JN

Senate Impeachment Trial: After opening statements Trump will file Motion to Dismiss. Debate 2 days. Senate votes, Motion to Dismiss passes

Paps

2 "sirs' left today.  Your support of the BOT is amusing.  Multiple Up votes for a BOT.  Maybe you can give a trophy to your toaster tonight.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bob D said:

Multiple Up votes for a BOT.  Maybe you can give a trophy to your toaster tonight.

Please look again as you have confused Haha (hope that is big enough to see) with other emoticons and might become a laughing stock yourself.

• Haha 1

(edited)

5 minutes ago, Bob D said:

Paps

2 "sirs' left today.  Your support of the BOT is amusing.  Multiple Up votes for a BOT.  Maybe you can give a trophy to your toaster tonight.

So straight to insults and no argument to anything addressed to you? What a surprise. Thankyou for proving every one of my points yet again.

It appears you cannot even defeat a toaster and converse with it daily. That is what is amusing. Have another try at answering anything at all. 

1 minute ago, remake it said:

might become a laughing stock yourself.

Yes having a sense of humour is an upvote. How dare I laugh? By the way, ''might'' ?

Edited by Papillon

12 minutes ago, remake it said:

The next point relates to an Oath of Office the President took so those who did not watch his inauguration might like to read this link and advise which elements relating to the Constitution he has adhered to during the impeachment process to date.

Do you have a view on this Mr Plant?

You are too easily offended if you think that was an insult.

7 minutes ago, remake it said:

Do you have a view on this Mr Plant?

There is no doubt the President has surrounded himself with a few good men 

Mr. MaGoo

but that was in the past and if he hasn't sacked them (let alone the women!) by now then they are probably in or on their way to jail.

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bob D said:

You are too easily offended if you think that was an insult.

Not at all sir, just a little tired of various users attacking politeness or the lengths of posts rather than addressing any of the points made by anyone. The conclusion appears to be they have no argument for most of their beliefs even. It is precisely why you see me as ''defending'' this user also I imagine, as he too makes arguments that people do not reply to, or attack.

I simply find it bizarre if people presume this ''bot'' idea yet at the same time converse with it everyday. When they have an argument they do anyway. If they don't, the accusations seem to start. The timing of the accusations is notable, trust me. 

18 hours ago, Jabbar said:

Knucklehead, 

I down vote, as a rule, rude behaviour

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

10 minutes ago, Marcin said:

I down vote, as a rule, rude behaviour

Come on .

Don't be such a wuss

Definitionweak, cowardly, or ineffectual person : wimp Don't be such a wuss. 

Edited by Jabbar
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, remake it said:

The next point relates to an Oath of Office the President took so those who did not watch his inauguration might like to read this link and advise which elements relating to the Constitution he has adhered to during the impeachment process to date.

Although there are many intervening and amusing posts there are none which have attempted to address the topic at hand so we move on to determining how the President can be upholding his Oath of Office while deliberately belittling the Constitutionally sound impeachment process and denying the House what it requires to show the President has acted in other matters in the best interests of the United States.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@Tom Kirkman@Jabbar@Rob Plant@BigJets@Dan Warnick@Jan van Eck@Bob D@Otis11

I think I pinged you all.

The fact that YOU DO NOT KNOW Constitution of the United States, impeachment due process and Senate role:

"The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments." should not be the reason for your self satisfaction.

House bona fide did not want to impeach President Trump so asked about all documentation and witnesses to clarify that President was not guilty of the high crime of directly interfering in election of his opponent.

They were not provided. So House as a defender of Constitution had to impeach President Trump.

Role of Senate is to conduct trial.

Senate per information from @Jabbar is going to abuse his constitutional powers  and in pure political vote try to dismiss the case without the trial.

I do not know intricases of US judiciary so I do not know whether this case can be put before Supreme Court.

Actually this is not important, as Supreme Court vote would be partisan and Republicans have majority.

@remake it only noticed that US is slowly destroying Montesquieu model (and China as a dictatorship is happy)

(the fact that cunning Democrats found convenient political trap for Trump is a totally different matter)

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Marcin said:

I do not know intricases of US judiciary so I do not know whether this case can be put before Supreme Court.

