MS

Iraqi uprising against US military presence is increasing. Are geopolitical interests justification good enough for waging war against Iraqi nation on Iraqi soil ?

8 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

Can you do better than just making the claim?  

Yes, it's called years of study and it does not fit into this forum, but your other points are off the mark as the Kurds have many times been denied a "homeland."  A consequence has been a strange combination of bedfellows and a litany of letdowns. 

On 1/4/2020 at 7:06 PM, remake it said:

@Marcin it is because they - Americans - have never experienced war on their soil in recent generations as many others here have through their family connections, eg those who have exposed their European heritage, and literally do not understand the potentially dire consequences of Trump's foolishness.

Well, there are tens of millions of veterans and practically everyone in the US knows at least one personally that was deployed in a real operation . There is little delusion as to what war looks like. That is if they are not "liberals" who would rather not see them.

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, remake it said:

Yes, it's called years of study and it does not fit into this forum, but your other points are off the mark as the Kurds have many times been denied a "homeland."  A consequence has been a strange combination of bedfellows and a litany of letdowns. 

Till the fall of the Ottoman empire they had no problem being themselves in their territory without a unifying government of their own. Once it was carved up into several states that were not their own, they did have a problem. So they did develop an independence movement. I don't understand why you don't explain yourself, have Marcin or Papi write it for you.

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

Well, there are tens of millions of veterans and practically everyone in the US knows at least one personally that was deployed in a real operation . There is little delusion as to what war looks like. That is if they are not "liberals" who would rather not see them.

Americans solders and vets never ever experienced war with war force equal or better armed.  
Was Vietnam a bad lesson? A trillion budget army fighting with Saddam army. That is americans great and real operation. You can make only inteligence secret operation with Blackwaters service backed you with toilets and bars in desert. Lol. Brave americans, a Holywood action 3D fighters. Yep.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, remake it said:

If you do not understand the problems that arise, then the rest of your comments will make perfect sense to you.

As I said, except for angering China, what is to prevent basing embassies in Taiwan? Yes, problems will arise, but theoretically there is no international law preventing it. By recognizing Taiwan you are not ignoring China, you are simply ignoring a mandate without foundation.

So yes, this makes perfect sense to me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

6 hours ago, 0R0 said:

I don't understand why you don't explain yourself, have Marcin or Papi write it for you.

So you believe this stuff too and STILL chat with him constantly? This place gets weirder and weirder everyday LOL. 

Edited by Guest

13 hours ago, Papillon said:

The sentence Mr Kirkman complimented actually is one sentence sir, plus it has no punctuation, but other than those small details it is a valid point.

I wasn't going by the quoted bit, but the entire post. You knew that obviously, but couldn't resist a bit more pedantry. I thought you were going to ignore me, couldn't stay away? 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

So you believe this stuff too and STILL chat with him constantly? This place gets weirder and weirder everyday LOL. 

Dude, you still don't Grok it do you? 

A bot can't read nor understand in the manner we can. If it runs strictly on autopilot it will eventually be "speaking" pure gibberish. Hence as a software construct, it has handlers who are the ones actually reading the replies to their little darling. They're also quite often now doing its replies. Hence we aren't conversing with a bot, but through it to the operators who are not only human but who I've outed. 

I'll give you a little exercise. Type a reply to me, run it through Google Translate into the language of your choice, then run that back into English. The longer the reply the better. Notice how it "sounds" then? Notice how similar to remake it posts? Realize Google Translate is merely a very powerful AI construct within the translation domain. It doesn't understand meaning but it does understand rules. 

• Great Response! 1

LOL ok fine, but what I don't ''grok'' more is that you still all speak to him everyday despite believing this. Tom says all the time bots ain't going anywhere, so block them as you see them. If they ain't going anywhere, and will just keep coming like Terminator as Tom says, then that ain't gonna change is it? What CAN change is you talking to it in the first place.

''Grok'' that ;) (whatever that means).

18 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

LOL ok fine, but what I don't ''grok'' more is that you still all speak to him everyday despite believing this. Tom says all the time bots ain't going anywhere, so block them as you see them. If they ain't going anywhere, and will just keep coming like Terminator as Tom says, then that ain't gonna change is it? What CAN change is you talking to it in the first place.

''Grok'' that ;) (whatever that means).

Grok

I read "Stranger in a Strange Land" when I was 8. You should be old enough to grok it by now. 

True but I prefer English in general, otherwise before you know it I'll be saying sidewalk and color and whiskey and all kinds of butchery. 

1 hour ago, Ward Smith said:

Dude, you still don't Grok it do you? 

Isn't it time you tried to post on-topic instead of thinking you know things when you do not. 

