On 1/4/2020 at 10:40 PM, James Regan said:

I think it’s easier than that the Middle East has been and will continue to be “invaded” due to the vast amounts of oil in the hands of religious lunatics and this cannot be tolerated in a modern society whom require said resource. Not a hard concept to get your head around, but throw in religion and an unwanted procurer of said resources and there you have it, the oil business.....

Better for the world would be usa mind its own business. Or it soonner or later will eventually end up in nuclear dush.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

image.thumb.png.7d9d582c8a16bd9b65d4cd72e9a626ab.png

Sorry Doug.....but Slant drilling is a thing....and it is initiated from surface. I cant speak to the rest of the world, but I've been a DD up in Canada for some time and have done lots of slant work in the oilsands….SAGD drilling. Often we'll use Precision Drilling Super-Singles which can adjust the angle of the derrick. We have to do this since in some area's the formation is so shallow and the dogleg severity would be too great if went in vertically. Once we've spudded the well on an angle, we'll then continue directional drilling to follow our well plan.

These little carrot-puller's are fantastic work horses!

H.

image.png.1ad44308da9998bed640393ebb567883.png

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 2

6 hours ago, Dmitry Bedin said:

Better for the world would be usa mind its own business. Or it soonner or later will eventually end up in nuclear dush.

True, time to pack our kit worldwide, bring it all back home and make America great again while you guys kill, maim and mutilate one another, as you have done over the ages. You can then be free to select a new ‘sponsor’ to spend their taxpayers money to keep you safe and afloat. Your choices will be China or Russia. Hope it works out for you!

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

1 hour ago, Hamish said:

image.thumb.png.7d9d582c8a16bd9b65d4cd72e9a626ab.png

Sorry Doug.....but Slant drilling is a thing....and it is initiated from surface. I cant speak to the rest of the world, but I've been a DD up in Canada for some time and have done lots of slant work in the oilsands….SAGD drilling. Often we'll use Precision Drilling Super-Singles which can adjust the angle of the derrick. We have to do this since in some area's the formation is so shallow and the dogleg severity would be too great if went in vertically. Once we've spudded the well on an angle, we'll then continue directional drilling to follow our well plan.

These little carrot-puller's are fantastic work horses!

H.

image.png.1ad44308da9998bed640393ebb567883.png

Good stuff Hamish!

I’m on my phone so can’t zoom in on the photo... Perhaps you can answer some technical questions for me:

First, how does the hoisting set-up work on one of these rigs? If the mast is set up like a conventional rig, your traveling block, swivel and drill line would be hanging on the low side causing a whole slew of headaches. Even if you had a top drive with tracks or a torque tube in the mast I can see a bunch of issues.

Secondly, how in the hell do you pass tools through the rotary table and then through the BOP stack? Is your BOP offset from the center of the rotary and inclined to be inline with the mast?

I have never seen one of these animals. Really looking forward to your response! 

• Upvote 1

Hamish...I think you would agree that if you are planning to drill under your neighboring lease or country that you’d be much sneakier using conventional rigs and directional drilling techniques. Those inclined derricks are a dead giveaway...😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

(edited)

Doug....yup, they're all top-drive rigs. It definitely creates issues for the guys as you can imagine. Everything on a slant is more difficult! Down by the table....there is an "apache"....kinda like a  mini - ST80 for torqueing connections. It's set up on the derrick just above the table so is always at the same angle when picking up the motor or any pipe, There's a lifting arm that raises the tools from the catwalk. From there, the driller screws into the top of the tools with the topdrive (while still supporting the bottom of the tools with the lifting arm). Then....they come down on the topdrive & we line it up to run through...sometimes with a sling to support it the last little bit until the tools are resting on a "spoon guide" just below the table which helps guide the assembly through the stack. The BOP is also set at an angle. They're great little rigs....can drill vertical or varying angles....so very adaptable. And fast if you've got a good crew...which most of the PD boys up here are.

