Saudi Arabia is really playing a devastating role against Iran. 

Trump killed Iranian commander to escape from impeachment - what I believe. 

But if Iran responds anything, then it will turn to mess in middle east and it will effect on Iranian oil supply.

• Upvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

2 hours ago, Dr.Masih Rezvani said:

Nope, Trump already publicly told Democrats to bring on the impeachment, he wan't a proper trial in Senate as per the Constitution.  

This is not a redux of Clinton wag the dog.  Trump is guilty of nothing.

Just my opinion.

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

2014 article in New York Post

The shadowy Iranian spy chief who helped plan Benghazi

2-photosbenghazi.thumb.jpg.5c494ca8b90329b9e5444c91178e83a3.jpg

According to the book "Dark Forces," Major Gen. Qassem Suleymani (right) was the powerful figure behind the 2012 attack on the US Consulate in Benghazi, Libya (left).EPA/Ay-Collection/Rex USA

As a radical Islamic army marches across Iraq, America is making a deal with the devil. Qassem Suleymani, the head of Iran’s secretive Quds Force, is allied with us in Baghdad — but he’s plotted to kill Americans elsewhere.

As Kenneth R. Timmerman reveals in his new book, “Dark Forces,” Suleymani was even the shadowy figure behind the killing of Ambassador Christopher Stevens in Benghazi, Libya.

He’s the Wizard of Oz of Iranian terror, the most dreaded and most effective terrorist alive.

He is Qassem Suleymani, the head of the Quds Force, an organization that acts as a combination CIA and Green Berets for Iran, and a man who has orchestrated a campaign of chaos against the United States around the world.

Today, the Obama Administration has allied itself with Suleymani to fight the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

In this case, Iran’s goals — a Shi’ite-friendly government in Iraq — coincides with America’s hope that the country doesn’t fall apart.

But don’t be fooled: It’s only a partnership of convenience, and one that won’t last.

“Iran wants chaos. They want to generate anti-American anger, radicalize the rebels, and maintain a climate of war,” a former Iranian intelligence chief for Western Europe told me. “They are very serious about this. They want to damage the reputation of the United States as a freedom-loving country in the eyes of the Arabs.”

Suleymani has orchestrated attacks in everywhere from Lebanon to Thailand. The US Department of Justice accuses him of trying to hire a Mexican drug cartel to blow up the Saudi Ambassador to the United States while he was in Washington, DC.

My sources, meanwhile, say Suleymani was involved in an even more direct attack on the US — the killing of Ambassador Christopher Stevens in Benghazi, Libya.  ...

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dr.Masih Rezvani said:

Conspiracy theories reach a new level.

55 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Conspiracy theories reach a new level.

o4jzujoaqn841.thumb.jpg.ec0b6f52953385c7cd19f0c57598698d.jpg

• Haha 3

(edited)

3 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

2014 article in New York Post

The shadowy Iranian spy chief who helped plan Benghazi

2-photosbenghazi.thumb.jpg.5c494ca8b90329b9e5444c91178e83a3.jpg

According to the book "Dark Forces," Major Gen. Qassem Suleymani (right) was the powerful figure behind the 2012 attack on the US Consulate in Benghazi, Libya (left).EPA/Ay-Collection/Rex USA

As a radical Islamic army marches across Iraq, America is making a deal with the devil. Qassem Suleymani, the head of Iran’s secretive Quds Force, is allied with us in Baghdad — but he’s plotted to kill Americans elsewhere.

As Kenneth R. Timmerman reveals in his new book, “Dark Forces,” Suleymani was even the shadowy figure behind the killing of Ambassador Christopher Stevens in Benghazi, Libya.

He’s the Wizard of Oz of Iranian terror, the most dreaded and most effective terrorist alive.

He is Qassem Suleymani, the head of the Quds Force, an organization that acts as a combination CIA and Green Berets for Iran, and a man who has orchestrated a campaign of chaos against the United States around the world.

