9 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Accelerate what nuclear program? Oh would that be the existing nuclear program? 

Yes just like how the Americans last justified invading Iraq because of its WMD program which shows how well some Western intelligence works.

• Great Response! 1

@Raman_Ghavami

#Breaking

Iranian security forces have started shooting at protestors,using live ammunition.

Despite attacks, protestors try to confront Iranian regime's security forces&chanting "The Supreme Leader(Khamenei) is a murderer, his guardianship(power)has no legitimacy.

11:24 AM · Jan 11, 2020

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

Finally.  Media starting to pick up on this.  Over on ZeroHedge:

"Death To Liars!" Iran Swept By Wave Of Protests Demanding Ayatollah Quit Over Airplane Downing

Mass protests have again broken out in Iran at the end of a chaotic week for the country, capped by the early Saturday admission and apology for the military accidentally shooting down a Ukrainian passenger plane, killing all 176 people on board. 

Additionally, it appears that the British ambassador in Tehran, Rob Macaire, was arrested shortly after photographing the protests. Iranian state sources are alleging he was helping to "organize" and incite the protests.

The UK ambassador to Iran Rob Macaire has been arrested during the protests in Tehran on Saturday, Iran's semi-official Tasnim news agency reported.

Macaire was present during the Saturday protests in front of Tehran’s Amir Kabir University and was arrested then, Tasnim’s report said.

• Like 1

An FYI to the enterprising Captain Kirk 

You've chosen to ignore content by Tom Kirkman. Options 

• Downvote 3
  • Rolling Eye 1

Wonder when the so called "open minded" and "fair" self proclaimed "journalists" outside Iran will finally admit that Sausage Salami butchered more Iranian citizens than anyone else and people inside Iran and immigrant Iranians cheered?

PS: Isn't this thread Geopolitics not Oil general?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, footeab@yahoo.com said:

Wonder when the so called "open minded" and "fair" self proclaimed "journalists" outside Iran will finally admit that Sausage Salami butchered more Iranian citizens than anyone else and people inside Iran and immigrant Iranians cheered?

PS: Isn't this thread Geopolitics not Oil general?

Thread now moved to Geopolitics. I hadn't noticed it was in the main Oil forum.

Very liberal / far left Huffpo front page right now.  World opinion has turned against Iran.

Huffpo.png.aff333437523a372a9a383d81bd00fc8.png

https://www.huffpost.com/

• Like 1

(edited)

Sir is this Mr Trump being sarcastic when he says ''the peaceful killing of protesters'', or is it meant to say ''the killing of peaceful protesters'', and his thought processes need a little work? I am 'hoping' it is the former sir?

It is a genuine question, as ''the world is watching'' his potential non - sensical tweets too to be fair.

Edited by Papillon
  • Upvote 1

Yep, it's a weird mis-phrasing by Trump.  But the general idea is gotten across.

• Haha 1

Indeed, quite the 'misphrasing' sir wouldn't you say, as it suggests killing can sometimes be done in a peaceful way, and that if we are to kill protesters it should be done in horrific ways only.

I fear his 'wisdom' is only able to be interpreted by his fans?    /sarc   

(edited)

34 minutes ago, Papillon said:

Sir is this Mr Trump being sarcastic when he says ''the peaceful killing of protesters'', or is it meant to say ''the killing of peaceful protesters'', and his thought processes need a little work? I am 'hoping' it is the former sir?

It is a genuine question, as ''the world is watching'' his potential non - sensical tweets too to be fair.

It is not widely known that after the Kent State University shootings which killed 4 students and wounded 9 others the State charged 25 involved in the protests and obtained several convictions while no convictions were ever recorded against the National Guard officers who did the shooting. 

Edited by remake it
The pen might be mightier that the sword but National Guardsmen had lead in their pencils.
  • Like 1

I see sir. He seems correct then perhaps and these are examples of peaceful deaths I assume? 

I was merely joking and am a stickler for detail. Personally if I was writing something that I knew would be seen by millions of people I would make sure it was grammatically correct and actually made sense. Call me old fashioned. Mr Trump it would seem does not share my view in this. 

I am sure also that if Mr Obama, or Mrs Pelosi or Mr Biden had tweeted a comment like this it would be jumped on and laughed at in an instant. The 'one rule for us, one rule for you' dynamic appears to not apply just to this forum but to the whole nation, as if this were the other way round then Republicans would be making all sorts of amusing memes about the tweet no doubt? 

(edited)

Politicians are communicating a lot, about so many topics, so they naturally make language errors

Edited by Marcin2
typo
  • Great Response! 1

23 minutes ago, Papillon said:

I see sir. He seems correct then perhaps and these are examples of peaceful deaths I assume? 

I was merely joking and am a stickler for detail. Personally if I was writing something that I knew would be seen by millions of people I would make sure it was grammatically correct and actually made sense. Call me old fashioned. Mr Trump it would seem does not share my view in this. 

I am sure also that if Mr Obama, or Mrs Pelosi or Mr Biden had tweeted a comment like this it would be jumped on and laughed at in an instant. The 'one rule for us, one rule for you' dynamic appears to not apply just to this forum but to the whole nation, as if this were the other way round then Republicans would be making all sorts of amusing memes about the tweet no doubt? 

Papillon, you have it bass ackwards.  For 3 years Trump has been endlessly vilified by Mainstream Media and Hollywood, and Obama held up as a paragon of saintliness.  Many Americans are totally fed up with neverending attacks against Trump and against Conservatives in general, while Obama, Clinton and their buddies get a free pass.

