9 minutes ago, Dr.Masih Rezvani said:

i think that i wrote very attractive title

Well, you certainly managed to generate a response! 🙂

6 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

In a lot of ways Trump reminds me of Maggie Thatcher in the 80's (wish she was still around)

Hard as nails, fantastic economically, own country first. He is like a male reincarnation in a lot of respects, apart from the Twitter nonsense.

And I do agree about the Twitter crud, needs to allow the press secretary handle the public.... But I am sure he is a bit of a megalomaniac and just has to have his hands in everything. But overall what he's doing is working. A government is nothing short of a business that should break even, or maybe even make a tiny bit of prophet. Money comes in and there are responsibilities that are to be taken care of with that money, and it should be treated that way. When not enough money comes in then things should be cut until the business is not running in the red. First thing should be the welfare state that has been built over the last couple of decades....

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DayTrader said:

I agree, I'd just rather people said stuff like this instead of constantly comparing. And 2 scoops is unnecessary, let's be fair. And the tall salt cellars.

I forgot about the salt and pepper shakers, oh my god, what to do, what to do. Impeachment is obviously the only answer. maybe a drwing and quartering afterwards. And don't forget, the man has been breathing air as well.....

• Haha 1

On 1/4/2020 at 10:21 AM, Dr.Masih Rezvani said:

Saudi Arabia is really playing a devastating role against Iran. 

Trump killed Iranian commander to escape from impeachment - what I believe. 

But if Iran responds anything, then it will turn to mess in middle east and it will effect on Iranian oil supply.

At home (Uganda) The pump prices are already  up 

14 hours ago, DayTrader said:

You know I've ended about 500 posts with #DT2020 yeah? 

True and I don't even live there right, so shouldn't even have an opinion LOL. What I 'don't care' for is the generalisations that you've just accused me of, of the idea that ANY criticism of Trump in any form, and wherever you live in the world, suggests you must have liked Obama and stuff like this. That's not a sweeping generalisation to you?

I'm not saying all Americans and making sweeping statements, that wasn't the idea if it came across that way and in post to Bob I said this. I said in essence from my experience of admittedly few Americans here, the majority of which are pro Trump, the sense I get is this 'us and them' shit, constantly. If that's a sweeping statement amount Americans here as a whole then fine. It's true LOL. 

I agree and think this all the time. This is the 'us and them' dynamic that I keep mentioning. It's one or the other, and no middle ground is ever possible. This'll sound weird but honestly it's like I have this image of Obama and Trump with some people sometimes, and they each have a rating that goes from 0-100, with 0 being the feet and 100 being their heads. 

Both of them start at 50, and I feel a slightly anti Trump comment makes Trump go from 50 to 30, and Obama from 50 to 70. Does that make sense? Like it's one or the other. And after 2 or 3 comments you must be 100% one of them and 0% the other. That's how it feels man. No middle ground. No consideration one or both have pros and cons, it's just 'No you thought this, so that must mean this' and that's it. 

I'm not saying this as a dig, I genuinely want to know if this is how it is there, as it comes across this way to me a lot seriously. If it's at all true, it explains the divisions there, that have now reached a point you're trying to remove your own president. If this is a sweeping statement then fine, but you're just all pissed off coz we are more intelligent than you lol   ... generalise that   😅

Make that whole 'forum' and I agree. 

You mean you're not running? #DT2020

Where did I make a generalization against you? I think you're mixing me up with someone as I haven't even said 'Obama' this thread (other than right here - oh, and the lack of nuance comment.)

As far as the 'lack of nuance' in the US - this happens among certain groups, particularly the under-educated. I've been seeing it more and more recently even among the educated, however, as political tensions have risen dramatically and people become massively uninformed by listening to the MSM here. That rise in uninformed masses had started to frustrate even informed people who then overreact. (I say overreact, but it's quite easy to understand why they react how they do...) 

14 hours ago, DayTrader said:

I agree, but it proves the 'us and them' of your own press yes? (or am I wrongly assuming the NYT article is seen as a positive, and it's actually a dig at Trump?). Either way, your fake news and press is a joke, like your TV channels, presumably radio and so on. See a pattern? Us and them mate. The USA is anything but 'U' from what I can tell.

