2 minutes ago, PE Scott said:

And yes, none of us have any real skin in the game so the impact of any of this is almost meaningless by comparison to people living in the region.

If you are a trader or investor, you will be affected if you have not been already; if you are active in the industry there could be some significant upside if tensions boil into air strikes on facilities; if there is an escalation the there will be a global downturn as everyone runs for cover; and if you think the worst is now over, then good luck with that (or pray if you are with your god).

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, remake it said:

and if you think the worst is now over, then good luck with that

DING

4 minutes ago, remake it said:

(or pray if you are with your god).

Personal lack of DING

(edited)

16 minutes ago, remake it said:

and if you think the worst is now over, then good luck with that

Long term I'm sure you're right. However, it would be silly to point to this singular event as the reason.

Edit: you also have to agree that it takes 2 to tango, right? Iran could just as easily seek to change the direction things are headed. 

Edited by PE Scott

“Serwin, I like you mate, but this proves my point perfectly. Doug asks for opinions of how to deal with shit to Papillon, then Tom jumps on...”

To set the record straight, I asked Papillon for HIS suggestions. Immediately thereafter several people decided to answer in his stead. This is when this portion of the thread ‘snowballed”.

I’ll stay out of it from now on, just wanted to clarify this point.
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, PE Scott said:

Edit: isnt there a Billy Joel song that goes something like that "we didnt start the fire....lalalala....it benn burning since the world was turning"

Yeah, but it's a lie and you probably did start it. 

Just sayin'

16 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I’ll stay out of it from now on

Please don't. I think you unintentionally stir up more shit than anyone else here, and I love it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, PE Scott said:

I think you unintentionally stir up more shit than anyone else here, and I love it. 

And if you want intentional, then look at the Iraq / USA thread ... 😅

American geographical knowledge in all its beauty.

la la la 

6 hours ago, DayTrader said:

Like every nation on the planet puts themselves first LOL?

Love it when Americans say this like it's some grand statement. 

''Make America Great Again'' - translation = you are not great?

Thought so  ;) 

That was precisely what people were feeling and why Trump got elected.

The depths of destruction left by the errors (or deliberate sabotage) of the financial regulatory system in the US and its counterparts at the BIS - where the collection of idiocies called "Basel III" were passed (and adopted into internal US and EU law), has been clear to Americans and was ignored by the media, government and most of all, those same cads at the Fed who enabled the China bubble that ate everyone's lunch. 

The Carter era like sense of "malaise" was palpable. Trump offered  a path, most of which is workable and is economically and  geopolitically  correct. To use the shale gas and oil revolution to the US' advantage in rearranging trade relationships, military alliances, and the extent of  US involvement in being global cop. He finally picked up the Neo Con idea that China intends to be a successor to the US as global hegemon and that is an existential threat to the US over time. My main issue with him is the emphasis on opposing immigration in policy, and his misogynist and racist expressions and bully tactics in his personal behavior in public. As the intellectually lazy and single track person he is, many say hold your nose and vote for him, because the alternatives are simply more of what buried us in the hole in the first place. 

People support him fiercely despite the orange bully clown persona, because he is actually doing things that help economic development (except opposing immigration) as opposed to the opposition that do things to promote their own power and just claim to produce a benefit. 

• Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

That was precisely what people were feeling and why Trump got elected.

Yeah I know man, just kidding. 

I enjoy winding up Americans. It's like a hobby here and too easy at times.

Watch this .... wait for the rage ...

(edited)

AMERICANS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED GUNS AND THEY SHOULD HAVE THEM ALL TAKEN AWAY ! 

Edited by Guest

@ronwagn   YOU'RE UP

40 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Yeah I know man, just kidding. 

I enjoy winding up Americans. It's like a hobby here and too easy at times.

Watch this .... wait for the rage ...

No rage mate, just watching the demise of another oil forum...

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

AMERICANS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED GUNS AND THEY SHOULD HAVE THEM ALL TAKEN AWAY ! 

Childish....

• Like 1

Jeez did everyone make it some kind of resolution to lose their sense of humour?

35 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Jeez did everyone make it some kind of resolution to lose their sense of humour?

Not me.  But you do tend to lay it on a bit thick.  (It was in the movie - Lawrence of Arabia, scene of officers talking about Lawrence after he and the surviving boy made it back to Egypt and ordered lemonade in the Officers' Club). 

Your attacks on "Christianity" also tend to fall flat.  I would point out that belief in God is not a requirement for being a Christian.  Being a Christian is a matter of personal guidance in how you treat others, and especially demonstrated in compassion for the poor.  It can be reasonably argued that the story of Jesus being born in the barn in Bethlehem, being turned away from the inn, is a parable of the poor and the dispossessed being bullied and abused by an insensitive, abusive and overbearing government.  You might wish to ponder the wisdom of that. Cheers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DayTrader said:

@ronwagn   YOU'RE UP

I have (temporarily) taken his place in the effort to constrain you.  Ron needs a break from the British, anyway. 😊

1 hour ago, 0R0 said:

As the intellectually lazy and single track person he is, many say hold your nose and vote for him, because the alternatives are simply more of what buried us in the hole in the first place. 

Yup.  It is not how great (or not great)  Trump is, it is how appallingly abysmally awful his alternatives are. 

Besides, he has single-handedly revived the American steel and aluminum industries, and you have to give him a lot of credit for that.  The Clintonistas had written those industries, and their workers and stockholders, off, as casualties in the shift to a "service economy."  Just lovely. 