This is an oil & gas site.  Most likely, since many liberals and leftists generally dislike the oil & gas industry, there may be more conservatives on this site than liberals.

While I would indeed likely poke fun of the mistake if Pelosi made it, that is an outlier as far as the media in general is concerned. Media says Obama / Clinton / Democrats are wonderful and faultless and Trump / Conservatives evil, ignorant, racist, subhuman garbage.  I push back.

You are free to poke fun of Trump here.  You are free to voice your opinions here.  Others are free to poke fun of Pelosi or Obama or whover they want.  Remake it is free to continue voicing his / its pro-China (and more recently, pro-Iran) comments.  Nobody is actually stopping anyone else from voicing their opinions here.  And calling something hypocrisy can be correct, or it can be partially correct, or it can be a deliberate distraction, a Straw Man head fake.

I've been a Freedom of Speech activist for many years, long before coming to this site.  I encourage dissent.  And I also tend to call out BS when I see it.  If one's viewpoints and beliefs are incapable of a bit of poking and prodding and questioning by others who have differing viewpoints, then perhaps it might be a good idea to step back and look at the bigger picture and see if some re-evaluation is needed.

Memes work, just like a good joke gets others to laugh.  A good meme is mostly visual, with minimal text, and a jarring and amusing idea.  I'm not very good at making memes, but getting better.  And I steal and spread good memes by others.

This one was made yesterday by someone else.  Pointed.

7qj7jveiiz941.jpg.3d30342a1cbfb1dff27e6e7396c20059.jpg

• Great Response! 4
  • Upvote 2

P.S. Trump fixed the tweet wording

20200111_200538.thumb.jpg.114dbb28b6eae9d7107f1dbe95aefce9.jpg

• Upvote 1

(edited)

37 minutes ago, Papillon said:

Mr. Trump suffers froma medical condition since childhood that causes him to mix up words and letters.  You are being exceptionally cruel in making sport of that.  You, in turn, apparently suffer from a medical condition related to old age, and I would urge you to see a doctor that specializes in the diseases of old age.  In English, they call that specialty "gerontology."  I have no idea what that is, in Polish.  

In the interim, your comments here have continued to deteriorate, and have become gratuitously abusive.  Therefore, you now have the dubious honor of being the first person I am "blocking."  No need to respond to me further;  I will not be able to see it.  You have become a "non-person."  Have a nice day. 

Edited by Jan van Eck
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 2

@Tom Kirkman, thank you for staying on top of this fast-breaking story.  I was not aware of the latest developments.  

Just thinking out loud, now would seem a great time to parachute in caches of guns and ammo for the ordinary Iranians. Let them take down that "government" of murderers by force. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Rolling Eye 1

6 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

I've been a Freedom of Speech activist for many years, long before coming to this site.  I encourage dissent.  And I also tend to call out BS when I see it.  If one's viewpoints and beliefs are incapable of a bit of poking and prodding and questioning by others who have differing viewpoints, then perhaps it might be a good idea to step back and look at the bigger picture and see if some re-evaluation is needed.

I couldn't agree more sir, I was merely pointing out that if this were the other way round then the majority of the forum would jump on it. I am glad you agree with this. This was not meant as a criticism particularly, it was a rather sarcastic reference to the fact that if a Democrat had said it, then the insults would be flying here, but when Mr Trump says it you wave it off as a slight 'misphrasing'. I am wholeheartedly with you with regard to dissent and 'calling out BS' as you put it, but I fear that unlike yourself there are many here who are indeed incapable of being 'questioned by different viewpoints' and that is a shame. The result of this incapability is insult and accusation, rather than a consideration one may be wrong, ever, about anything.

For the record sir I have not poked fun of Mr Trump to my knowledge aside from the reference to your tweet above, and even this was a genuine question as to whether he was being sarcastic or not. I have actually praised him for his restraint I believe with regard to the drone incident several months ago, where I assume you will agree his closest friends and advisors could not wait to attack over the matter. 

17 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

While I would indeed likely poke fun of the mistake if Pelosi made it, that is an outlier as far as the media in general is concerned. Media says Obama / Clinton / Democrats are wonderful and faultless and Trump / Conservatives evil, ignorant, racist, subhuman garbage.  I push back.

Fair enough sir but we are not the media here on the site. I see your point about the attacks from the media but you admit yourself if Mrs Pelosi had said it you would make fun of it, and so presumably any Democrat here could make fun of Mr Trump's tweet. What the majority of the media wishes to do or comment about your individual tweet is not relevant to me with respect, as I am basing my opinion and comments on this site alone and not what the media as a whole would be saying. We all know what they are saying and we all know the majority of it is garbage. 

Respectfully, Papillon. 

Significant.  Trumps tweet is the most "liked" Persian language tweet in the history of Twitter.

Waiting to see what the like count is tomorrow.  Will it break 200k "likes" /

2261cc3fa6055290d14c01a9505b6667be8bb5658cd165d3bd64903edbc79170.png.0b6ac08bbeceef9cdb0943315d4a7663.png

dd673e078fb4796e315c6198ebfe1004dda8e42478ad0efd5574e52644da010f.png.b5889aee706c14c82309e1b8fa046e4d.png

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Papillon said:

... Respectfully, Papillon. 

Relax Papillon.  Sometimes I start writing and just don't stop.  Most of my comments are strictly off the top of my head, just whatever comes out my fingers as I type it, in real time.  And sometimes I get too preachy.  Carry on.

• Upvote 1