Tom Kirkman

This is how the US military is protecting the Strait of Hormuz

On 1/2/2020 at 4:38 PM, Rob Plant said:

Papillon this link gives an idea on estimated oil reserves for the top 8 countries.

As you can see the world isnt going to run out of oil anytime soon!

https://www.spglobal.com/platts/en/market-insights/latest-news/oil/061219-saudi-arabias-oil-reserves-jump-30-billion-barrels-after-data-review-bp

Thankyou sir, very informative indeed.

1 hour ago, Rob Plant said:

All the salient points nailed!

Its fair to say your interpretation of the events and subsequent questions are spot on, unless you believe the grandsons of Laurel and hardy committed the murder.

Or, they get away doing this at home and never even think about consequences.  Their neighbors look/act like them right?  So, feels like home in their neighborhood whom they all "think" act just like them...

3 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

All the salient points nailed!

Its fair to say your interpretation of the events and subsequent questions are spot on, unless you believe the grandsons of Laurel and hardy committed the murder.

To believe Mr Buckman's conspiratorial story you will need to assume that Jamal Khashoggi is Harry Hounini reincarnate and was able to go into an embassy and disappear forever.

• Haha 1

On 1/2/2020 at 4:38 PM, Rob Plant said:

Papillon this link gives an idea on estimated oil reserves for the top 8 countries.

As you can see the world isnt going to run out of oil anytime soon!

https://www.spglobal.com/platts/en/market-insights/latest-news/oil/061219-saudi-arabias-oil-reserves-jump-30-billion-barrels-after-data-review-bp

Amazing how KSA's reserves have gone up by 60bn barrels without having actually discovered any more oil of significance. 

Is this a recovery recalc? 

• Like 1

(edited)

On 1/2/2020 at 12:45 PM, Marcin said:

1. Yes, per  BP Energy Stat report we have oil for 50 years of 2018 output.

OECD consumption is flat in recent decade but non-OECD consumption is increasing +3.0% a year.

With this increase in non-OECD consumption and thus increase in future output to meet this demand the reserves are only for 36 years.

2. We need to understand what SOON means, what are individual and collective TIME HORIZONS.

I am 43, so in 50 years I would be dead or in dementia, oil scarsity not my problem, so oil is INFINITE resource for me.

With future output modelled with increase in future non-OECD demand, and thus 36 years of reserves the things seem different but not much.

For baby born in 2020, lack of oil in 36 years would be serious problem.

These were individual horizons.

(Of course when we say lack of oil, we mean lack of cheap oil, oil at say 200-300 USD per barrel, will be available for much longer, additional 50 years or so, till we have enough coal for coal-to-liquids processes.)

Now for country horizons.

When you plan the future of the country, physical infrastructure, transport infrastructure the time horizon is longer 70-100 years.

Now will give some examples:

a)It is not only propaganda when Chinese authorities are speaking every tenth sentence about the matra: "We need this or that to decrease reliance on imported energy resources" (oil and natural gas). They somehow know how to count to 50 or even 51.

One of major reasons for high-speed rail is to find alternatives for airplanes when jet fuel will be prohibitively expensive.

Now it is much easier and cheaper to built it,  and to reserve transport corridors.

b) US scenario. US prefers to spent outrageous money on military and is not preparing for the times when oil will be scarse. Their strategy is to control oil rich countries and probably try to grab last drops by force. Not wise in my opinion, but it is their trillions they spent on military and not on hydrocarbons saving domestic programs. So US 330 million people, consume 1,600 million tons of oil equivalent a year.

How US will cope with oil at 200-300 per barrel, majority produced domestically from dirty CtL technologies in 30 years ?

I really do not know.

Change of physical infrstructure, urban sprawl, people habits will take at least 2 generations and US has only 30 years.

c) Mandatory limits on fuel efficiency of cars, introduced for example in China.

It is ignorant to think that America and every other nation will not have the common sense to turn to natural gas vehicles when the price of oil gets too high. The entire ICE fleet of the world is quite amenable to conversion. I have been trying to inform community members on this site for a couple of years, but this obvious fact is just overlooked by most. Conversion is a long proven technology going back to WW! when gas bags were used on top of vehicles. 

Once again, here is the basic information:

How to convert vehicles to natural gas. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jbs_ljRvSCU7RN4kgoc--D5JPOY49Q6q4IdCL6lAhBc/edit

Natural Gas Vehicles https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_gas_vehicle

Edited by ronwagn
added reference
  • Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 9:21 AM, Papillon said:

Thankyou also for the picture that American companies will all say and do whatever China apparently wish. I'm not entirely sure what point you are trying to prove with that? I guess that you have no morals in various American industries where there is money is to be made? Good point, I agree. Odd that you admit it so blatantly as an American but thankyou I guess.

Further proof that corporations are out to do only one thing. Making money at all costs. I have rid myself of TV in my home, I refuse to support the media in any form now. If you have cable or a satellite, a part of your money goes to them, like it or not. I don't like it so I dropped all that crap about 3 years ago now. I rarely see movies anymore, the actors have become so moronic anymore I won't give my money to them either. CNN, NBC, ABC, and Disney can kiss my hairy white aZZ now. We could all get together and shut these people down, but we don't. Can't get enough unity to achieve any goals anymore.

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 2

(edited)

Me too mate, haven't watched English TV or had a TV licence for years, it's all crap, even the news ffs. I am so off the grid haha, I love it, more so when I played poker for a living, not even on the tax record nationally LOL.

I watch foreign films sometimes on Netflix, that's all I have as the 'guy gets girl / guy saves the world / isn't America the best / wooh go America' shite got boring when I was, errr, about 8. Korean films for example always have a crazy twist and are generally different.

So yeah, you are not alone. It's people like Tom we need to convert as he watches TV non stop and donates to CNN for its quality. 

Edited by Guest

57 minutes ago, SERWIN said:

I have rid myself of TV in my home, I refuse to support the media in any form now. If you have cable or a satellite, a part of your money goes to them, like it or not. I don't like it so I dropped all that crap about 3 years ago now. I rarely see movies anymore, the actors have become so moronic anymore I won't give my money to them either. CNN, NBC, ABC, and Disney can kiss my hairy white aZZ now. We could all get together and shut these people down, but we don't. Can't get enough unity to achieve any goals anymore.

46 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Me too mate, haven't watched English TV or had a TV licence for years, it's all crap, even the news ffs.

.... So yeah, you are not alone. It's people like Tom we need to convert as he watches TV non stop and donates to CNN for its quality. 

7326e4e95cf613782eee8efb3f9f8db058cc0bc7c01210b2c2a860e6efccd349.png.d3eeef6f176c7576944b38d17df25485.png

b7449e22c73d7cc175d016656b187b6c4dd4f926128372a2ccd94319007f8d57.jpeg.f2a2f97044632f950fc6ce17b50d4c4e.jpeg

• Like 2

That appears to be way too much physical effort for my liking sir, by the time I got to stage two they would be in an awful state. Turning off the television is a much simpler solution, and not having one at all will be even quicker, and avoid any unnecessary movement. 

• Haha 3