen I am sure you can both agree that neither society is flawless, whether historically or in the present day, but the conversation currently is a little odd, precisely because one of you is referencing the modern day and the other a period of 150 or more years ago. Also the fact that one thinks he is talking to a robot adds a little humour and an oddity to the proceedings if I may say so.

Remake It, would you be willing sir in the interest of fairness of comparison, to for now atleast stick with the present day perhaps please? I only suggest for you to change as Mr van Eck has listed his opinions rather plainly with regard to modern China. I appreciate you in fact started historically but it has now gone from Confucius to the modern day, then back to slavery and so on, and I don't feel the back and forth in terms of era helps the discussion, certainly not in terms of comparisons. With respect, Papillon. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

Hey, moron Bot Handler, I am not even an American.  What a moron. 

You should check the notes to posts carefully.

1 hour ago, Papillon said:

I only suggest for you to change as Mr van Eck has listed his opinions rather plainly with regard to modern China.

Mr van Eck is good at opinions but not so good with facts as his sources are tempered with the spleen he vents here while forgetting that most of the "civilised" (concession to British spelling) world finds gun deaths in the USA totally unacceptable or the example of recent treatment of undocumented aliens as reprehensible as China's internment of people who they deem in need of reeducation.

2 hours ago, Papillon said:

Remake It, would you be willing sir in the interest of fairness of comparison, to for now atleast stick with the present day perhaps

Forget it, Papillon, you are talking to an artificial-intelligence Bot.  Sometimes his handler comes in.  The handler is being paid by the Chinese military, it is part of a propaganda and disruption protocol coming out of Red China.  The crap is all propaganda, a feeble attempt to counter the Trump disengagement plan.  

54 minutes ago, remake it said:

or the example of recent treatment of undocumented aliens

Just for the record, people, nobody rants louder than me against the Trump and Obama Administrations for their appalling mistreatment and abuse of the Latin-American migrants that show up either claiming asylum or crossing into the USA outside of border inspection stations.  You can argue that a migrant should have the decency to show up and present him/herself at a designated inspection station;  I also argue that, once so arrived, the USA has this long tradition of taking in migrants and refugees from all over, and is obligated both morally and legally to do so decently  (in which the last two Administrations have abysmally failed). 

The Border Patrol and ICE disgrace us all.  We should be ashamed, just mortified, that we allow this abuse to go on.  Just mortified. Ideology does NOT come ahead of Christianity, and I remind you all that America is a profoundly Christian nation.

• Great Response! 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

20 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

Ideology does NOT come ahead of Christianity, and I remind you all that America is a profoundly Christian nation.

You haven't been paying attention to decades of activist judges ruling against that concept

• Like 1

(edited)

On 12/10/2019 at 2:58 PM, remake it said:

The many baseless assumptions of posters here seem to be a ploy to avoid addressing the shortcomings of their remarks and instead divert the topic so as to hide the fact it was their bias which was being called out.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/12/11/cotton-china-uighur-labor-xinjiang-new-slavery/ Anyone can call someone biased but proof is in the pudding. 

Edited by ronwagn

On 12/6/2019 at 11:01 PM, ronwagn said:

Jan, I love the creativity of your thinking process. I am assuming that you think that rapeseed (canola) has more potential for biofuel than soybeans. I have no idea. Can you tell me why it would be preferable?

Canola is a bit of an artificial plant, bred by the Canadians by cross-breeding other plants with rapeseed.  Hence the "Can" for Canada, mixed with "ola"  [which is likely a version of "Hola!", what they say in Spanish as a greeting, hey, who knows].  So the canola plant is specifically designed for lots of oil and with certain components that make it especially healthy.  That makes it a super-great cooking oil, a bit like Mazola on steroids, so to speak. 

