(edited)

19 minutes ago, remake it said:

It's logical to remove the underlying problem, which is Trump, and the mechanism is already in the hands of Congress, which needs only follow through with his impeachment, leaving Pence to next order the withdrawal of all US forces from Iraq, which is also what the Iraqi parliament unanimously agreed, so it's all pretty simple.

You're welcome. 

Edited by Guest

23 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

You're welcome. 

Warning warning - @specinho alert.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

In fairness mate, why should he provide solutions to American problems? I don't see many ideas or solutions from Americans here, I'm seeing a lot of ''go, go, go'' and ''it was an act of war damnit'' and all guns blazing and ''yay, potential war''. You want him to say what he would do because he said a load of things you guys didn't like, so you think if he's so opinionated he should provide answers to this latest mess.

This is like when we all had the gun conversations and people started saying to me ''well what do you suggest?'' As I said then, not my problem, and you've had 200 years to sort this shit out. This is exactly the same, except it's 30 years of being in the ME instead. You tell me what your plan is. Presumably you all had one? This ain't at you, but 'America' I mean. 

America asking others ''well what do you suggest?'' tells me 1. you have made mistakes, 2. there was no clear plan, 3. you don't know how it's gonna escalate either, 4. you don't know what you would / should do either, (but whatever Trump says you will go with?). Numbers 1,2 and 3 are in the past and today, 4 is obviously just today. 

Also considering no one is really suggesting a remedy tells me people maybe here think this is all great and no remedy is even needed? Scott has just posted and thinks this is a ''flash in the pan''. I very much doubt it to be honest, we will see. I think you're at numbers 3 and 4.

Have a hotdog.

Okay, point taken. If any issue on this forum does not impact you personally or your nation of birth specifically, then shut the f**k up! Your comments, experience and insight are only valuable and pertinent when applied to your specific situation or as it affects your nation.

Good call DT, that should put the final nail in the OP coffin.

I’m taking a siesta from this bullshit.

• Great Response! 1

(edited)

OK so do you admit numbers 1-4 and the fact Americans have not said much besides ''yay! war! wooh'' and made jokes about it for days?

Seeing as you ignored that bit I will assume yes. Number 2 says 'there was no clear plan'. Translation - if there was one, you would not be asking how to sort yet another ME f**k up. So there is some 'insight' for you guys in future. Have a plan. How did the other wars turn out? Learn much in your 'experience' after 30 years? Looks like a No in my book but hey back you go. How much will this one cost? How many lives? 

From what I can see it's Zhong, Papillon, Rob, Remake and a few others who have expressed concerns at all, the rest of you seem very up for it and ''it was an act of war! ... but nothing to worry about ... I'm sure Iran are over it by now ... hahaha'', and a load of semi jokes if you want me to find them? There are enough threads. I'm not exactly seeing concern.

So essentially you want a solution from me to yet another American problem and potential war, that many Americans here seem to not have an issue with anyway and make jokes about yes? Maybe the world generally would give advice to you guys if they thought you may actually listen? Whatever Trump says you will go along with anyway yes? That's why I'm not seeing any American solutions presumably and we have to wait for your next circus. Also there is a thread called 'what's the endgame here?' -  does that sound like there is a plan to you? 

My solution I guess would be to think ahead, as you don't seem to do that, another 30 years and make a plan for a change, unless you enjoy having a war somewhere over there every few years and spunking trillions? Judging by some reactions here I am not even sure I'm being sarcastic anymore.

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, 0R0 said:

You can't expect the US to intervene where it has no interests..

This is oh so very true, and why the hell should they?

This is the supposed job of the useless UN which does absolutely nothing!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!

Apparently according to Papillon " I chat with @DayTrader a great deal here, as we share an interest in Buddhism among other things"

Does that mean @DayTrader believes in religion??????

• Upvote 1

LOL it's not a religion, there is no god. It's a belief system and way of thinking and living. Nice try though Rob LOL.

Also, Papillon said that the problem with some Americans is that they think everyone thinks like they do.

NEWSFLASH - they do not.

ALL you should be thinking now is actually what is IRAN thinking? Maybe quit making jokes and do that? Just an idea. I have a weird feeling they may not have forgotten about this. So, yet again, what's your 'plan'? Ever have one? 