Oh....and with the whole Iraq / Kuwait war …. pretty sure that was just standard directional drilling from conventional rigs like you had mentioned earlier.

image.png.f060f8c57e06e3dcef1476ac4402566d.png

Edited by Hamish
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/4/2020 at 4:54 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

2014 article in New York Post

The shadowy Iranian spy chief who helped plan Benghazi

2-photosbenghazi.thumb.jpg.5c494ca8b90329b9e5444c91178e83a3.jpg

He’s the Wizard of Oz of Iranian terror, the most dreaded and most effective terrorist alive.

He is Qassem Suleymani, the head of the Quds Force, an organization that acts as a combination CIA and Green Berets for Iran, and a man who has orchestrated a campaign of chaos against the United States around the world.

Not anymore, the only thing he will be organizing now is a worm feast...

• Haha 1

On 1/4/2020 at 4:21 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

VP Mike Pence is stating some interesting facts about the terrorist, Soleimani.

https://twitter.com/Mike_Pence/status/1213189745821540353

739a687bc6d499f43d7bf15a975f80096f671eef478e8e733c66bf4f23f9ef7b.thumb.png.23ff50e29d2baf67915fc186d7a428b1.png

5e8947cef79a2211e6ae38ef3c9c37115739f01e7f3ece3a1a359a0a4d557461.thumb.png.1c77ebb0347bae0ed7aa1087d86c2709.png

Also, 

e5da90dbeb2bf4f7abb7ebb65f8358e0387ca7534df3c869bcb79f9ac03ccdff.png.b1dc657835fde8923410a721d2918be6.png

https://twitter.com/TomFitton/status/1213284759708852224

Also, flashback to 2015

ClipboardImage.thumb.png.7acefc94937c4f030a7189ceebaee775.png

https://twitter.com/CommunismKiIIs/status/1213271424745529344

The hypocrisy is mind numbing. Yet those with TDS will defend Obumble to the end. Everything he did was great and good. Nothing Trump does is at all acceptable. If he came out tomorrow and said everyone in the country was going to get a check for one million dollars, they would protest that as well....LMAO, stupid people used to be just plain stupid, but stupid has gone so much further in the last couple of years, I really wonder who keeps watering them to keep them alive. Thank them for all the advances in society right now.

People can legally shit on a sidewalk, or inside a business in California.

Businesses are being held responsible for cleaning up said shit or be fined.

Homeless people are not held responsible for their actions in California anymore. They can walk into a store and take/use items without paying and not be held responsible...

The electric company was driven to bankruptcy by the state, and they still have not been reimbursed for the lost monies during their energy crisis. Then they were sued for a fire that wouldn't have happened if they HAD been reimbursed for their losses originally, and that actually pushed them right over the edge. I would shut off the breakers to the entire state afterwards. Make the state figure it all out....

It is OK now in Cali to rob someone, as long as you don't take more, than what is it? 200.00?

The gangs are being treated like royalty there as well. We spend a lot of money on their healthcare, and a LOT of them are here illegally. And they protect them from ICE now. Wonder why Cali sucks so bad right now.

It is so bad that there are actually articles online that go on and on. This is what happens in most Democrat states anymore....

https://www.hiddendominion.com/50-reasons-why-california-sucks/

Honest citizens are basically stuck there. Can't sell their homes and move out, can't afford to now...

• Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 2

(edited)

4 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

True, time to pack our kit worldwide, bring it all back home and make America great again while you guys kill, maim and mutilate one another, as you have done over the ages.

Whereas deaths caused by American hands and weapons are of course the definition of peace. This has also been done 'over the ages'.

I will remind users yet again of the 'joke' by a user recently that said ''why did God put American oilfields in the Middle East?'' This received many laughs from American people here. Think about that for a moment sir, as you consider yourselves the beacons of peace, while other users here seem to think it is amusing to go to war again and again. How many of your fellow citizens have died there now by the way? Ponder that if you will while pondering some Americans' sense of humour here regarding the deaths of their fellow citizens.