It cannot but as you note it matters not as there is also a matter beyond the US borders which is beginning to resonate and it relates to how the USA will be able to internationally represent itself as a beacon of democracy while its very foundations are being undermined by its supposed protector.

7 minutes ago, Marcin said:

The fact that YOU DO NOT KNOW Constitution of the United States, impeachment due process and Senate role:

"The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments." should not be the reason for your self satisfaction.

House bona fide did not want to impeach President Trump so asked about all documentation and witnesses to clarify that President was not guilty of the high crime of directly interfering in election of his opponent.

They were not provided. So House as a defender of Constitution had to impeach President Trump.

Senate per information from @Jabbar is going to abuse his constitutional powers  and in pure political vote try to dismiss the case without the trial.

Actually this is not important, as Supreme Court vote would be partisan and Republicans have majority.

@remake it only noticed that US is slowly destroying Montesquieu model (and China as a dictatorship is happy)

(the fact that cunning Democrats found convenient political trap for Trump is a totally different matter)

LOL

Get over it. 

Senate will do the will of the 63 million Trump voters, apply the law, excercise due process guide by the Constitution and dismiss this scam. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Marcin said:

LOL

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Marcin said:

It's over.

Trial in Senate dead on Arrival.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jabbar said:

Supposed to start first week in January. Everything said today ( and probably tomorrow during Impeachment vote) looks like a precurser for Republican's Motion for Dismissal". 

THE President's Legal Team will turn the tables on Dem Majority.  EFFECTIVELY PUTTING THE DEMs ON TRIAL. 

No Impeachment trial, No additional witnesses , No bull  . . . Trump wins.

Democrats will scream foul and cover-up , but nothing they can do to stop it. 

Trump will say he wanted trial but fellow Republicans suggested time better spent on trade, more jobs, legislation, more conservative judges.

Dismissal will pass with 51 Republican voting to dismiss.  Everyone goes back to work.

Dems won't stop. They will think of something new.  

I think part of Democratic grandstanding is to occupy TV coverage time and take the IG Horowitz report and upcoming  AG Barr and Federal prosecuter Durham's investigation off of the headlines. 

The Barr/Durham investigation looks like good timing for Trump. Probably finished Spring/Summer 2020 just months before election day.

Barr/Durham not directly related to Ukraine impeachment , but indirectly. Could seriously damage Democrats and put a pall over their hopes for 2020 election win.

My opinion. Time will tell.

Marvin read this.

Supposed to start first week in January. Everything said today ( and probably tomorrow during Impeachment vote) looks like a precurser for Republican's Motion for Dismissal". 

THE President's Legal Team will turn the tables on Dem Majority.  EFFECTIVELY PUTTING THE DEMs ON TRIAL. 

Trump will say he wanted trial but fellow Republicans suggested time better spent on trade, more jobs, legislation, more conservative judges.

Dismissal will pass with 51 Republican voting to dismiss.  Everyone goes back to work.

I think part of Democratic grandstanding is to occupy TV coverage time and take the IG Horowitz report and upcoming  AG Barr and Federal prosecuter Durham's investigation off of the headlines. 

The Barr/Durham investigation looks like good timing for Trump. Probably finished Spring/Summer 2020 just months before election day.

Barr/Durham not directly related to Ukraine impeachment , but indirectly. Could seriously damage Democrats and put a pall over their hopes for 2020 election win.

The above is my opinion how this plays out 

(edited)

4 minutes ago, Jabbar said:

It's over.

Trial in Senate dead on Arrival.

Mr Plant suggested addressing the arguments presented in this thread but you are just an echo in a chamberpot.

Edited by remake it
clarity
  • Haha 1

I'd rather talk to a bot than some posters.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Jabbar said:

A great article   "What Happens After Impeachment"

https://www.history.com/news/what-happens-after-impeachment

The last paragraph confirms Jabbar's dismissal argument.