That's not 'us vs them' in our press  both articles are anti-Trump. He's getting beat up for being a war president against his campaign promises, and in the same news thread getting beat up for not being strong enough with his response to Iran. Both Politico and NYT are notably left-wing media.

And that's where I say it doesn't matter what he does, they're going to attach him for it.

And I'd agree - we're very far from United. The fake news is trying to drive a wedge into the US populance, and it's working because people aren't informed enough to see through it (or they intentionally allow their bias to blind them)

11 hours ago, Papillon said:

@Otis11 , I cannot help but notice that you laughed at this post and indeed were the only person to do so. When you misread a 'joke' about the 9/11 attacks and commented on myself rewarding the comment with a trophy, you were outraged that someone could make a joke about such a thing yes?

So would you care to re-evaluate your position with regard to bias and hypocrisy here, when it appears fine and amusing to you to imagine the deaths of thousands of innocent people by nuclear bombs? Presumably, as always, as I need to keep pointing out, it is one rule for some and another rule for others? Or is death only amusing when it occurs to other nation's citizens?

Hi Papillon,

I missed the part where the 9/11 comment wasn't a joke, and apologized for mis-reading it and overreacting as it was meant as a sincere comment. This is clearly a joke and got a reaction as such.

There's also a difference between making a joke about real life tradgedies and making a joke about things that are never going to happen. (If this, or anything close to this actually happened, it would cease to be comical)

If China made this same joke about Taiwan (or Hong Kong), it would be a similar situation. Not sure if I would find it funny or not - especially since I've now already seen it and it wouldn't ahve the surprise factor - but I don't know that I'd have any particularly negative reaction either, even though it's against my preference. (I tried to pick Germany or the US as the source, but I couldn't think of a parallel example that was fair to both the 'hostile' nation and the 'receiving' nation...)

11 hours ago, PE Scott said:

Just a little friendly jab. Admittedly, you do refute almost everything I say. If you agree at all, I think you just ignore me :) I'm not sure that's ever happened though. Perhaps I've agreed with you on a couple occasions. 

And yes, none of us have any real skin in the game so the impact of any of this is almost meaningless by comparison to people living in the region.

Trump might have stoke a fire a little, but he certainly didn't light it.

Edit: isnt there a Billy Joel song that goes something like that "we didnt start the fire....lalalala....it benn burning since the world was turning"

https://youtu.be/eFTLKWw542g

11 hours ago, 0R0 said:

People support him fiercely despite the orange bully clown persona, because he is actually doing things that help economic development (except opposing immigration)

I like everything I've ever seen you post here, but this statement is factually in error. You've fallen into the MSM trap (purposefully laid) of conflating illegal immigration, which Trump opposes with legal immigration, which Trump supports. From an economic perspective, illegal immigrants do far more harm than good, although the DNC and their apologists in the MSM and "think tanks" have tortured the data to "confess" that there might be some good from it. Bottom line, there isn't. The Pygmalion prophecy that no one else will do "that work" that illegals do is self fulfilling, since illegals continually push down the pay that economics would otherwise require be supplied to fill the void. 

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Bob D said:

Come on!  I don't want you to care who I voted for and I could not care less if anyone cares about my politics.

Take a quick poll on this site and I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts (American cuisine) that the non-Americans liked Obama better than Bush and/or Trump.  Why - Obama was a globalist.  America's reaction after 2 terms was "Trump".  Why - America first. 

Therefore - stating Non-Americans align with Democrats isn't far fetched at all.  It absolutely defines the cabals in the US Foreign Affairs threads.

That's all I'm saying.  just sayin'

QFT

309A795E-26E5-41E5-93FA-92082FE5F6EE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, 0R0 said:

That was precisely what people were feeling and why Trump got elected.

The depths of destruction left by the errors (or deliberate sabotage) of the financial regulatory system in the US and its counterparts at the BIS - where the collection of idiocies called "Basel III" were passed (and adopted into internal US and EU law), has been clear to Americans and was ignored by the media, government and most of all, those same cads at the Fed who enabled the China bubble that ate everyone's lunch. 