1 minute ago, Dr.Masih Rezvani said:

i am reading yet

Good for you, it’s about time you did!

• Haha 1

Guys (and gals) I really don't understand why the attacks on Papillon and others for just expressing their views?

When people disagree with him they call him a "handler" he has "dementia" it must be his age or he is just plain talking nonsense.

If you disagree then fine as Tom says if we all agreed and had the same view then OilPrice would be a very boring place, there is just no need for personal insults, it just weakens anybody's position in any debate.

I understand the topics we discuss can raise strong feelings but as @DayTrader says "Chill everyone" and respect everyone's opinion even if you strongly disagree.

I have been as guilty of this as many on here and sometimes posters infuriate me, but I'm trying to take a leaf out of some on here and use humour to respond rather than anger.

Hope you all have a great day!

Respectfully

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

5 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

I really don't understand why the attacks on Papillon and others for just expressing their views?

When people disagree with him they call him a "handler" he has "dementia" it must be his age or he is just plain talking nonsense.

It's easier to do that then acknowledge you're reading facts and the ultimate truthbombs Rob.

Facts are never good. Duh. They can be inconvenient.

Ask any Christian.

la la la 

;) 

You know you all love me so cut the shit.

Edited by Guest
I can't help myself

3 hours ago, DayTrader said:

America asking others ''well what do you suggest?'' tells me 1. you have made mistakes, 2. there was no clear plan, 3. you don't know how it's gonna escalate either, 4. you don't know what you would / should do either, (but whatever Trump says you will go with?). Numbers 1,2 and 3 are in the past and today, 4 is obviously just today.

Since Iraq 2003 destroyed Iraq, Iran, duh, moved in.  They wanted Iraq since Ottomans disappeared.  Fertile land, good farming... water, oil.  What is there not to like?  But having one country own all the oil of Iran/Iraq which also means Kuwait also probably vanishes is geopolitically a non starter for the world or any wanna-be world power as 1/3 of all the worlds oil would be in the hands of a single country. So, the genius's in Washington state department after destroying Iraq, now are hoping Iraq will rebuild itself to be a bulwark against A single country dominating all the worlds oil supply. 

The only solution palatable to anyone in the world with a working brain is an Iraq that is not consumed by Iran.  If you leave, Iran moves in and the ppl of Iraq do not mind all that much as most of them hated their lives under Sadaam and found the USA "hospitality" not any better.  So, the only true solution is the long game where one stays long enough for some semblance of order to come together inside Iraq. Getting from today to the stronger Iraq that is not utterly dominated by Iran will not be pretty irregardless of whomever is the power in the region. 

One of those not pretty aspects is not allowing Iran military taking over Iraq.  So, bombing Iranian forces inside Iraq is the goal.  No matter who the "policeman" will be. 

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Good stuff Hamish!

I’m on my phone so can’t zoom in on the photo... Perhaps you can answer some technical questions for me:

First, how does the hoisting set-up work on one of these rigs? If the mast is set up like a conventional rig, your traveling block, swivel and drill line would be hanging on the low side causing a whole slew of headaches. Even if you had a top drive with tracks or a torque tube in the mast I can see a bunch of issues.

Secondly, how in the hell do you pass tools through the rotary table and then through the BOP stack? Is your BOP offset from the center of the rotary and inclined to be inline with the mast?

I have never seen one of these animals. Really looking forward to your response! 

Doug old photo but all done at 45deg in the 80s 

imagine rig tongs , slips, correct line pull from cat head as the angle of the chain would affect torque values etc unless Drawworks is also at 45 deg, it’s mind blowing and your doubts were well received as it raises a lot of points such as BOP ETC,,,,, great tech debate possible, we should start another thread to not diverge from the miríade of Iran and China posts which are becoming a mess.

Oh jumping on band wagon 737 Crash:

1. Bird Strike

2. Surface to air short range missile

3. Ballistic missile touched the 737 causing engine damage, didn’t explode.

4. Bomb planted - Ukraine stated 

5. Technical issue 

6 . all of the above 

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

DB7F2D2A-AC09-4637-ABB7-BCA170E0E065.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I guess my next question would be:

What type of target would require this technology?

