Tom Kirkman

Biden Says He’s Willing To Sacrifice Hundreds Of Thousands Of Blue-Collar Jobs In Oil And Gas

Biden is definitely NOT getting my vote.  This Climate Apocalypse scaremongering is getting more Kool Aid punch drunk by the day.  Rubbish.

Biden Says He’s Willing To Sacrifice Hundreds Of Thousands Of Blue-Collar Jobs In Oil And Gas

Former Vice President Joe Biden saidduring Thursday’s Democratic debate that he is willing to sacrifice hundreds of thousands of blue collar jobs in oil and gas in an effort to help fight climate change.

One of the moderators during Thursday’s debate asked Biden if he would “be willing to sacrifice some of” the growth that “three consecutive American presidents” have seen in the economy. This economic growth has occurred partly due to oil and gas production.

“The answer is yes,” Biden said, even after the moderator noted that the move could displace hundreds of thousands of jobs. “The answer is yes, because the opportunity, the opportunity for those workers to transition to high paying jobs, as Tom [Steyer] said, is real. We’re the only country that’s taken great crises and turned them into enormous opportunities.”

WATCH:

• Great Response! 2

Just now, Tom Kirkman said:

Biden is definitely NOT getting my vote.

Tom I'm loving these 'hold the front page' statements

All lack mental capacity and are playing to the few loud mouths over climate! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

playing to the green new dummies over climate or not, this idiot said he is fine having Americans be out of work....but I would like to know if he whined and moaned and had pity for those "poor government employees" briefly out of work during the temporary shutdown...

• Great Response! 4
  • Upvote 2

Well then maybe you should start asking for co2 free gas when you fill up at the gas station. 

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

One can only imagine the amount of jet fuel he has burned in the last 18 months and will burn till the election. We're not talking small change here, bet it's north 40kgallons. He needs tarred and feathered and run out of the Senate. He is one that needs be exposed.

• Like 4
  • Great Response! 1

7 minutes ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

He is one that needs be exposed.

Amen! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Keith boyd said:

Well then maybe you should start asking for co2 free gas when you fill up at the gas station. 

Or when he's having the jet fueled up? Cause those are SOOOO fuel efficicent!!

Only in America would you see someone running for office bragging about taking guns away and causing jobs to be lost, and these people are still in politics. Well, at least one of them was kind enough to actually tell us the actual plan and then drop out. Thank you O'Rourke. I do refuse to use his "nickname", he is almost as Hispanic as I am. It's an insult to the Hispanic community to call him Beto.....

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 7:23 PM, cbrasher1 said:

playing to the green new dummies over climate or not, this idiot said he is fine having Americans be out of work....but I would like to know if he whined and moaned and had pity for those "poor government employees" briefly out of work during the temporary shutdown...

Why would he care about that, it wasn't HIM that was out of work.....

9 hours ago, SERWIN said:

Thank you O'Rourke. I do refuse to use his "nickname", he is almost as Hispanic as I am. It's an insult to the Hispanic community to call him Beto.....

Only in Texas. An O’Rourke running around, speaking Spanish, implying Hispanic, and Cruz, a Cuban Canadian running around as a white guy. 

personally against this sort of identity politics, but this was funny. 

and Beto wasn’t a strong dem, Cruz is a punk ass, hateful, despised by his peers, but a Republican can’t lose statewide in Texas, yet. Californians still immigrating. 

build a wall

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, John Foote said:

build a wall

Better build 2 in case they sneak over the 1st 🙂

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Aha!  That's the wall that the President said Mexico would pay for: the one keeping California Lefty's out of Mexico!  They can pay for the rest of it later, I guess.

On 12/20/2019 at 2:24 PM, Tom Kirkman said:

“The answer is yes,” Biden said, even after the moderator noted that the move could displace hundreds of thousands of jobs. “The answer is yes, because the opportunity, the opportunity for those workers to transition to high paying jobs, as Tom [Steyer] said, is real. We’re the only country that’s taken great crises and turned them into enormous opportunities.”

I have a feeling this guy doesn't realize how much people make out in the oil field...

I've got guys without a high school diploma making solidly into the 6 figures. It's actually shocking - I can get some decent engineers for $80-120k (Not stellar and likely a bit under-experienced, but honestly decent and sufficient for what's needed), but a seriously competent superintendent (with no formal training mind you) that can keep his crew showing up and actually hit milestones won't touch under $200k/year. (That said - a superintendent that can make his crew hit milestones reliably is worth every penny...)

Where is this golden opportunity for middle America that pays more than that? Those that are hard working but for one reason or another couldn't get a 4 year degree? Because if that opportunity exists I'm sure these guys would take it over working hard 12+ hour days as hard as they do in the West Texas Winter cold and Summer heat... often away from their families.

Honestly - show me where we can get good, economy stimulating inexpensive energy, with better job opportunities for the workers and I'll happily let O&G die. You won't have to kill it, it'll die all on its own when a better solution comes up as workers and investors will all leave. But if you're having to put up hurdles and kill the industry, that's because it is the best alternative! In my experience these guys don't work like this because they want to - they do it because the opportunities it affords them and their families.

Ok, done with my rant.

@Tom Kirkman - to avoid getting to political I'll abstain for stating my position on the guy directly. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 3

12 hours ago, Otis11 said:

I have a feeling this guy doesn't realize how much people make out in the oil field...

I've got guys without a high school diploma making solidly into the 6 figures. It's actually shocking - I can get some decent engineers for $80-120k (Not stellar and likely a bit under-experienced, but honestly decent and sufficient for what's needed), but a seriously competent superintendent (with no formal training mind you) that can keep his crew showing up and actually hit milestones won't touch under $200k/year. (That said - a superintendent that can make his crew hit milestones reliably is worth every penny...)