The Carter era like sense of "malaise" was palpable. Trump offered  a path, most of which is workable and is economically and  geopolitically  correct. To use the shale gas and oil revolution to the US' advantage in rearranging trade relationships, military alliances, and the extent of  US involvement in being global cop. He finally picked up the Neo Con idea that China intends to be a successor to the US as global hegemon and that is an existential threat to the US over time. My main issue with him is the emphasis on opposing immigration in policy, and his misogynist and racist expressions and bully tactics in his personal behavior in public. As the intellectually lazy and single track person he is, many say hold your nose and vote for him, because the alternatives are simply more of what buried us in the hole in the first place. 

People support him fiercely despite the orange bully clown persona, because he is actually doing things that help economic development (except opposing immigration) as opposed to the opposition that do things to promote their own power and just claim to produce a benefit. 

President Trump does not oppose immigration. He opposes invasion by illegal aliens. He wants merit based immigration which is indeed the most rational policy. He also wants to end the anchor baby policy which is being very purposely and widely used by many thousands of pregnant women from all over the world. 

I don't know how you came up with Trump having a single track mind when he is an excellent juggler of all the problems the United States faces while outperforming every president since FDR. ( Many would say FDR did a lot of damage though, I don't know). 

What racist expressions? President Trump has helped Blacks and Hispanics more than any President since Harry Truman IMHO. Trump is also expected to pick up many percentage points from minorities in the next election.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

If you are having issues with people bringing guns to drinking parties, then perhaps you should ban guns and/or drinking. You really can’t fix stupid...

Funny joke about that Doug.

What happens when you get 5 guys together drinking? They'll start a fight...

What happens when you get 5 stoned guys together? They'll start a band...

13 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

I have (temporarily) taken his place in the effort to constrain you.  Ron needs a break from the British, anyway. 😊

I am still beaming about Boris getting the doable job done although I would have prefered Farage to have been more successful. I just watched a good old British movie last night. Charles Laughton, Tyrone Power, and the German vamp, Marlene Dietrich that kept John Wayne busy during WW2. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, DayTrader said:

Like every nation on the planet puts themselves first LOL?

Love it when Americans say this like it's some grand statement. 

''Make America Great Again'' - translation = you are not great?

Thought so  ;) 

What you don't understand is that is used to BE great. I got out of school, got a job in a machine shop and learned a trade. I even had classes through Penn State University as part of the training. Now? Nothing is like that anymore. Manufacturing was chased away by greedy politicians that I am sure were filling their pockets with money from other countries to send mfg overseas. Minimum wage used to be livable, 30 years ago. Not today, no way in hell you'll be able to support yourself on minimum wages in this day. And a mfg job paid a lot better than MW, but that's all gone now. And we had a manufacturing powerhouse that was awesome, but not today.I really don't think you could adequately support a car on that much less an apartment or other place to live.... Now we have someone that wants to bring back some of that greatness, and every bastard democrat is hell bent on destroying him, even though his policies are doing wonderful things for us, the working class. And all of you that make remarks against him strike a nerve that is getting pretty raw right about now. Put y'all's two cents in for the cause, are you tired of hearing Trump berated? Are you sick of all the obsessive degradation against him? Those of us that are smarter than rocks and live here in the US know what is going on, so put your yays and whoo hoos up for everyone to see. And even now we have seen that it is obvious that Trump doesn't want a war in the ME, and what does our House do? Pass some stupid resolution trying to limit the POTUS from justifiable retaliation, defense of our people is perfectly justifiable and correct in my view. Not that it will go anywhere but it is proof that they CAN get together and DO something. But since most issues they deal with don't suit the personal interests they drag their feet and nothing ever gets done....

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

15 minutes ago, SERWIN said:

Now we have someone that wants to bring back some of that greatness, and every bastard democrat is hell bent on destroying him, even though his policies are doing wonderful things for us, the working class.

Comedy gold - with apologies to @DayTrader.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Nabakooza Lydia said:

At home (Uganda) The pump prices are already  up 

That'a question I have been meaning to ask. Those of you from other countries, what do you typically pay for gas(fuel) if you own a vehicle?

I just paid 2.059 a gallon for regular unleaded gasoline the other day....

(edited)

22 hours ago, remake it said:

It was classified as a low level mob protest and was not carried out by Iranians but instead by Iraqis so maybe Trump cannot spell IRAN.

You are correct, he can't spell i ran

10000.jpg.b175cb357aeafc69ec8f6619532b41e6.jpg

Edited by SERWIN
ADDED
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

@DayTrader  Would this be a 'there it is' moment? 