I can only assume a VERY shallow target under an inaccessible surface such as a lake.

Can one of you guys start a technical ‘Slant Drilling’ thread? I’d do it, but I’m on my handphone...

Doug.... Just hopping on my flight home after a hitch. Precision Drilling Super Singles rigs set up slant at 30-40° often used up in Canada in the oilsands ....SAGD drilling of well pairs from pads. TVD range from about 200-400m depending on area. Whoops...gotta go

14 hours ago, remake it said:

It was not a joke and one wonders what planet you are on if you cannot determine the serious impact which can be delivered by a few disaffected men supposedly working to a higher cause.

Do you actually know what an extra-judicial assassination means?

My apologies if that wasn't a joke - can be hard to devise intentions from text (70% of communication is non-verbal. Miss that on a forum).

So again, my apologies on that.

Yes, a few disaffected men (Or women), if desperate enough, are a very dangerous thing... and not to be underestimated.

Yes, extra-judicial assassination is pretty easy to devise from the word itself, even if not previously familiar. The assassinations in 2012 (ish?) may fit the definition of this label, especially considering some were American citizens killed by the US military. (Not unique to the fact they're american, but rather that they were killed by their own country).  This was the assassination of a foreign military target... those are pretty much by necessity 'extra-judicial' which, while making your term technically correct, it's also significantly misleading into what this was. The other key here was that there is apparently (reserving my own judgement on this as I haven't seen the evidence - aka the reason for the font) evidence that he had 'imminent plans to kill US politicians and soldiers.'  Ok, Iran views us as technically at war - so killing soldiers is a stated mission of a military commander - but if he has imminent plans to do so, is the US not also justified in removing him as a threat of war? (aka killing him in a military action?)

14 hours ago, Papillon said:

It was not a joke sir, it was a mere reference to what two planes can do within an hour if they wish to, and the implications of your relationship with the Middle East in general. The 'jokes' came from your fellow citizens if you peruse the threads with regard to assuming oil in the region is yours and given by God. Did you grace all of those posts with a red arrow as you have mine sir? Or do your young men dying there every few years have a comical element as your own countrymen imply here? 

Indeed sir and my apologies but I have been accused of being a 'handler' of Remake It by Mr Smith as I agree with him on occasion. Much of the forum does too, but it is I and Marcin, also accused, who are the key handlers. The rationale for this is because I agree with him as I say, and it appears alternate views cannot possibly come from a human being or they must originate in China, as a military operation, as they disagree with Mr Smith. I do not appreciate this sir but hope you see the comedy as I do of the entire forum conversing with us still. Imagine if you will all of us sat in line, hoping to sway the views of an oil based forum with few views to a pro China stance allegedly, as this is what he pictures. This is easier than the idea of someone having a different view in his eyes. Ponder that a moment.

Precisely. You see, I agreed with him. How dare I? 

It was a reference to your nation's main belief sir and with respect when your own President ends every speech with ''and God Bless America'' and presumably swears on the bible before taking office, that would suggest to me a christian nation. Either way, again, the joke was about God putting American oil in the Middle East, so christian or not, what is your reaction to your countrymen finding that amusing? 

Why exactly was it trash sir? Because you personally did not agree with it? I agree, bias is a funny thing.

With respect sir, Papillon. 

My apologies on thinking it was a joke and reacting as such.

I have not come across the 'jokes' about 'God putting US oil in the Middle East,' as I said, so have no further comment other than was was in my last post here. But those could be potentially equally distasteful, yes.

So the way the comments about 'American Christian Values' comes across is as a sweeping generalization - aka, "if you're American and Christian, you go in this bucket and agree with this."  Not sure if that's how it was meant. Yes, I would agree that we are generally a Christian nation, founded on Christianity. That said, I don't know of a group of people so homologous that you can make a generalization that sweeping. Further, "Christians" (Or rather those who claim that title) tend to have low homogeneity, and the American people are among the most diverse nation in the world (among the most - not claiming to be the most). And yes, I realize there is a lot of diversity of thought outside the US, just saying if you pick any single country, you'd be hard pressed to find many that are more diverse internal to their borders. Anyway - my point is, sweeping generalizations tend to be inaccurate - especially among diverse groups.