Today, the Obama Administration has allied itself with Suleymani to fight the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

In this case, Iran’s goals — a Shi’ite-friendly government in Iraq — coincides with America’s hope that the country doesn’t fall apart.

But don’t be fooled: It’s only a partnership of convenience, and one that won’t last.

“Iran wants chaos. They want to generate anti-American anger, radicalize the rebels, and maintain a climate of war,” a former Iranian intelligence chief for Western Europe told me. “They are very serious about this. They want to damage the reputation of the United States as a freedom-loving country in the eyes of the Arabs.”

Suleymani has orchestrated attacks in everywhere from Lebanon to Thailand. The US Department of Justice accuses him of trying to hire a Mexican drug cartel to blow up the Saudi Ambassador to the United States while he was in Washington, DC.

My sources, meanwhile, say Suleymani was involved in an even more direct attack on the US — the killing of Ambassador Christopher Stevens in Benghazi, Libya.  ...

Hmm, Christopher Stevens, CIA operative, was killed by a Sunni mob.  I find it hard to believe a Shia general can command the Sunnis. 

Iregardless of whether Suleymani did orchestrate attacks, his targets were not innocent civilians so I doubt you can classify his actions as terrorism.  Besides he is a high ranking government military official.  American military officials regularly plot killings - can they be murdered by another country, and the event not considered an act of war?

Edited by Hotone
Clarity
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Dr.Masih Rezvani said:

Saudi Arabia is really playing a devastating role against Iran. 

But if Iran responds anything, then it will turn to mess in middle east and it will effect on Iranian oil supply.

Trump has already been impeached. It’s history, it’s in the bank. The Senate will write its own part of history. Then the election will weigh in we will all see if the impeachment will lead to a new president. 
Iran is a popular enemy and the American people have a long history of the willingness to punish these types of enemies. But do not mistake that willingness for long wars with more large expenditures in treasure and military lives. 
But sending in stealth bombers taking out military/nuke targets? They would go for that.

To cut to the chase in reality if this episode doesn’t escalate to an eventual strike from the US on sovereign Iranian soil then nothing will. So how much face saving will Iran afford. IMO if this doesn’t escalate then nothing will it’s all bang bang and blah blah...

• Great Response! 1

45 minutes ago, James Regan said:

To cut to the chase in reality if this episode doesn’t escalate to an eventual strike from the US on sovereign Iranian soil then nothing will. So how much face saving will Iran afford. IMO if this doesn’t escalate then nothing will it’s all bang bang and blah blah...

Online Flight Tracking Provides A Look At The US Build Up In Middle East Following the Attack on US Embassy In Iraq

Here’s everything we know about the deployment that followed the attack on the US embassy in Baghdad which involved at least 30 aircraft (that could be tracked online via ADS-B).  ...

• Great Response! 2

33 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Online Flight Tracking Provides A Look At The US Build Up In Middle East Following the Attack on US Embassy In Iraq

Here’s everything we know about the deployment that followed the attack on the US embassy in Baghdad which involved at least 30 aircraft (that could be tracked online via ADS-B).  ...

Some interesting people doing interesting work out there 👍🏻👍🏻😎

• Haha 1

(edited)

There is one less serious bad guy on the planet. Will this fundamentally help the USA's position in the Middle East is the real question? Personally I really doubt it. Just another embrace an Uncle Remus tar baby. Bush43's Iraq invasion blowback continues as we keep doubling down. 

Any hearts and minds campaign to win over the region failed miserably a long time ago. Israel and KSA might feel better, but pretty everyone else in the region is sleeping slightly worse.

In the short run I worry for the folks who work in Iraq, and I don't mean the soldiers so much though I always fear for soldiers when politicians and generals are involved. 