Canola in the USA came from basically nothing to this gigantic crop of around 3.6 billion pounds.  And the big bulk of it was harvested by removal of the seeds, located in pods on the stalk ends, and then the seeds are shipped in bulk to China.  Now, Canola seeds are about 45% oil by weight, so you get a lot of yield from the crop.  Meanwhile, soybeans run about 18% oil so you get a lot less yield from the soy plant relative to canola.  Canola seeds seem to be selling for around $550/ton, down from over $1,000 a ton in the heyday before the trade wars.

With a depressed price, lots of yield, and vast amounts of in-stock inventory, canola looks like a great feedstock for bio-diesel.  It would be cheaper by half relative to soybean bio-diesel.  And I suspect with proper treatment you can run it "straight" as a drop-in fuel replacement.  You do have to go build that $200-million refinery, though.   Oh, well.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

Just for the record, people, nobody rants louder than me against the Trump and Obama Administrations for their appalling mistreatment and abuse of the Latin-American migrants that show up either claiming asylum or crossing into the USA outside of border inspection stations.  You can argue that a migrant should have the decency to show up and present him/herself at a designated inspection station;  I also argue that, once so arrived, the USA has this long tradition of taking in migrants and refugees from all over, and is obligated both morally and legally to do so decently  (in which the last two Administrations have abysmally failed). 

The Border Patrol and ICE disgrace us all.  We should be ashamed, just mortified, that we allow this abuse to go on.  Just mortified. Ideology does NOT come ahead of Christianity, and I remind you all that America is a profoundly Christian nation.

Nations with the most immigrants. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_and_dependent_territories_by_immigrant_population

5 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

Canola is a bit of an artificial plant, bred by the Canadians by cross-breeding other plants with rapeseed.  Hence the "Can" for Canada, mixed with "ola"  [which is likely a version of "Hola!", what they say in Spanish as a greeting, hey, who knows].  So the canola plant is specifically designed for lots of oil and with certain components that make it especially healthy.  That makes it a super-great cooking oil, a bit like Mazola on steroids, so to speak. 

Canola in the USA came from basically nothing to this gigantic crop of around 3.6 billion pounds.  And the big bulk of it was harvested by removal of the seeds, located in pods on the stalk ends, and then the seeds are shipped in bulk to China.  Now, Canola seeds are about 45% oil by weight, so you get a lot of yield from the crop.  Meanwhile, soybeans run about 18% oil so you get a lot less yield from the soy plant relative to canola.  Canola seeds seem to be selling for around $550/ton, down from over $1,000 a ton in the heyday before the trade wars.

With a depressed price, lots of yield, and vast amounts of in-stock inventory, canola looks like a great feedstock for bio-diesel.  It would be cheaper by half relative to soybean bio-diesel.  And I suspect with proper treatment you can run it "straight" as a drop-in fuel replacement.  You do have to go build that $200-million refinery, though.   Oh, well.  

I have seen a lot of presumably fake stories about rapeseed oil canola being bad for ones health. I doubt it is much different than other similar oils. I imagine it was or is a campaign by soybean oil farmers and sellers. 

20 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Anyone can call someone biased but proof is in the pudding. 

And yet when someone shows you evidence of American puddings sir you choose to completely ignore them, presumably as it distracts from the bias, and any self reflection with regard to the USA is non-existent here, as proved on the Hong Kong thread. 

On 12/9/2019 at 5:01 PM, Enthalpic said:

The oil can be burned in a diesel engine without much modification at all.  You can even run used deep fryer grease with limited cleanup  - so might as well make some freedom fries before burning that canola oil in your big truck.  :)

Glycerin has numerous applications.  The most entertaining is nitration with HNO3 and catalytic H2SO4  BOOM!

Nitroglycerine? 

7 minutes ago, Papillon said:

And yet when someone shows you evidence of American puddings sir you choose to completely ignore them, presumably as it distracts from the bias, and any self reflection with regard to the USA is non-existent here, as proved on the Hong Kong thread. 

Everyone has a right to make their arguments here in America. That is quite unlike China where it can be disastrous. Comparisons of Chinese life to American puts you at a great disadvantage. I notice that China has very little immigration and a great deal of emigration.