2 minutes ago, SERWIN said:

You are correct, he can't spell i ran

Corrected; maybe he needs a spell at Hogwarts.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, BigJets said:

QFT

309A795E-26E5-41E5-93FA-92082FE5F6EE.jpeg

Is he registered to vote yet? Chicago or SF would be great...

• Like 1

(edited)

3 minutes ago, Papillon said:

@DayTrader  Would this be a 'there it is' moment? 

No, China.

Edited by remake it
who put the comma there - surreptitious editing by moderators again Jan?
  • Haha 1

(edited)

In perusing this thread admittedly rather briskly it would appear that some users' views may be better directed toward their fellow Americans? Considering some views have been met by obscenities and statements that certain issues are not their problem, as they do not personally reside in America, then maybe we could save the insults and suggestions for fellow citizens instead?

I fear some users seem to forget that presumably half of their own nation have no respect for their own president, so why they even care what international users' views are anyway is a little baffling to me presently. It is presumably connected to the opinion that they have no right to an opinion in the first place, a wonderful concept by the way in terms of free speech.

As always people are free to assert their view if they agree with the majority I assume. If they do not have the same view, it is stated you have no right to a view as you do not live here? Going by this logic I assume all discussions will soon come to an end regarding China or the Middle East or Canada, as the majority do not live there and so have no right to an opinion? Or is it merely when discussing Mr Trump that this dynamic holds true? If someone could inform me of the rules here regarding these things I would be most grateful.

Users' time therefore would be much better spent trying to convert the views of citizens there that hold a different view, the main reason being they will be the ones voting later this year. Also, as comparisons of parties and previous presidents appears to be some form of hobby to some here, I'm sure this idea will be met with joy and acceptance.

Respectfully, Papillon. 

Edited by Papillon

45 minutes ago, Papillon said:

It is presumably connected to the opinion that they have no right to an opinion in the first place, a wonderful concept by the way in terms of free speech.

Actual members of my own family have fought and died for the rights we hold dear, such as the right for free speech. What exact country do you come from and does that country have a history of sending soldiers to fight and die to protect free speech? If China or Russia or 193 other countries I could name, the answer is no. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

What exact country do you come from and does that country have a history of sending soldiers to fight and die to protect free speech?

Instead of enacting failed regime changes?

• Great Response! 1

5 hours ago, SERWIN said:

Funny joke about that Doug.

What happens when you get 5 guys together drinking? They'll start a fight...

What happens when you get 5 stoned guys together? They'll start a band...

I’ve heard that. A lot of truth is said in jest.😂

6 hours ago, ronwagn said:

President Trump does not oppose immigration. He opposes invasion by illegal aliens. He wants merit based immigration which is indeed the most rational policy. He also wants to end the anchor baby policy which is being very purposely and widely used by many thousands of pregnant women from all over the world. 

I don't know how you came up with Trump having a single track mind when he is an excellent juggler of all the problems the United States faces while outperforming every president since FDR. ( Many would say FDR did a lot of damage though, I don't know). 

What racist expressions? President Trump has helped Blacks and Hispanics more than any President since Harry Truman IMHO. Trump is also expected to pick up many percentage points from minorities in the next election.

He might have a merit immigration system in mind and his focus may be on illegal immigration, But his base and the de facto policy on the ground is xenophobic and restricts legal access. E.g. the agricultural workers who have been coming in for generations every season or the tourism workers who do the same. The number of permits has been cut. 

The racist and misogynist comments are not policy or the effects of policy. It is personal expression. It turned off his business advisory boards and they disbanded.  

As far as economic policies go, FDR did worse for the great depression and the following generations than anyone else. The concentration of power in union hands at the grass roots level and up, and takeover of education have had corrosive effects to this day.. The worst president ever. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

As far as economic policies go, FDR did worse for the great depression and the following generations than anyone else. The concentration of power in union hands at the grass roots level and up, and takeover of education have had corrosive effects to this day.. The worst president

Completely agree. The worst ever. 

I'm not convinced about the advisory boards.  The targeted attacks from the left were unending. No one wants to have their house picketed nor have their food spit on. Several people turned down cabinet posts for exactly this reason. 

• Great Response! 1