8 hours ago, DayTrader said:

In fairness mate, why should he provide solutions to American problems? I don't see many ideas or solutions from Americans here, I'm seeing a lot of ''go, go, go'' and ''it was an act of war damnit'' and all guns blazing and ''yay, potential war''. You want him to say what he would do because he said a load of things you guys didn't like, so you think if he's so opinionated he should provide answers to this latest mess.

This is like when we all had the gun conversations and people started saying to me ''well what do you suggest?'' As I said then, not my problem, and you've had 200 years to sort this shit out. This is exactly the same, except it's 30 years of being in the ME instead. You tell me what your plan is. Presumably you all had one? This ain't at you, but 'America' I mean. 

Also considering no one is really suggesting a remedy tells me people maybe here think this is all great and no remedy is even needed? Scott has just posted and thinks this is a ''flash in the pan''. I very much doubt it to be honest, we will see. I think you're at numbers 3 and 4.

Have a hotdog.

You're not being asked to solve and 'American' problem because we don't know what to do - if someone launches the criticism that you're doing it all wrong however, I believe it's fair to turn and say, 'Well, what's the right way then?'

(I would also challenge that this is an 'American' problem... I believe it's a world problem that, currently, only the US is willing to address in any significant way.)

Also, to be clear, I'm absolutely not advocating for a war in any of my posts... my comments were toward people blaming Trump for 'breaking campaign promises.' I believe he's shown great restraint to this point, and sometimes a war is the best option, but I don't believe we're there yet - and I'm hopeful  the president understands that.

To address your points:

1) No, that doesn't suggest we've made mistakes (we have, I disagree with a lot of our historic foreign policy, and even some current, but that question is in response to the criticism above, not because we've done everything wrong.)

2) It also doesn't suggest lack of plan... again, see points above.

3) No one knows how it's going to escalate. However it would be wise to have multiple plans for multiple potential scenarios and act accordingly as things evolve. I've seen no indication yet that this is not the case.

4) I do have my own opinion - I would advocate for limited surgical strikes with little-to-no collateral damage and only where we have extremely high confidence in our Intelligence (which, given our intelligence community's current state and how they seem to have their own agenda different than the president, would be relatively rare) . Other than that, I would ramp up economic sanctions and push for World support. Potentially going as far as an Embargo (aka you can trade with the US or Iran, but not both. And if you trade with a trade partner of Iran, you can't trade with us either - essentially bifurcating world trade. But this may have to be scaled back to something less severe or be more nuanced - I don't have sufficient data to see how this would play out and who would side with whom.) All that said, I don't have strategic intelligence being provided to know the whole situation, so there may be a better path. This is just with my limited news access as a world citizen.

Finally, just personal preference, but I strongly prefer bratwurst... but to each their own. (Might be my German side...)

• Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DayTrader said:

OK so do you admit numbers 1-4 and the fact Americans have not said much besides ''yay! war! wooh'' and made jokes about it for days?

Seeing as you ignored that bit I will assume yes. Number 2 says 'there was no clear plan'. Translation - if there was one, you would not be asking how to sort yet another ME f**k up. So there is some 'insight' for you guys in future. Have a plan. How did the other wars turn out? Learn much in your 'experience' after 30 years? Looks like a No in my book but hey back you go. How much will this one cost? How many lives? 

From what I can see it's Zhong, Papillon, Rob, Remake and a few others who have expressed concerns at all, the rest of you seem very up for it and ''it was an act of war! ... but nothing to worry about ... I'm sure Iran are over it by now ... hahaha'', and a load of semi jokes if you want me to find them? There are enough threads. I'm not exactly seeing concern.

So essentially you want a solution from me to yet another American problem and potential war, that many Americans here seem to not have an issue with anyway and make jokes about yes? Maybe the world generally would give advice to you guys if they thought you may actually listen? Whatever Trump says you will go along with anyway yes? That's why I'm not seeing any American solutions presumably and we have to wait for your next circus. Also there is a thread called 'what's the endgame here?' -  does that sound like there is a plan to you? 

My solution I guess would be to think ahead, as you don't seem to do that, another 30 years and make a plan for a change, unless you enjoy having a war somewhere over there every few years and spunking trillions? Judging by some reactions here I am not even sure I'm being sarcastic anymore.