I hope the oil was worth it though, another little aspect of the constant wars, which even some Americans here have admitted is the key issue while acknowledging you would not be there at all if oil were not involved. What morals. These would be the same users who stated you should leave the Middle East to it, and who also mentioned how much oil the USA has now. I guess a little more oil can do no harm? 

Maybe if you do as you suggest you can indeed 'make America great again'. As everyone has an obsession with China here, it is clear they have rocketed economically in the last thirty years. What was America doing for all this time sir? The answer is going to war again and again and again, and 'killing and mutilating' while talking of peace.*

I am sure this time will be the last time though, or shall we have this same discussion in a few years do you think? Seeing as many here like to say that history is a good indicator of the future, what does the US' recent history in the Middle East tell us? Some here seem to think it was successful which I find beyond ridiculous. I fear you are yet another user I must block. America, as always, is utterly flawless, whereas 'you guys' as you say, do nothing but kill. What a joke. Good day sir. 

*China no doubt was, in the meantime, developing its infamous bot system as a countermeasure to global power? 

Red arrows, awarded for the reading of facts, go here    ---->>>

Edited by Papillon
  • Great Response! 3

1 hour ago, Papillon said:

Whereas deaths caused by American hands and weapons are of course the definition of peace. This has also been done 'over the ages'.

I will remind users yet again of the 'joke' by a user recently that said ''why did God put American oilfields in the Middle East?'' This received many laughs from American people here. Think about that for a moment sir, as you consider yourselves the beacons of peace, while other users here seem to think it is amusing to go to war again and again. How many of your fellow citizens have died there now by the way? Ponder that if you will while pondering some Americans' sense of humour here regarding the deaths of their fellow citizens.

I hope the oil was worth it though, another little aspect of the constant wars, which even some Americans here have admitted is the key issue while acknowledging you would not be there at all if oil were not involved. What morals. These would be the same users who stated you should leave the Middle East to it, and who also mentioned how much oil the USA has now. I guess a little more oil can do no harm? 

Maybe if you do as you suggest you can indeed 'make America great again'. As everyone has an obsession with China here, it is clear they have rocketed economically in the last thirty years. What was America doing for all this time sir? The answer is going to war again and again and again, and 'killing and mutilating' while talking of peace.*

I am sure this time will be the last time though, or shall we have this same discussion in a few years do you think? Seeing as many here like to say that history is a good indicator of the future, what does the US' recent history in the Middle East tell us? Some here seem to think it was successful which I find beyond ridiculous. I fear you are yet another user I must block. America, as always, is utterly flawless, whereas 'you guys' as you say, do nothing but kill. What a joke. Good day sir. 

*China no doubt was, in the meantime, developing its infamous bot system as a countermeasure to global power? 

Red arrows, awarded for the reading of facts, go here    ---->>>

Tell us oh wise one why the national oil company in Saudi Arabia is called Saudi Aramco? What do the letters "am" stand for in that name and why? 

Without American know-how Saudi Arabia and the rest of the Middle East would be running around on their camels killing each other over not kneeling right during prayer time. 

That said it was a joke (I missed it wherever it was), and was clearly meant tongue in cheek. You weren't so humor challenged before you were outed. Remake it is funnier than you now, perhaps you need to read Sybil for some pointers. 

The US was not involved when the Soviets killed, what, 40 million of their own citizens

The US was not involved when the Chinese killed, 60 million

The US was not involved when the Cambodians killed 4 million

The US was not involved when the Burmese killed 2 million

The US was not involved when the Bangladesh killed 2 million

The US was not involved when the Nigerians killed 1.5 million

The US was not involved when the Ottomans killed 1.5 million etc. 

