(edited)

Im am confused and not an American, but try to follow the current circus act playing out in Washington.

Is the general idea behind the current impeachment that Donald Trump is basically being charged at the core for trying to affect the 2016 and 2020 elections?

If so are the democrats not doing the same thing by carrying out this impeachment?

As they know it will never get passed the Senate is this not a grandiose publicity stunt to try and affect the US voting public by smearing POTUS.

Does political abuse of power not run in many forms?

Am I wrong or just naive??

Edited by James Regan
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 3
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Im am confused and not an American

There is a joke here somewhere I'm sure mate. Maybe 'even' inbetween 'not' and 'an' ...?

2 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Ditto.

1 minute ago, DayTrader said:

There is a joke here somewhere I'm sure mate. Maybe 'even' inbetween 'not' and 'an' ...?

Ditto.

Irony is in there somewhere in there also......🤔

• Haha 2

(edited)

@Papillon You obviously have a good sense of Humour, as does @DayTrader but he is a stickler for gramma, and grandpa.....

Edited by James Regan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Im am confused and not an American, but try to follow the current circus act playing out in Washington.

Is the general idea behind the current impeachment that Donald Trump is basically being charged at the core for trying to affect the 2016 and 2020 elections?

If so are the democrats not doing the same thing by carrying out this impeachment?

As they know it will never get passed the Senate is this not a grandiose publicity stunt to try and affect the US voting public by smearing POTUS.

Please be aware I only have access to CNN on my cable network, but being a sucker for punnishment I watch it, imagine my dismay, I cannot have any sharp or hand size objects close to hand, I love my big TV....

I think I have done well to last this long, but it is affecting my mental state. 

• Haha 5

Nuthing rong wiv propa gramma

1 minute ago, James Regan said:

I think I have done well to last this long, but it is affecting my mental state. 

No shit Mr Golf

To be honest mate I'm getting a bit lost with all this impeachment crap but look out for @Jabbar 's posts, he's generally all over it and knows his stuff.

Just now, DayTrader said:

To be honest mate I'm getting a bit lost with all this impeachment crap but look out for @Jabbar 's posts, he's generally all over it and knows his stuff.

Im not trying to cause a rumble, I think it would be good to Dumb It Down, and not get too into who did what where or who liked someones Ass.

I think the US people have seen through the smoke and mirrors. Yesterday was a great example, looking at Pelossi's face during the Impeachment announcement, (she was preying for Donald) and then ten minutes later announcing the trade deal with Mexico and Canada, is it called NAPTHA or something (maybe thats another tool the US used during another era), anyway great move to show the electorate that while wasting millions they were still getting shit done, which POTUS by the way was instrumental in getting it done, what a shit show....

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

It is kind of weird how all the witnesses are Jewish.   

Why did Joseph misfud pose as Russian intelligence when meeting with a trump campaign rep?  Misfud is western intelligence.  “Allies”

• Upvote 1

@James Regan + @DayTrader

It seems our American cousins celebrate Christmas in a totally different way, we just have turkey in our house!

Walmart pulls jumper appearing to show Santa with lines of cocaine

The company apologises and says the product was sold by a third party seller and does "not represent Walmart's values".

Monday 9 December 2019 19:29, UK

The product has been removed from the retailer's website
  • Haha 3

(edited)

The Republicans would have impeached Clinton if she had done what Trump did.  The Democrats intend to show to President Trump the same respect as what Republicans show to Democratic presidents.  

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Zhong Lu said:

The Republicans would have impeached Clinton if she had done what Trump did.  The Democrats intend to show to President Trump the same respect as what Republicans show to Democratic presidents.  

There is a scale of magnitude difference given that Bill's willy represented an attempt to hide his hold on a weapon of minor distraction while Don dictated the terms of hiding how he held up weapons of mass destruction via the Giuliani school of acting.

11 hours ago, James Regan said:

Please be aware I only have access to CNN on my cable network, but being a sucker for punnishment I watch it, imagine my dismay, I cannot have any sharp or hand size objects close to hand, I love my big TV....

