Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KT

Foreign Oil Weathering Kurdish Referendum?

Any of you traders following shares of oil companies operating in Iraqi Kurdistan since the referendum and the loss of Kirkuk to the Iraqis? I used to closely follow Genel Energy (Tony Hayward), but haven't kept up. They didn't have an easy time of it before the referendum, particularly in terms of getting money owed them out of the KRG, but I imagine things are about to get worse with all the uncertainty. Maybe not. Would like to hear the trader perspective ... 

Looking at the news on foreign companies there, market is betting there will not be any major interruptions to crude supplies from Kurdistan in the near future, whatever the outcome of the referendum.

Didn't Hayward leave Genel this summer?

Think he left in June and is back focusing on Glencore as chairman. Genel still loss-making as far as I know and things just aren't working out well. Hayward was a great cheerleader for Iraqi Kurd oil, calling it the final frontier of oil and gas ... 

Genel just located two oil bearing reservoirs in the northern area of the Taq Taq. They are there to stay