But yeah, it's our fault if we try to stop these monsters by "breaking a few eggs" and in your psychotic dichotomy it's our fault if we don't stop these monsters, like it's only the US of A that carries the responsibility for the whole damn planet. Nice try buckwheat, but we don't have to play your game. 

• Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

The US was not involved when the Soviets killed, what, 40 million of their own citizens

WHATABOUTISM

I thought I would give you the benefit of the doubt sir and unblock you for a few minutes. It appears you rather enjoy having your continual hypocrisies laid out for all to see, again and again. One rule for you, another rule for others, as always. I am not at all surprised. You will be blocked again for the foreseeable future as I am tiring of reading your hypocritical rubbish.

• Great Response! 1
  • Downvote 1

52 minutes ago, Papillon said:

WHATABOUTISM

I thought I would give you the benefit of the doubt sir and unblock you for a few minutes. It appears you rather enjoy having your continual hypocrisies laid out for all to see, again and again. One rule for you, another rule for others, as always. I am not at all surprised. You will be blocked again for the foreseeable future as I am tiring of reading your hypocritical rubbish.

You think you're my target audience?

You're just my target

1 hour ago, Ward Smith said:

Tell us oh wise one why the national oil company in Saudi Arabia is called Saudi Aramco? What do the letters "am" stand for in that name and why? 

Without American know-how Saudi Arabia and the rest of the Middle East would be running around on their camels killing each other over not kneeling right during prayer time. 

That said it was a joke (I missed it wherever it was), and was clearly meant tongue in cheek. You weren't so humor challenged before you were outed. Remake it is funnier than you now, perhaps you need to read Sybil for some pointers. 

But yeah, it's our fault if we try to stop these monsters by "breaking a few eggs" and in your psychotic dichotomy it's our fault if we don't stop these monsters, like it's only the US of A that carries the responsibility for the whole damn planet. Nice try buckwheat, but we don't have to play your game. 

Hold the phone, anyone notice that nothing above was about oil?

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, remake it said:

anyone notice that nothing above was about oil?

Of course not, that would distract from the whataboutism and lack of self reflection. Do you see a pattern here sir? 

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, remake it said:

Hold the phone, anyone notice that nothing above was about oil?

Nigeria (Biafra) was all about oil

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

You think you're my target audience?

You're just my target

Your ability to hit a target does seem amiss.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, remake it said:

Your ability to spell is amiss

1 minute ago, remake it said:

And the lack of any mention to oil and whataboutism is the same sir anyway, whoever his intended audience was. Other than that, valid points as always.

15 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Nigeria (Biafra) was all about oil

We get it now, nations that own their oil kill their people because of their oil.  

That's Trumpian logic if ever....

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, remake it said:

That's Trumpian logic if ever....

One out of seven not bad.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Papillon said:

One out of seven not bad.

And even then it was a coincidence of history rather than a "cause."  Some A lot of target practise is warranted.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Papillon said:

I think it is sad Papillon, but every empire is doing what US is doing now, look at history, it is typical behaviour.

And if I am to choose US or Chinese hegemony, I would ALWAYS choose US.

Polish soldiers were in Iraq and Afghanistan, killing those poor people and sometimes also dying.

And you know what, if tomorrow there would be another adventure in Iran or Venezuela they will go there again and kill again for the sake of oil or whatever needs of our current Big Brother.

This is how the world was made thousands years ago. We are all savage cavemen with veneer of ethics and civilization.

What is really annoying me, is when people in their huge hypocrisy try to develop narrative to justify these awful deeds.

My opinion is you do not want to be invaded develop nuclear weapons or other deterrent so that invasion or occupation is not feasiblde, you don't you are guilty.

Will give you one example from my country. School curricula are created in the way to hail glory of war for your country, dying while fighting with intruders, and so on, very stupid strategy. But it is also very inconvenient to occupy Poland, cause there is so much resistance, partisans etc.. So as long as we do not have hydrocarbons, occupation of our country has no tangible benefits.