You have the internet so have the best source for all the channels on youtube or on youtubetv. I recently cut the cable cord and get all I need there but also have Amazon Prime for free since it is my main shopping place and have Netflix. Please don't be masochistic. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, James Regan said:

Several of the stations (ie everyone not named Fox News) showed interviews with Demoncrats who were saying, in essence, "Trump is likely to win this election too [since our candidates are all shite], so we need to do this impeachment to try and slow him down". 

In a sane world, it would be enough to let the information out and let the voters decide. But sanity is far back in the rearview mirror. 

Remember, the Demoncrats are saying, "Looking at Hunter Biden's sketchy deals while his father was a sitting US Vice President is pure conspiracy theory and therefore off the table"! Anyone with an IQ over room temperature can see right thru this, but none of them are part of the Demoncrat's constituency. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ronwagn said:

You have the internet so have the best source for all the channels on youtube or on youtubetv.

I agree sir, surely in this day and age with all the options the CNN comment is a little baffling? I can only assume he adores the channel deep down for its quality and neutrality. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, James Regan said:

Technically it's for attempting to influence a foreign power to instigate investigations into a candidate potentially running against him in the 2020 elections while the manner in which it was being carried out demonstrated an abuse of executive power compounded by both the denigration of witnesses and an unwillingness to present people and material that would show more clearly what led him to seek influence thus obstructing the constitutional role of Congress in ensuring nobody is above the law.

You have to begrudgingly admire the Chinese military and their training of their Bot handlers. That great big long gobbledygook paragraph, above, leaves you with your head spinning.  And this Goebbels crowd actually can write that down?  Or was it all on 5x7 index cards?

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Anyone with an IQ over room temperature can see right thru this, but none of them are part of the Demoncrat's constituency. 

Sheesh, Ward, laying it on a bit heavy, now aren't we?  The "Demon-crats."  How do you follow with an encore to that one? 

[Hint:  the Bogeyman-crats.  Should work.]

I know this Pelosi crowd seriously pisses you off, and rightfully so I would interject, but let's take solace in that they are doing a total self-destruct.  It is impressive to see just how removed from reality the so-called leadership of the Democratic Party is.  I would describe it as an "altered mental state."  OK, time for the paramedics......

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

You have to begrudgingly admire the Chinese military and their training of their Bot handlers. That great big long gobbledygook paragraph, above, leaves you with your head spinning.  And this Goebbels crowd actually can write that down?  Or was it all on 5x7 index cards?

I'm guessing it would make more sense if they didn't shuffle the index cards before they posted? 

The disdain the Demoncrats have for the American public indicates they think they've got a "trump" card. Admittedly they've got 99% of the media on their "team", but more and more Americans trust the MSM less and less. But as a famous wealthy man once said, "No one ever went broke overestimating the stupidity of the public".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

The disdain the Demoncrats have for the American public indicates they think they've got a "trump" card.

Unfortunately, this is an accurate descriptor.  You have summed it up nicely. The Party just reeks of "Disdain."

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, BigJets said:

It is kind of weird how all the witnesses are Jewish.   

Not really.  Jews comprise perhaps 3-4% of the US population but are 12% of Washington and especially Capitol Hill.  All those assistants and congressional aides are Jewish, that is motivated by AIPAC specifically to give anything and everything in Congress a favorable slant to Israeli politics, and especially as cover for abuse and murder of Palestinians, both Gaza and West Bank.  Plus, it gets momentum going for the hawks that want Trump to start a war with Iran.  Watch out for AIPAC, those guys are bad news. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

Unfortunately, this is an accurate descriptor.  You have summed it up nicely. The Party just reeks of "Disdain."

To be clear, "The Party" called Democrat is not to be confused with the "leaders" called (by me) Demoncrats. Unfortunately the vast majority of democrats will blindly follow that leadership regardless of their disdain for those followers. 

• Upvote 1

Yes, just like the Republicans.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ward Smith said:

The disdain the Demoncrats have for the American public indicates they think they've got a "trump" card.

The President's primacy rests on upholding the Constitution as per the oath he swore upon coming in to office and as he has not done that he is sending a clear message that he is above the law and history has many excellent lessons for nations that allow that privilege to remain unchecked.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1