8 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

As I said, except for angering China, what is to prevent basing embassies in Taiwan? Yes, problems will arise, but theoretically there is no international law preventing it. By recognizing Taiwan you are not ignoring China, you are simply ignoring a mandate without foundation.

Our world tries to protect itself from anarchy and disharmony through international conventions and the reasonable behavior of its constituents.  Your ideas entail "provocation" and "alignment" and do the very opposite.

10 minutes ago, remake it said:

Isn't it time you tried to post on-topic instead of thinking you know things when you do not. 

Our world tries to protect itself from anarchy and disharmony through international conventions and the reasonable behavior of its constituents.  Your ideas entail "provocation" and "alignment" and do the very opposite.

Congrats to you and your handlers for finally managing the period and comma. Or have I simply pierced the veil and am now addressing the "handler" directly? 

Regardless Iraqi  refers to a people, not a country. The designation Iraq was created when and by whom? The imaginary borders drawn on a map were drawn by? Therefore, in context, what does Iraqi mean in the title of this thread? 

You're up buckwheat

38 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Regardless Iraqi  refers to a people, not a country. The designation Iraq was created when and by whom? The imaginary borders drawn on a map were drawn by? Therefore, in context, what does Iraqi mean in the title of this thread? 

Create a new thread for your wearisome word games if it amuses you, especially as you are convinced of your superiority here and all the while appear to be conversing with a bot.

• Great Response! 1

27 minutes ago, remake it said:

Create a new thread for your wearisome word games if it amuses you, especially as you are convinced of your superiority here and all the while appear to be conversing with a bot.

I suspect Ward applied his own bot test to himself and he tested bot-positive.

There is not much more you can do with such diagnosis but to speak with all suspected bots as with humans, cause there is probability that test is wrong and this has far reaching consequences. 

For example lady from your local grocery as well as postman, you suspect them, but you cannot speak openly with your neighbours about it.

Being bot-positive you cannot go to doctor with your illness, well you can, but cause not much is known how contagious it is you can be locked for a long time.

Anyhow I do not advice GP visit.

• Haha 2

Haha I have competition in the sarcasm award ... 

2 hours ago, remake it said:

In other words, you failed. Asked simple questions to establish historical context and you've got… nothing. But congrats again on adding a comma to your repertoire. 

My superiority is established by word and deed, and I've posterized Marcin and Papillion with slam dunks, repeatedly. Their thin veneers of civility disappear while defending you. Apparently they feel their baby can't defend itself. You can't, but that's another story. 

50 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

My superiority is established by word and deed

😂  Easy mate, soon you may not get your head out of your own front door  ;) 

Only I am allowed this these kinda superiority levels due to nationality, I think we can all agree on that? You will all try not to agree but we all know you will be lying. 

I see you are still talking to Remake by the way? 🤣  ... but that's another story.

Ward Smith made it quite clear he is not talking to a Bot. 

Ward Wrote...

A bot can't read nor understand in the manner we can. If it runs strictly on autopilot it will eventually be "speaking" pure gibberish. Hence as a software construct, it has handlers who are the ones actually reading the replies to their little darling. They're also quite often now doing its replies. Hence we aren't conversing with a bot, but through it to the operators who are not only human but who I've outed. 

• Great Response! 1

(edited)

That to me? I said Remake, not 'bot'. 

Are you Ward's pet or handler? You need to control him better, he's still under the impression American is a language and coming out with all sorts of nonsense, but luckily I can just about 'grok' it. Google translate is rather handy.

You seem to give each other trophies? Ward has just given you one for quoting him? That was all you did LOL.

BOT ALERT

Edited by Guest

28 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

😂  Easy mate, soon you may not get your head out of your own front door  ;) 

Only I am allowed this these kinda superiority levels due to nationality, I think we can all agree on that? You will all try not to agree but we all know you will be lying. 

I see you are still talking to Remake by the way? 🤣  ... but that's another story.

I'm Irish, so naturally superior to every Englishman alive or dead. 

The only reason Ireland don't rule the world? 

Whiskey 

But really, which is better? ;)

(edited)

You're Irish and can't spell whisky properly? I'm dubious already.

Which is better?!! Really? 

Serious questions only please.

And I barely consider that a question.

Edited by Guest

It's my birthday by the way now, have a whisky for me, gave that shit up years ago 

10 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

I'm Irish, so naturally superior to every Englishman alive or dead. 

The only reason Ireland don't rule the world? 

Whiskey 

But really, which is better? ;)

Ok, Ward I discovered 1 feature of remake it that convinced me that he is not a typical user like you and me, I will not tell what, cause want to look at this in more detail, and i am only like 90% sure.

Sorry if I insulted you by making jokes out of what I perceived as obsession. If you would not have been so ,i do not how to tell it in English, stubborn in your views I would not have discovered this little difference.