The Impeachment of President Donald Trump started during the Presidential campaign and it won't end after the President is acquitted.  Dismissal is a great option if you want to get this done quickly.  I don't.  I want a pound of flesh. 

The Republican Senate should employ similarly unfair rules for the Trial as the Democrats used on the Republicans in the Impeachment. 

Witnesses should be called who can bring the whole charade into the light.  The process that lead to Special Prosecutor Mueller needs to be investigated.  Hillary and Obama campaigns paid law firm Perkins Coie millions to funnel cash to Fusion GPS who hired Steele to produce the infamous and totally fabricated Steele Dossier.  

The Washington Post reported last week that Perkins Coie, an international law firm, was directed by both the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and Hillary Clinton’s campaign to retain Fusion GPS in April of 2016 to dig up dirt on then-candidate Donald Trump. Fusion GPS then hired Christopher Steele, a former British spy, to compile a dossier of allegations that Trump and his campaign actively colluded with the Russian government during the 2016 election. Though many of the claims in the dossier have been directly refuted, none of the dossier’s allegations of collusion have been independently verified. Lawyers for Steele admitted in court filings that his work was not verified and was never meant to be made public.

https://thefederalist.com/2017/10/29/obamas-campaign-gave-972000-law-firm-funneled-money-fusion-gps/

FISA Warrants     FBI/CIA    Hunter Biden     Schiff / Whistleblower Ciaramella

Let's take a flamethrower to DC. 

That ought to amuse the rest of the world.           

I want Schiff, Hunter Biden, Mueller, Comey, Clapper, Ohr, Rosenstein, Whistleblower Eric Ciaramella on the stand. 

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 3
  • Upvote 3

Marcin read this 

10 minutes ago, Bob D said:

I want Schiff, Hunter Biden, Mueller, Comey, Clapper, Ohr, Rosenstein, Whistleblower Eric Ciaramella on the stand. 

But you do not want people who would have had first hand testimony relevant to the impeachment process to take the stand so can you please explain why.

19 minutes ago, Bob D said:

A great article   "What Happens After Impeachment"

https://www.history.com/news/what-happens-after-impeachment

The last paragraph confirms Jabbar's dismissal argument.

The Impeachment of President Donald Trump started during the Presidential campaign and it won't end after the President is acquitted.  Dismissal is a great option if you want to get this done quickly.  I don't.  I want a pound of flesh. 

The Republican Senate should employ similarly unfair rules for the Trial as the Democrats used on the Republicans in the Impeachment. 

Witnesses should be called who can bring the whole charade into the light.  The process that lead to Special Prosecutor Mueller needs to be investigated.  Hillary and Obama campaigns paid law firm Perkins Coie millions to funnel cash to Fusion GPS who hired Steele to produce the infamous and totally fabricated Steele Dossier.  

The Washington Post reported last week that Perkins Coie, an international law firm, was directed by both the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and Hillary Clinton’s campaign to retain Fusion GPS in April of 2016 to dig up dirt on then-candidate Donald Trump. Fusion GPS then hired Christopher Steele, a former British spy, to compile a dossier of allegations that Trump and his campaign actively colluded with the Russian government during the 2016 election. Though many of the claims in the dossier have been directly refuted, none of the dossier’s allegations of collusion have been independently verified. Lawyers for Steele admitted in court filings that his work was not verified and was never meant to be made public.

https://thefederalist.com/2017/10/29/obamas-campaign-gave-972000-law-firm-funneled-money-fusion-gps/

FISA Warrants     FBI/CIA    Hunter Biden     Schiff / Whistleblower Ciaramella

Let's take a flamethrower to DC. 

That ought to amuse the rest of the world.           

Great post Bob D

1 hour ago, remake it said:

Mr Plant suggested addressing the arguments presented in this thread but you are just an echo in a chamberpot.

What is it you don't understand.

It will be dismissed in Senate .   .   .   in my opinion

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jabbar said:

What is it you don't understand.

It will be dismissed in Senate .   .   .   in my opinion

It may or may not be however at no time have you addressed important questions relating to why the process should lead to that "opinionated" outcome.