Where is this golden opportunity for middle America that pays more than that? Those that are hard working but for one reason or another couldn't get a 4 year degree? Because if that opportunity exists I'm sure these guys would take it over working hard 12+ hour days as hard as they do in the West Texas Winter cold and Summer heat... often away from their families.

Honestly - show me where we can get good, economy stimulating inexpensive energy, with better job opportunities for the workers and I'll happily let O&G die. You won't have to kill it, it'll die all on its own when a better solution comes up as workers and investors will all leave. But if you're having to put up hurdles and kill the industry, that's because it is the best alternative! In my experience these guys don't work like this because they want to - they do it because the opportunities it affords them and their families.

Ok, done with my rant.

@Tom Kirkman - to avoid getting to political I'll abstain for stating my position on the guy directly. 🤣

Nailed it!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/24/2019 at 9:38 AM, Old-Ruffneck said:

They actually have sensors on them that detect someone going over, it alerts the police and tells them where the breach happened.... I personally think something along the line of a phalanx system would be a great deterrent, just mark a line and put up signs telling them anything crossing over the line gets tracked.....

17 minutes ago, SERWIN said:

I personally think something along the line of a phalanx system would be a great deterrent

Kinda hard on the deer, though.   Friends of Wildlife would have a fit!   

But we would help feed the officers out there, and it would be pre-ground up for burger.... And if those "friends" of wildlife think that that deer is their friend, they need to go out there and give them a big hug and tell them to stay back.....lmao

• Haha 1

Recall how well it went for HRC when she said: “We're going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business.”  Note to self: Putting workers out of jobs does not work when running for President 

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 2
  • Haha 1

Why are most people commenting on this site dinosaurs?

• Rolling Eye 1

On 12/25/2019 at 1:44 PM, Otis11 said:

Honestly - show me where we can get good, economy stimulating inexpensive energy, with better job opportunities for the workers and I'll happily let O&G die.

Your comment obliquely touches on a major factor in the success of an industrial economy:   a modern economy runs of cheap energy.  When you make that energy expensive, presumably in the hope of chasing some elusive dream of reverting back to a 1770's version of living with mule and plow, you wreck the industrial economy's underpinning.  Now, where do you find that cheap energy?  One place is the waterfall, where you can build a diversion sluice and a waterwheel  (or the later iteration, the power dam).  The other place, good for just about anywhere, is the nuclear power plant.  A nuke will give you all the super-cheap power you could possibly want, and if you want more, then simply bring another!

When nukes were first being developed for electric power generation, the crazies set on to a deliberate course of making them impossibly expensive, which they did by demanding massive containment domes and vast numbers of redundancy systems and special on-site police departments with certified officers and on-site fully staffed fire departments, it was just ridiculous.  To attempt to get past that, the power generators "went big," designing monster plants so that these overhead burdens would be spread out over lots of power units.  But then there was no modularity, each plant being a one-off, so there was no accumulated experience curve that would lower overall costs down to some insignificant level.  Keep in mind tht hydropower costs less than one-quarter of one cent to generate:  Churchill Falls power is sold to Hydro Quebec at 0.00245 cents/kwh, and Churchill Falls still makes a profit on that generation. 

Nukes will come back as small modular designs, of between 40 MW and 200 MW, and the marginal cost of power will be driven down to below $0.0025.  Once again, cheap power will become available, and the industrial economies will thrive.  And then all the workers, including the ones in the user plants as well as the generator plants, will enjoy the fruits of that cheap energy, in the form of better lives and higher pay. 

Will oil and gas go away?  Of course not.  Both have unique attributes that will keep them on the table forever. Cheers.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, willyr said:

Because 50 year old and older run the world, they do the smart work, they create the companies and the jobs, the control the levers of power, politics, banking, business, and religion.  The military is slightly younger due to retirement requirements, but the joint chiefs are dinosaurs too.  

All claims of stopping the world from burning every drop of oil and natural gas that they can get their hands on are the same as all claims of eliminating poverty or stopping illegal immigration.  They are sound bites for NON-dinosaurs to believe, because the dinosaurs know better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

A Czech egyptologist Bárta observed in one of his books that the same aspect that brings a civilization to a golden era later becomes its downfall. The western industrial civilization has indeed brought a rapid acceleration of scientific research and technological progress, but also aggressively killed off any alternatives, so that today's pundits can proclaim that it's "the only system that functions". The growth paradigm of capitalist competition (if you are not growing, you will be absorbed by those who do) has turned our society into worldwide infestation that growth through all the parts of the host planet we inhabit. This quarter's profit must surpass the last one's to be surpassed by the next. Why? There is no answer to that question, growth is simply the "Directive". 

From another point of view, our civilization is just a very efficient machine that turns resources into waste, faster and faster every year. Since we live in a world of limited resources and limited living space, it's clear that once all the resources are transformed into waste, the machine will cease to function, and people it supports will die. It was not always this way - old and often mocked systems were circular, and their waste was also a resource - dead bodies and plants became fertilizers for the fields, bones became tools, dead wood charcoal to fuel furnaces that produced meager tools that were not built with planned obsolescence in mind. 

Perhaps the "right to grow" we take for guaranteed is not sustainable, but indirect contradiction with the very laws of physics. 

In any case, if somebody's work is to cut the branch we are all sitting on, I won't mourn his loss of his job. 

14 hours ago, willyr said:

If it were not sir, then the forum would quite possibly only consist of moronic comments like yours? That's just my hunch. I am basing that on the fact that the above is your very first post here, and quite possibly encompasses your wisdom and humour in its totality? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3