It is really a miracle for me that Middle Eastern countries were allowed to keep oil for themselves, that they were not invaded and colonized. I think only rivalry of superpowers in Cold War era allowed their independence.

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

34 minutes ago, Marcin said:

What is really annoying me, is when people in their huge hypocrisy try to develop narrative to justify these awful deeds.

Precisely sir. What rather bores me is the hypocritical notion and sarcasm of some here, who suggest ''maybe we should leave them to it'' as if the majority of these nations have asked for aid in the first place. At first they agree that they should leave them to it, and admit these are endless wars, with endless casualties now that have lasted centuries. Within minutes they appear happy to have another war.

When the people of Hong Kong for example actually seemed to ask for help, the USA did nothing for months and even then eventually signed a bill that Mr Trump had no choice but to go along with. If this had been happening in some sort of autonomous region in Africa for example, and an area that had oil, the USA would have been there to 'help' within days. Hong Kong however has no oil, but does have the Chinese army next door. It appears the respond to aid will correspond to oil, and if you do not even ask for aid, well, you have oil, so we are coming anyway.

Similarly I would invite you to ponder and imagine that the Middle East itself is a region in the centre of Africa, and has no oil, but endless conflict. I have a feeling there would not be three decades of conflict or any involvement from America whatsoever. It is the alleged care of the region involved that I find ridiculous, especially when Americans here have admitted they would not be there in the Middle East if there were no oil, while continually patting each other on the back as if they are heroes, while their young men come home in bodybags every few years.

Edited by Papillon

On 1/5/2020 at 3:44 AM, 0R0 said:

It was a false signal from Madeleine Albright that they could do it without opposition from the US, sort of a reward for the war with Iran. I don't remember the origin of the dispute with Kuwait, but IIRC it had something to do with Kuwait tapping oil in Iraq territory and had been going on for a long time.  

I worked with a guy who was involved in drilling wells from Kuwait into Iraqi fields so it appears there was some truth to that, but I doubt that was the reason for the Iraqi invasion. I believe it was because Iraq had been at war with Iran for 10 years and encouraged to do so by Saudi and Co and when it ended they were repayed with Saudi opening up the taps and selling more crude pushing down the oil prices which crippled the Iraqi economy.

46 minutes ago, Papillon said:

Precisely sir. What rather bores me is the hypocritical notion and sarcasm of some here, who suggest ''maybe we should leave them to it'' as if the majority of these nations have asked for aid in the first place. At first they agree that they should leave them to it, and admit these are endless wars, with endless casualties now that have lasted centuries. Within minutes they appear happy to have another war.

When the people of Hong Kong for example actually seemed to ask for help, the USA did nothing for months and even then eventually signed a bill that Mr Trump had no choice but to go along with. If this had been happening in some sort of autonomous region in Africa for example, and an area that had oil, the USA would have been there to 'help' within days. Hong Kong however has no oil, but does have the Chinese army next door. It appears the respond to aid will correspond to oil, and if you do not even ask for aid, well, you have oil, so we are coming anyway.

Similarly I would invite you to ponder and imagine that the Middle East itself is a region in the centre of Africa, and has no oil, but endless conflict. I have a feeling there would not be three decades of conflict or any involvement from America whatsoever. It is the alleged care of the region involved that I find ridiculous, especially when Americans here have admitted they would not be there in the Middle East if there were no oil, while continually patting each other on the back as if they are heroes, while their young men come home in bodybags every few years.

Do the Balkans have oil? Nope, but we intervened there. 

Does South Korea have oil? Nope but we intervened there. 

Did South Vietnam have oil when we intervened there? I don't believe it had been discovered. 

Your entire thesis is all wet. I pointed out massive death and you hand wave it away and pretend it doesn't count because you were thinking about oil. Too bad you're still wrong. No wonder you block me, my intellect is too much for your weak ego to handle. No worries, remake it will read it to you. Lol

• Upvote 3