Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ff

Guilty until proven Innocent?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/chinese-tech-giant-huawei-helps-to-persecute-uighurs-7dfcb56nw

UK members of Parliament are alleging Huawei persecutes Uiguyrs and has developed a monitoring system to enable persecution.

Persecution? Where's the proof? This is yet another reprehensible propaganda attempt to demonise China. Allegations without proof are simply lies, and the propagation of lies frequently is the famous Nazi technique to make people believe. 

Of course nobody here would hold anybody guilty until proven innocent, such as Assange, in the 'great' United Kingdom. Or would they?

(edited)

On 12/26/2019 at 3:23 AM, frankfurter said:

nobody here would hold anybody guilty until proven innocent, such as Assange, in the 'great' United Kingdom. 

I hear you, but come on, the 'great' bit is unnecessary. It comes across as sarcastic ...

Edited by Guest

Well, Germany will accept them building 5G, that matters. Nord Stream helped a little as well as latest events in Middle East.  Weaker countries like Germany get most for their interests while hedging, here with Russia and China against US influence.

Decision will be announced later, they want to test networks that are actually being built, it does not have much sense to test only equipment and designs. 

US lobbying would have been succesful, before Germany was united around the issue of energy sovereignty. Next countries it would be purely political decisions, the Netherlands, Denmark would decide like Germany. The same Switzerland and Austria. Eastern Europe will ne against, apart from Hungary.

This is gold Marcin, I will wait until you realise ...

4 hours ago, DayTrader said:

I hear you, but come on, the 'great' bit is unnecessary. It comes across as sarcastic ...

Maybe he meant 'Great' Britain

Maybe ‘he’ has absolutely no idea what he meant...

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, DayTrader said:

This is gold Marcin, I will wait until you realise ...

I agree you should be long gold, especially on 8th Jan when Suleimani funeral ends and Iranians will get back to business. You should also watch todays session of Iraqi parliament, if they vote US military out, buy gold immediately.

China is the largest market for German products by large margin (German exports to US are still higher 134 billion in 2018, vs China&Hong Kong 115 billion, but sales of German products made in China are uberimportant).

Last year German companies sold 1.3 million cars in United States and also 5.3 million cars in China. Of course luxury brands have much higher share in US but still Chinese are just poor but fast getting rich nation. The opportunities are simply infinite. German cars are still gaining market share.

Without Chinese market Trump threats relating to tariffs on German car exports would have 10 times more leverage, banning Huawei would be so stupid for Germany that it is impossible. German government agencies & Huawei made huge effort to show German public opinion that Huawei is under strictest safety standards possible and indispensable to German technology future.

Germany is afraid of Russia many times more than China, but they buy oil and natural gas from them for 60+ years. They were buying during Cuban crisis and worst times of Cold War, simply spice must flow. It actually gives Germany leverage over Russia too.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

@DayTrader buy gold now, they just voted 40 minutes ago US out, US media not showing this yet as spin preparations underway, or are just waiting till US will bomb this parliament, cause they are now also all terrorists by definition.

Edited by Marcin
typo

(edited)

1 hour ago, Marcin said:

@DayTrader buy gold now, they just voted 40 minutes ago US out, US media not showing this yet as spin preparations underway, or are just waiting till US will bomb this parliament, cause they are now also all terrorists by definition.

This is just a throwback to gunboat diplomacy of the previous century.  Instead of say, opium, the prize is now oil.  European nations got tired of aggression after the carnage of two world wars.  The US is the only Western country still continuing this practice today.

I just got back from a holiday to Shanghai where I visited a museum, so this is fresh in my mind.  Incidentally, the previous time I visited Shanghai (to conduct a seminar) was in 1994, and the place is now totally different.

Edited by Hotone
  • Upvote 1

On 12/25/2019 at 10:23 PM, frankfurter said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/chinese-tech-giant-huawei-helps-to-persecute-uighurs-7dfcb56nw

UK members of Parliament are alleging Huawei persecutes Uiguyrs and has developed a monitoring system to enable persecution.

Persecution? Where's the proof? This is yet another reprehensible propaganda attempt to demonise China. Allegations without proof are simply lies, and the propagation of lies frequently is the famous Nazi technique to make people believe. 

Of course nobody here would hold anybody guilty until proven innocent, such as Assange, in the 'great' United Kingdom. Or would they?

China is not being demonized, the actual demon, the CCP needs no help in the matter. Huawei, as an agent of the CCP, would be doing what it is paid for, as the CCP expects all Chinese companies to do. 

Quite frankly, I don't know why anybody buys Chinese made equipment with communications capability. Probably all of it has back doors to enable spying on the user. Perhaps Apple HP and such can test what is made for them, but I doubt anything is bug proof. 

I do not view the CCP to have any more of a relationship to China than the Mongol emperor's court did. Demonizing the Chinese communist party and its leaders and followers, executioners and torturers, eavesdroppers and technological enablers reflects not at all on the Chinese at large. Only on the politburo puppetmasters who control them. 

19 hours ago, Marcin said:

That is a deranged claim. Put it under your bot's feed.

19 hours ago, Marcin said:

I agree you should be long gold, especially on 8th Jan when Suleimani funeral ends and Iranians will get back to business. You should also watch todays session of Iraqi parliament, if they vote US military out, buy gold immediately.

China is the largest market for German products by large margin (German exports to US are still higher 134 billion in 2018, vs China&Hong Kong 115 billion, but sales of German products made in China are uberimportant).

Last year German companies sold 1.3 million cars in United States and also 5.3 million cars in China. Of course luxury brands have much higher share in US but still Chinese are just poor but fast getting rich nation. The opportunities are simply infinite. German cars are still gaining market share.

Without Chinese market Trump threats relating to tariffs on German car exports would have 10 times more leverage, banning Huawei would be so stupid for Germany that it is impossible. German government agencies & Huawei made huge effort to show German public opinion that Huawei is under strictest safety standards possible and indispensable to German technology future.

Germany is afraid of Russia many times more than China, but they buy oil and natural gas from them for 60+ years. They were buying during Cuban crisis and worst times of Cold War, simply spice must flow. It actually gives Germany leverage over Russia too.

I think China is going to have some economic trouble as its demography keels over. Already, the current generation of incoming workers is just above half the size of its predecessor of the 2010 period. Car sales in China are likely to continually shrink till the end of history. While Chinese car sales were typically first cars, they now have a large enough stock of cars to have a large portion of demand satisfied with used cars. Now sales are for replacements. A much lower rate.