• Like 1

Why am I not at all surprised sir that your response, yet again and again, is merely a comparison with China? As I appear to need to keep stating, people are simply incapable of looking within it seems, so when you say ''everyone has a right to make their arguments'' I would agree, as long as there is no self reflection involved ever it appears. It is rather notable that you ''make no argument'' ever for your own nation's actions, you merely ignore that metaphorical pudding altogether, again and again, as comparing to other countries or pointing out others' faults means your country is apparently flawless it would appear? 

To say ''I notice China...'' is rather irrelevant with respect sir.  I'm sure millions around the world could equally name thousands of things 'they notice' about the USA, for example the countries I listed that you ignored again and again.

• Rolling Eye 1

1 hour ago, ronwagn said:

I have seen a lot of presumably fake stories about rapeseed oil canola being bad for ones health. I doubt it is much different than other similar oils. I imagine it was or is a campaign by soybean oil farmers and sellers. 

The oil is enormously healthy, dramatically reduces risks of heart attacks, and reduces your body's absorption of cholesterol.  I have to hand it to the Canadians, they did a fine job of cross-breeding to selectively develop a totally superior plant.  Kudos. 

• Upvote 1

(edited)

9 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

The oil is enormously healthy, dramatically reduces risks of heart attacks, and reduces your body's absorption of cholesterol.  I have to hand it to the Canadians, they did a fine job of cross-breeding to selectively develop a totally superior plant.  Kudos. 

Glad to hear it. It is a great buy compared to olive oil! I think Canada needs to do a better sales job though. You sound like a good candidate for the job. Maybe you can buy it cheap and sell it high. 😀

Edited by ronwagn

20 hours ago, ronwagn said:

Nitroglycerine? 

Yes.

Canola oil is not bad for you; but is not as healthy, or tasty, as olive oil.  However, it does have a higher smoke point than EVOO so it's better for frying. Stick with EVOO for salad dressings.

Most of the renaming of rapeseed had nothing to do with Canada - they just wanted to remove the word "rape" from the name for marketing purposes.

• Upvote 1

On 12/11/2019 at 3:28 AM, Jan van Eck said:

Forget it, Papillon, you are talking to an artificial-intelligence Bot.  Sometimes his handler comes in.  The handler is being paid by the Chinese military, it is part of a propaganda and disruption protocol coming out of Red China.  The crap is all propaganda, a feeble attempt to counter the Trump disengagement plan.  

@Ward Smith& some other users I need to Thank You for focusing my attention on problem of AI and bots at forums. @remake itwas mentioned many times. So i spent some time to investigate this issue at this forum. I managed to identify a very cunning group of bots with 2 handlers working in shifts. The bots are @Tom Kirkman @ronwagn @Jan van Eck @Ward Smith @Rob Plant @Otis11  @DayTrader. Each handler is involved when some „socializing” bot with bot occurs and when bots are giving upvotes for themselves. Circular upvoting  among bots is the great idea. One of the handlers knows a lot about China, the second is just Copy paste guy, so I enjoy when the first  has shift. Although the second is also important as this is the one  more about socializing stuff. Without the help of one of the handlers recently talking a lot about bot issue I would not have found this idea. Unfortunately none of the handlers is specializing in geopolitics. I do not know who employs you. It could be Chinese Propaganda or US Propaganda both have interest in talking nonsense and bashing China, although because of different reasons.

• Haha 3

Please feel free to sign up for our bot training internship.

Robot-waiters-in-China_800_533_80.jpg.aa55f86654fed72c433db85c22721b6a.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Marcin said:

So i spent some time to investigate this issue at this forum. I managed to identify a very cunning group of bots with 2 handlers working in shifts.

Yeah but do you have any stats to prove it mate?

1 hour ago, Marcin said:

I do not know who employs you. It could be Chinese Propaganda

LOL how would that work, some kinda reverse psychology?