Tom Kirkman

US military convoy enters oil fields in northeast Syria

32 minutes ago, NickW said:

The Knights win lands / and or a guaranteed a place in heaven

*Which is what Mohammed and his followers had been doing for the previous 400 years against European and the near east (which had been Christian) 

Oh I see. I didnt realise killing people "guaranteed a place in heaven"

And you talk to me about double standards, I'm sure i've read somewhere "Thou shalt not Kill", oh wait.....

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I guess the Moors (Muslims) fighting their way to just outside Paris get a pass on the hate thing....

Didn't say their actions weren't reprehensible but lets be fair Europeans over the centuries haven't exactly been slow in "conquering" lands when it suits them.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NickW said:

Nail on Head. 

The Pope obliged this by declaring a holy war which motivated thousands of well armed Northern European Knights and Men at Arms to come and fight for free. 

Europe: Anti-Christian Attacks Reach All-Time High In 2019

Anti-Christian hostility is sweeping across Western Europe, where, during 2019, Christian churches and symbols were deliberately attacked day after day.

Qa30zaL_d.jpg.b7dd9aa5d9005d35b1b4bd124d2c80af.jpg

51 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Didn't say their actions weren't reprehensible but lets be fair Europeans over the centuries haven't exactly been slow in "conquering" lands when it suits them.

Going back to the Crusades. Prior to that European states had very little interest in the region as a whole. What was left were the remains  of the Eastern Roman Empire. 

The crusades were, (as Tom pointed out) a counter attack after 400 years of assaults on Europe - The whole of Spain. Southern France as far as Paris (As Doug points out), Italy, Sicily, Greece, Asia Minor, Crete, Cyprus. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Europe: Anti-Christian Attacks Reach All-Time High In 2019

Anti-Christian hostility is sweeping across Western Europe, where, during 2019, Christian churches and symbols were deliberately attacked day after day.

Qa30zaL_d.jpg.b7dd9aa5d9005d35b1b4bd124d2c80af.jpg

Yep - Thanks Merkel. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

And neither were the Muslims! My point being that nobody held the moral higher ground back then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NickW said:

Nail on Head. 

The Pope obliged this by declaring a holy war which motivated thousands of well armed Northern European Knights and Men at Arms to come and fight for free. 

And, of course, Saladin was just a simple peasant who got annoyed at those pesky Christians and somehow managed to entice a Muslim horde to follow him...go figure.

• Like 1

(edited)

9 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

And neither were the Muslims! My point being that nobody held the moral higher ground back then.

Agreed Douglas

My point is 2 wrongs dont make a right

My initial point was the hypocrisy of the Christian church and the bloodshed over the last few millenia it has caused

Edited by Rob Plant
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Douglas Buckland said:

And, of course, Saladin was just a simple peasant who got annoyed at those pesky Christians and somehow managed to entice a Muslim horde to follow him...go figure.

The problem to this day is that most Muslims see these events in a one dimensional fashion and cannot see the other parties perspective. 

Christian Crusades - bad, immoral, evil

Islamic (Jihad) good, moral, holy. 

• Like 2

Happy New year Oil is UP and one less madman killing Americans , love the smell of “Drone Strike in the morning”

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NickW said:

The problem to this day is that most Muslims see these events in a one dimensional fashion and cannot see the other parties perspective. 

Unfortunately the narrative of today in the media remains the same.

However I would argue that 90% of Muslims are law abiding and don't share the Jihadi viewpoint and this is a Wahhabi muslim stance only. 

7 minutes ago, NickW said:

This guy has been freely running around Malaysia for years, dirtbagging any religion that is not Islam:

z6wwvpl0ps441.jpg.9d359f072bfc6f28a16b22e3cff9b996.jpg

P.S.  I am skeptical of any organized religion, regardless of flavor.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

This guy has been freely running around Malaysia for years, dirtbagging any religion that is not Islam:

z6wwvpl0ps441.jpg.9d359f072bfc6f28a16b22e3cff9b996.jpg

I rest my case regarding religion being a divisive man made issue, each religion MUST be correct when none in fact are. Many have complete lunatics spouting off utter rubbish such as this pr*ck, but Catholicism hasn't exactly been blameless here over the years either!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Agreed Douglas

My point is 2 wrongs dont make a right

My initial point was the hypocrisy of the Christian church and the bloodshed over the last few millenia it has caused

Rob, you need to differentiate between Christian and Catholic... they are not the same animal.

7 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Rob, you need to differentiate between Christian and Catholic... they are not the same animal.

It’s actually a bit confusing and more to it.

The "Pastoral Provision" of Pope John Paul II 

At the requests of such Anglican clergy, in 1982 Pope John Paul II approved a "pastoral provision" that allowed some groups of Anglicans to enter the Catholic Church en masse while preserving their structure as churches and maintaining elements of an Anglican identity. In the United States, a number of individual parishes took this route, and in most cases, the Church dispensed the married Anglican priests who served those parishes from the requirement of celibacy so that, after their reception into the Catholic Church, they could receive the Sacrament of Holy Orders and become Catholic priests.

https://www.learnreligions.com/anglicanism-vs-catholicism-542550

31 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Perhaps not, but they're all a load of nonsense, perpetuated by men who crave power. Just like politicians in fact.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Perhaps not, but they're all a load of nonsense, perpetuated by men who crave power. Just like politicians in fact.

....in your opinion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

....in your opinion.

yep

6 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

How many times do I need to state that my opinions tend to stray quite afar from mainstream?  I don't have a TV, I don't watch TV, or listen to mainstream media, and am a firm skeptic of mass info-tainment bread and circuses.

Huh? Was just a joke mate.

3 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Is this yet another example of "holy wars" that confirms @DayTrader opinion that religion is in fact man made ideology and not "GOD"

Thou shalt not kill ... apart from you, and you, and you ....

Love thy neighbour ... apart from you, and you, and you ...

3 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

How ridiculous is it that the leader of a "faith/church" declares war on another religion, going against the teachings of the very book it says it represents!

Well it probably doesn't help that the first 3 commandments are 'worship me and no one else'. 

Anyway, this is off topic and I've accused JR of that recently as recent ME events were clearly what Doug had in mind in his psychic wisdom when he started the shale thread. 

I'm going for a drive ... (oil related).

8 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

I'm going for a drive ... (oil related).

I'm using my plastic mouse and keyboard so that's oil related too 😊

• Haha 2

"What was God thinking when he put American oilfields in some remote Middle Eastern countries?"

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

The whataboutism goes from USA to China to Christians to Muslims. I am not surprised sir. As I state again and again, anything but self analysis, which ironically is one of the tenants of Buddhism (the belief system that does not kill others, even animals, or have a demand to do so). 

3 hours ago, Yoshiro Kamamura said:

"What was God thinking when he put American oilfields in some remote Middle Eastern countries?"

I am not sure sir but it was most likely about death in some form. 

• Upvote 1

O M G

Hahahahahahah I'm saying nothing. 

Image result for popcorn eating gif

@Papillon , you ever been to Nepal? 

(edited)

6 hours ago, NickW said:

The irony. Change the word 'muslims' for 'of OilPrice' and you're pretty bang on mate.

@NickW   - As I've said before, as long as you're not a Democrat, or pro China, or vegetarian, or under 40, or a bot, or an environmentalist, or anti Trump, or pro EU, or pro shale, or anti guns, or atheist ... then yeah, your 'perspective' will be valued loads here. 

#truthbomb

Edited by Guest