There has been very good money in the oil services business in Iraq. KSA/Aramco pays well, but last I looked, you could triple that check working in Iraq though the lifestyle was absolute crap, work, sleep, live in a micro-bubble surrounded by rent-a-soldiers. Those folks are an easier target than US military. The dumb thing to do is attack US military. The smarter thing, draw them out by attacking American investments. If this escalates past low level asymmetric warfare, we'll get that $100 barrel again. We can't frack another 4 million a day overnight.

Edited by John Foote
missing words.
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

What we think about Suleimani is of no particular importance.

Iraqi think he is a war hero as he allegedly ( I do not know Middle East history I just read this at al jazeera and cnn) saved Baghdad when ISIS was on the outskirts of the city.
 It was around 2014, so after 2003 when US troops are in Iraq to protect the country. But US military the strongest in the world was not able to succesfully fight ISIS, but these militias which Suleimani was part of or organized them (by al jazeera) was able to protect Iraqi capital and later some other Iraqi city of Mosul.

I do not know whether this is truth but this is what Iraqi think at least per recent media information. If anybody has any info please give a link. If this is really true we are f**ked, Iraqi will hate US & NATO.

2 hours ago, Dr.Masih Rezvani said:

What’s the history between US and Iran

There's a question.

3 hours ago, Dr.Masih Rezvani said:

What’s the history between US and Iran

Technically, when Iranian "students" attacked the embassy in Tehran they were attacking US soil. The fiction that they were "students" and the government wasn't complicit was allowed to continue to this day in some circles. But there are others, including good men and women abused in that incarceration who would never agree with that assessment. 

But as long as we're looking at history, we can take it back to the mid 1950's and the overthrow of a duly elected sovereign, no doubt at least tacitly supported by the CIA and others. The Shah was no saint, but neither are all the other leaders in that neck of the woods. 

Would things have gone better, or merely different if Iran had nationalised its oil industry sooner? Given how other countries played the same game, I'm going with merely different. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Technically, when Iranian "students" attacked the embassy in Tehran they were attacking US soil. The fiction that they were "students" and the government wasn't complicit was allowed to continue to this day in some circles.

It was mostly idiot students and amateurs at first though the government was more than complicit. Good buddy in the 1st SOW out of Hurlburt on the failed rescue mission. We used relative amateurs fto pilot our helicopters, should have used 1st SOW instead of Marines pilots not specialized in such missions but every service needed a piece of the pie and we got the fiasco in the desert. Within hours the Iranian government then stepped in, pushed out the students, and had pros in the embassy, the window of opportunity closed. My favorite Iranian misstep, we left a MC-130 loaded with our best toys in the desert. Russians were off to strip it for technology, but the Iranians in an act of stupid defiance bombed it, with, yup, F4s we sold them. Allegedly they killed a few Russians in the process of bombing the MC-130.

The USA history in Iran is a mess. If the Shah had run a better government things would have been different. The Shah's crackdowns and police forces pretty much eradicated traditional and moderate opposition, the folks who might have run things well, and of course the Shia Ayatollahs and religion extremism filled the void. The history of Persia is quite a bit different than most of the Arab world. No way to know how it would have turned out, but it's not a tribal culture like the Arab countries. 

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/01/03/tucker-carlson-washington-wanted-war-iran-decades/

It's counter-intuitive, but we might have handed the hardliners in Iran a gift, and good luck hoping this helps the moderates in the region. I do think Trump absolutely had the right to order it. But I think he was a fool to do so. Get the F out. 

9 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

VP Mike Pence is stating some interesting facts about the terrorist, Soleimani.

https://twitter.com/Mike_Pence/status/1213189745821540353

739a687bc6d499f43d7bf15a975f80096f671eef478e8e733c66bf4f23f9ef7b.thumb.png.23ff50e29d2baf67915fc186d7a428b1.png

5e8947cef79a2211e6ae38ef3c9c37115739f01e7f3ece3a1a359a0a4d557461.thumb.png.1c77ebb0347bae0ed7aa1087d86c2709.png

Also, 

e5da90dbeb2bf4f7abb7ebb65f8358e0387ca7534df3c869bcb79f9ac03ccdff.png.b1dc657835fde8923410a721d2918be6.png

https://twitter.com/TomFitton/status/1213284759708852224

Also, flashback to 2015

ClipboardImage.thumb.png.7acefc94937c4f030a7189ceebaee775.png

https://twitter.com/CommunismKiIIs/status/1213271424745529344

#1 terrorist is the world is the usa. Killed more ppl than Bible lmao!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Marcin said:

What we think about Suleimani is of no particular importance.