Trump's opponents, in the Congress and in the upcoming Presidential contest, look worse and worse as alternatives to the Americans with every passing day.  It demonstrates just how extensive the take-over of the Democratic Party by the radical leftists has become. And you really want to watch out for those people, they have a disturbed outlook on life, one in which "the government" will control everything - and they will be "the government."  Those people are poison.  They are quite prepared to wreck America. These people are psychiatrically disturbed and very dangerous to your liberties. It is a strange mentality, one that I find most unsettling.  It really got its big push with the Clintons, and the adherents are generally labelled as the Clintonistas.  Keep those people out of office. 

• Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SERWIN said:

we need politicians that stand up for their countries, and their countries interests before cow towing to some other countries ignorant demands, and really one sided crappy trade deals for that matter.

In a lot of ways Trump reminds me of Maggie Thatcher in the 80's (wish she was still around)

Hard as nails, fantastic economically, own country first. He is like a male reincarnation in a lot of respects, apart from the Twitter nonsense.

1 hour ago, Jan van Eck said:

Your attacks on "Christianity" also tend to fall flat.

That your sense of humour coming through I assume? Fall flat as in 'people here don't like being presented with facts' ?

Being a Christian is a matter of personal guidance in how you treat others, and especially demonstrated in compassion for the poor. 

Yep. How much is in the Vatican by the way out of interest? Compassion for the poor in terms of there are homeless people on every street corner in the world? Yeah they are great. Don't you have entire streets there now in certain states homeless and pissing and shitting in the streets? Church doing much about that is it? Or is it gonna be turned into a Democrat issue? 

Personal guidance in how you treat others LOL. ''If you don't believe this you will burn in hell''. What lovely ''guidance''. This is told to children yeah? Lovely stuff, not evil at all. I would rather not be guided by such evil but you crack on. 

You might wish to ponder the wisdom of that.

The wisdom of christianity, give me a break. Virgin births and resurrection and miracles. Yeah, some real wise thinking going on there. Nevermind that it all defies logic and physics and common sense. It's all ''wise'' now is it? 

It can be reasonably argued that the story of Jesus being born in the barn in Bethlehem, being turned away from the inn, is a parable of the poor and the dispossessed being bullied and abused by an insensitive, abusive and overbearing government. 

There were a lot of these kinds of governments around 2000 years ago were there, or is that trying to make a metaphor, and even turn the story of Jesus into a political issue? This place gets worse.

See ya. Had enough of this shite. I'll let you all go back to echochamber.com.

1 hour ago, DayTrader said:

Difficult to tell what is humor or what is not with all the recent nonsense on this forum.

Unless the verbiage is obviously meant to be humor, as in the recent ‘hotdog’ discussion, religious, political or nationalistic ‘humor’ is difficult to discern without vocal nuance or facial expression.

Your most recent comments concerning Americans followed by your bolded comment regarding the American Second Amendment will not appear as humor and will, no doubt, result in further derogatory comments directed towards American participants on this forum.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

In a lot of ways Trump reminds me of Maggie Thatcher in the 80's (wish she was still around)

Hard as nails, fantastic economically, own country first. He is like a male reincarnation in a lot of respects, apart from the Twitter nonsense.

Be prepared for backlash re your comment regarding Maggie. Most of the British people I’ve spoken with seem to hate her and don’t give her enough credit for, globally if not domestically, putting the ‘Great’ back into Great Britain.

In my opinion...

9 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

That your sense of humour coming through I assume? Fall flat as in 'people here don't like being presented with facts' ?

Yep. How much is in the Vatican by the way out of interest? Compassion for the poor in terms of there are homeless people on every street corner in the world? Yeah they are great. Don't you have entire streets there now in certain states homeless and pissing and shitting in the streets? Church doing much about that is it? Or is it gonna be turned into a Democrat issue? 

Personal guidance in how you treat others LOL. ''If you don't believe this you will burn in hell''. What lovely ''guidance''. This is told to children yeah? Lovely stuff, not evil at all. I would rather not be guided by such evil but you crack on. 

The wisdom of christianity, give me a break. Virgin births and resurrection and miracles. Yeah, some real wise thinking going on there. Nevermind that it all defies logic and physics and common sense. It's all ''wise'' now is it? 

There were a lot of these kinds of governments around 2000 years ago were there, or is that trying to make a metaphor, and even turn the story of Jesus into a political issue? This place gets worse.

See ya. Had enough of this shite. I'll let you all go back to echochamber.com.

We will pray for you.....

• Haha 1

Just now, Douglas Buckland said:

Be prepared for backlash re your comment regarding Maggie. Most of the British people I’ve spoken with seem to hate her and don’t give her enough credit for, globally if not domestically, putting the ‘Great’ back into Great Britain.

In my opinion...

Frankly Douglas I don't care if people don't like it whether they're British, American, Chinese or AI

I know she was reviled by the majority in the UK (especially Scotland and the North of England) but history will show ALL of them just what a ballsy (pun intended) leader she was. She fought tooth and nail for this country and sailed it through a war with Argentina, very difficult economic times and scared the living shit out of her European counterparts.

Now there WAS a LEADER not just some career politician but someone who wanted to put the GREAT back into Britain (sound familiar with TRUMP?)

I'm sure the red arrows will be coming my way but I don't care, better overall than Churchill in my book, she took NO sh*t from anyone!

• Like 2

(edited)

Too easy acces to guns is dangerous, but  at the end of the day it is the decision of society and circumstances they live in. In Svalbard everybody needs a gun, there are more polar bears than inhabitants.

Edited by Marcin2
typo
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Marcin2 said:

I was trying to imagine how would drinking parties in Poland look like if we had easy access to guns.

Too dangerous.

Getting gun in Poland is much easier then 20 years ago, but still difficult, safety first.

If you are having issues with people bringing guns to drinking parties, then perhaps you should ban guns and/or drinking. You really can’t fix stupid...

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2