We will move military assets out of Iraq.  Some will go to Kuwait.  Some will go to SA.  Some will sit in the Persian gulf or Arabian Sea.  The rest will probably come home.  

We wont leave the region.  We have almost complete control over the worlds energy exports and Imports (way more than half).  Iran and Iraq will have difficulty in the future moving their products.  Venezuela, Mexico and Libya will continue to be uncertain suppliers.  

Trump controls the market.  Impeachment will be voted out.  Trump will win reeelction easily.  The 2nd term will be a complete bow down from adversaries (maybe just saw this from Iran) looked very orchestrated; hit nothing. Nothing.  And now standing down.  Maybe a deal was made.  Maybe they are all playing together manipulating the market.

trump is a master tactician.  Under his leadership USA wins, and we will not engage in foreign wars anymore.  We are pulling out of Iraq.  We will support SA and other ME partners.  But like Otis said,  we will make all the rules.  If we say you can’t trade with someone and you do; you will lose access to our markets.  

USA is on the rise.  Invest in USA.  You can’t beat us, you just have to join us ;)

Hey laddy, are you guys brexiting yet? 

Nationalist are winning.  Sovereignty is winning.  

America first!

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1

Anyway here’s the weather in Iran3F6D77BF-D2A5-4471-9D2D-F9E1401AC89C.jpeg.f0516fda6c822189f28f03401f5cfdd5.jpeg

• Haha 1

Looks like they shot the plane down

According to the usual unnamed sources

As a small plane pilot I already had my suspicions. About to meet my pilot friend who flew "heavies" for decades to discuss all this. 

Bottom line a 737-800 that's less than 3 years old and was serviced on the 6th of January doesn't just up and die. Even with a blown engine the plane can still fly on the other one. No doubt in my mind the idiots shot it down. That's why they won't give Boeing the black box nor let anyone else investigate. Pathetic

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 1/8/2020 at 6:53 AM, Douglas Buckland said:

True, time to pack our kit worldwide, bring it all back home and make America great again while you guys kill, maim and mutilate one another, as you have done over the ages. You can then be free to select a new ‘sponsor’ to spend their taxpayers money to keep you safe and afloat. Your choices will be China or Russia. Hope it works out for you!

My best guess is they will be begging for us to come in and save them again after a few years. And then we show up, gifts a'blazin, and in a couple of years they'll be back to whining like little bitches. If you need help and someone starts giving you help, then there will be rules you are expected to follow to receive said help. Homeless shelters have rules, I had rules for my kids, and anyone that doesn't want to follow those said rules needs to start taking care of their own business. We are being asked to leave Iraq, and anyone with any sense knows that they'll just have another dictator in place doing exactly what Hussein did in no time. So why is it that we waste our time helping these places out? We can get the oil, that will NEVER be a problem. They'll either sell it to us or we will get it other places, so NBD there. Suppliers can be switched around, and I work in purchasing so I do understand that one. One country will decide to start buying all the oil from a certain group, that group will shun other customers it can't service anymore and those customers will go elsewhere, no problem. I don't think China and Russia have the best track record when it comes to "helping" out other countries, so let them have it. We need to pull out everything and let the chips fall where they may. Maybe we can set up better deals with our neighbors and not have to ship oil all the way around the world. We could use pipelines directly in and not have to have ports that can handle the VLCC's, money back in our pockets..... Maybe we can put that money we have been WASTING over there to better use.....

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 2

And to all of you that have been calling Trump a war monger, phuck you!! Phuck all of you!! You have run around being judgmental and you knew NOTHING about the man!! Phuck you every one of you!!

Notice how there hasn't been a retaliation to the missile attack, because the missiles did not kill any AMERICANS!! Trump doesn't care about anything else, but send an attack and kill an American and all hell will break loose upon them. All of you have been running your mouths and berating Trump, but this is proof that he doesn't want war, but he won't be a pussy ass pushover if you kill an American, unlike some other president I remember in office last term.....

Just because you don't like the man personally doesn't mean he isn't doing a good job, and I had to tolerate the crap from the last idiot POTUS that I not only disliked, but he was a disaster for our country's economy. Hi mand that ignorant power hungry bitch Hilliary were the worst thing to happen to our country in it's ENTIRE history. Over two hundred years and these two idiots were the worst we've ever had...