Iraqi think he is a war hero as he allegedly ( I do not know Middle East history I just read this at al jazeera and cnn) saved Baghdad when ISIS was on the outskirts of the city.
 It was around 2014, so after 2003 when US troops are in Iraq to protect the country. But US military the strongest in the world was not able to succesfully fight ISIS, but these militias which Suleimani was part of or organized them (by al jazeera) was able to protect Iraqi capital and later some other Iraqi city of Mosul.

I do not know whether this is truth but this is what Iraqi think at least per recent media information. If anybody has any info please give a link. If this is really true we are f**ked, Iraqi will hate US & NATO.

US troops are in Iraq to protect the country - wat? Invaded the country = to protect? ISIS was the creation of the usa, who supported and armed them until Qassem and Russians finally ended it. 

• Upvote 1

Everyone says that Iran would be crazy to take out the oil assets like the refineries of Saudi Arabia. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that what they just did? Then people say it was fixed lickity split so let them do it again. Huh? If they really take out the oil assets where they're off line for months, America would take out Iran's, and then Iraq would take out Iraq's. That would take 20 mbpd off line. The price of oil would do a moonshot. China and India would come in and take over Iran and Iraq's oil assets and help them rebuild. America would not be able to attack then. This is about diviying up the last of the cheap oil. China and India get Iran and Iraq. America and Europe get Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE etc. That division has to happen now because American LTO will peak in March, if not sooner, and begin a terminal decline. There is no pre-source rock. The last time we did something like this was when we took out Admiral Yamamoto during World War 2. 1943. The architect of the Pearl Harbor attack. Shot him out of the sky. During a world war. 

But it is an important new leg of Iran’s path through Iraq to Syria, and what it carries — Shiite militiamen, Iranian delegations, trade goods and military supplies — is its most valuable feature.

It is a piece of what analysts and Iranian officials say is Iran’s most pressing ambition: to exploit the chaos of the region to project influence across Iraq and beyond. Eventually, analysts say, Iran could use the corridor, established on the ground through militias under its control, to ship weapons and supplies to proxies in Syria, where Iran is an important backer of Mr. Assad, and to Lebanon and its ally Hezbollah.

At the border to the east is a new crossing built and secured by Iran. Like the relationship between the two countries, it is lopsided.

The checkpoint’s daily traffic includes up to 200 Iranian trucks, carrying fruit and yogurt, concrete and bricks, into Iraq. In the offices of Iraqi border guards, the candies and soda offered to guests come from Iran.

No loaded trucks go the other way.

“Iraq doesn’t have anything to offer Iran,” Vahid Gachi, the Iranian official in charge of the crossing, said in an interview in his office, as lines of tractor-trailers poured into Iraq. “Except for oil, Iraq relies on Iran for everything.”

1 hour ago, Dmitry Bedin said:

US troops are in Iraq to protect the country - wat? Invaded the country = to protect? ISIS was the creation of the usa, who supported and armed them until Qassem and Russians finally ended it. 

I think it’s easier than that the Middle East has been and will continue to be “invaded” due to the vast amounts of oil in the hands of religious lunatics and this cannot be tolerated in a modern society whom require said resource. Not a hard concept to get your head around, but throw in religion and an unwanted procurer of said resources and there you have it, the oil business.....

• Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, John Foote said:

We can't frack another 4 million a day overnight.

Certainly not ... But we can go Deepwater this is a beautiful thing....

• Upvote 3