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 2
  • Downvote 1

And I do believe that a lot of you are not even from this country, so double phuck you!! It's none of your concern, unless we are screwing you over personally with some policy that is making life hard in your country. But even then, that policy is probably from "another" president so you have no claim to disdain with Trump. 

Like it or not, Trump did more for us in the USA in his first year than that last loser asshole did in his entire presidency. And the moron before him as well. If you don't like that, stuff it.... You probably don't live here anyway. And if we are in your country and you don't like it, you need to consider the alternatives. Your government is so weak and needs help because they can't fix the problems for y'all, so who do YOU want over there? Russia? China? Yeah, think about that one for a few when you are squawking your pie holes about American "IMPERIALISM". Think about it from that perspective for a change.... All we have been trying to do is school you on how to run a government by the people and for the people, but if y'all like having a Stalin, or a Hitler, or maybe a Hussein over you then we should probably pack up and let you get to it, you'll deserve what you get. And Americans are sick of hearing about it, so shut up and lie in the bed you made quietly. Leave us out of it from now on. We can pull back to our borders and effectively ignore ALL of you, isolationism to the extreme. 

Seems to be OK when we are showing up on the doorstep with food and medicine after a natural disaster hits though. Arms wide open with smiles on your faces. And a couple of months later, back to the bitch ass whining again.

Sorry guys, I was waiting last night to see if there was a retaliation, and there has not been one. It pisses me off watching a man being berated for no other reason than you have been watching the stupid crap spewing from CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, BBC. "News" that is so horribly biased. "NEWS" that is an equivalent of a dog turd on the sidewalk. And why? Because the guy that owns them has told them they will do so. Any of them with even a shred of integrity should have quit on the spot when that policy came down to them. Out of business because they can't get anyone worth a shit to work for them... 

So all of you were WRONG!! How many of you can man up to the bar now and admit your failing? Only those of you with balls and integrity will be capable... You should hang your head in shame!

• Great Response! 3
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

Damn it man stop sitting on the fence and say how you really feel!😂

Edited by Rob Plant
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

The only solution palatable to anyone in the world with a working brain is an Iraq that is not consumed by Iran.  If you leave, Iran moves in and the ppl of Iraq do not mind all that much as most of them hated their lives under Sadaam and found the USA "hospitality" not any better.  So, the only true solution is the long game where one stays long enough for some semblance of order to come together inside Iraq. Getting from today to the stronger Iraq that is not utterly dominated by Iran will not be pretty irregardless of whomever is the power in the region. 

And I remember very clearly how excited the people were when the US went in and destroyed Hussein and his army. I can still see the pictures of them tearing down all those monuments he erected around the country to immortalize himself to them. The smiles and glee were evident everywhere. So we stayed and kept the peace for them, tried to train them in tactics to protect themselves, and showed them how they could run themselves by voting for the people that they needed to take care of the business of running the country for themselves. "For the people by the people" is the term used here, and they don't get it. A bunch of useless mindless brainless slobbering nose drooling idiots over there. Can't take a simple idea and make it work, and as soon as we leave Iran will be there to take them over and inflict the kind of pain they DESERVE. If you don't have the initiative to better yourself, to work hard and make a better life for you and your family, and the whole country, then you DESERVE to be living in fear all your life. One little mistake could be all it would take to destroy you and your family. Great place to live, right? That place is filled with cowards and losers, the smart ones got out. They went to other countries, like GB, France, and yes, USA. Hmmm, doesn't seem like those that came over here willingly are doing so bad? They can live without persecution from a tyrannical government, one that does things on a whim, just because they can? Just because they don't like the god you worship? Or maybe the color of your hair? Or who you want to have sex with? Yeah, America is a HORRIBLE place....

9 hours ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

One of those not pretty aspects is not allowing Iran military taking over Iraq.  So, bombing Iranian forces inside Iraq is the goal.  No matter who the "policeman" will be. 

The problem here is that Iran has been implementing a "proxy war" strategy and for the USA it will be a bit like their efforts in Vietnam where it was very difficult to work out who was the actual enemy.