4 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

@Tom Kirkman, thank you for staying on top of this fast-breaking story.  I was not aware of the latest developments.  

Just thinking out loud, now would seem a great time to parachute in caches of guns and ammo for the ordinary Iranians. Let them take down that "government" of murderers by force. 

I'll back off a bit now on this, as the mainstream media finally effing got its butt in gear and started reporting about these protests. 

As usual, the chans and Twitter were way ahead of the regular media curve on these protests.  Many Twitter accounts get shadowbanned, and the chan forums are not mainstream by any stretch of the imagination, but these protests ended up being too big for MSM to ignore.

Parachuting in guns and ammo would likely spur an even bigger crackdown by the government, and end up in a bloodbath.

This time, ordinary Iranian citizens may be so effing pissed off that they finally throw off the yoke of the crazy religious dictators.  Time will tell.

• Upvote 2

(edited)

Thank you for bringing this information.

Edited by Marcin2
typo
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

@Marcin2, I received a notification that you have put a Red Arrow on my post to Papillon. I do not permit you to do that.  You are now joining papillon as a non-person, and will be blocked by me from this point forward.  No need to respond;  I will not see it in any event. I am sorry it has come to this, but there are limits to what I will put up with. 

• Haha 1

(edited)

44 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

Mr. Trump suffers froma medical condition since childhood that causes him to mix up words and letters.  You are being exceptionally cruel in making sport of that. 

It was a genuine question regarding sarcasm sir. Maybe if you could remove your enormous ego from the situation on occasion and read before you post anything you would make a little more sense. I fear you are unable to do this and maybe always have been?

I have no idea what that is, in Polish.   In the interim, your comments here have continued to deteriorate, and have become gratuitously abusive. 

Comments from yourself such as this are of course not abusive sir? As ever you bring your very obvious hypocrisy, racism and issues with other nations into the equation. This is why you wish to know users' nationalities constantly, as presumably certain nations' views are more worthy than others. 

You, in turn, apparently suffer from a medical condition related to old age

Again, this comment from you is perfectly fine? To be frank sir I would rather have a condition due to age, as then I would have an excuse for my words and actions. Presumably you have no such condition, and so we can all quite logically assume that your only 'condition' is unfounded arrogance and ego, which you appear to prove on a daily basis. 

Therefore, you now have the dubious honor of being the first person I am "blocking." 

Likewise sir and I am heartbroken. Your insults, racism, ego, arrogance, inability to hear an opposing view and moronic statements were such a pleasure    (/sarc)

Incidentally, I find it odd that I am the first person you would block here? I would have assumed that honour went to a 'bot', but of course in your wisdom and apparent intellect, you chat with that user daily and I assume have done for months? 

Edited by Papillon
Ego comment coming within minutes?
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

16 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

I received a notification that you have put a Red Arrow on my post to Papillon. I do not permit you to do that.  You are now joining papillon as a non-person, and will be blocked by me from this point forward.  No need to respond;  I will not see it in any event. I am sorry it has come to this, but there are limits to what I will put up with. 

And there, for all to see, is your enormous ego sir. You have proven it to everyone within minutes. Thankyou very much, not that I needed the help, or anybody here the confirmation. 

Edited by Papillon
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

This time, ordinary Iranian citizens may be so effing pissed off that they finally throw off the yoke of the crazy religious dictators.  Time will tell.

Tom, I don't see it happening unless it is by force of arms.  Will there be a civil war such as occurred in Spain between Franco and the monarchists?  Probably.  Murderous dictators who are driven by ideological "religious" hatreds do not quietly quit and head off to say Kazakhstan, there to retire.  No, they slug it out, shooting their countrymen, until they are captured and executed.  For historical example, I invite you to review Nicolae Ceausescu. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

(edited)

Thank you for posting this.

Edited by Marcin2
typo
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

Tom, I don't see it happening unless it is by force of arms.  Will there be a civil war such as occurred in Spain between Franco and the monarchists?  Probably.  Murderous dictators who are driven by ideological "religious" hatreds do not quietly quit and head off to say Kazakhstan, there to retire.  No, they slug it out, shooting their countrymen, until they are captured and executed.  For historical example, I invite you to review Nicolae Ceausescu. 

Jan, I get what you are saying.  But it has to be the Iranian people who take control of their own destiny.  The Iranian armed forces are likely very demoralized that the Iran military shot down the plane full of Iranians, and likely understand the frustration of Iranians.  

If these protests get the Iranian military to stand down and allow the protesters to speak, the Iranian government is finished.

The "Great Satan" of USA or Israel is not at fault, it is the Iranian government, and the military knows it and the people know it and the government knows it.

Game on.

• Great Response! 2

23 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Relax Papillon.  Sometimes I start writing and just don't stop.  Most of my comments are strictly off the top of my head, just whatever comes out my fingers as I type it, in real time. 

No problem sir, I am the same. 

(edited)

Situation in Middle East is really complicated.

Edited by Marcin2
typo

(edited)

Yeah, this forum is much better with more decorum

Edited by Marcin2
typo
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marcin2 said:

People are pissed off but demonstration is small a few hundred per zerohedge. This will not be uprising. In any country people would show at streets if sth like this happened. Trump and Pompeo are actively working against the demonstration, who has US backing is now a traitor in Iran.

Iran is a theocracy for a an obvious reason (if you think being mostly Muslim is that) and within its borders there will also be people who would like more freedoms so when they get the chance to protest with just cause - eg their leaders stuffed up and not only killed their own but also did not kill enough Americans (is too heavy on the /sarc @Papillon?) - it does seem too good an opportunity to pass up.

• Like 1

(edited)

Theocracy is hinders free speech.

Edited by Marcin2
typo
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

@Marcin2, I received a notification that you have put a Red Arrow on my post to Papillon. I do not permit you to do that.  You are now joining papillon as a non-person, and will be blocked by me from this point forward.  No need to respond;  I will not see it in any event. I am sorry it has come to this, but there are limits to what I will put up with. 

This site needs to remove all tariffs on Chinese-made pots so they can be distributed to the many who post here after finding Trudeau's kettles.

• Like 1

(edited)

Interesting view.

Edited by Marcin2
typo

2 minutes ago, Marcin2 said:

This is standard action when anybody is aggresive and abusive , but not to me only to sb else, I did for the third time on this forum.

I appreciate it sir but rest assured his obvious racism and so on, as mentioned, can be seen by all here, frequently. It is unfortunate though that these comments do not receive the infamous red arrows. 

58 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Significant.  Trumps tweet is the most "liked" Persian language tweet in the history of Twitter.

Waiting to see what the like count is tomorrow.  Will it break 200k "likes" /

2261cc3fa6055290d14c01a9505b6667be8bb5658cd165d3bd64903edbc79170.png.0b6ac08bbeceef9cdb0943315d4a7663.png

dd673e078fb4796e315c6198ebfe1004dda8e42478ad0efd5574e52644da010f.png.b5889aee706c14c82309e1b8fa046e4d.png

Trumps Persian tweet has already passed 200k "likes"

20200111_211723.thumb.jpg.b6ea0bd57c54648047376edf8c8bd817.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1216114167108849665?

7 minutes ago, Papillon said:

I appreciate it sir but rest assured his obvious racism and so on, as mentioned, can be seen by all here, frequently. It is unfortunate though that these comments do not receive the infamous red arrows. 

Between @Jan van Eck & @Otis11 the trade of fletchers' will need to be resumed and good sir this should put the Grate back into Britain.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Marcin2 said:

But why not leave them with their usual, preferred target of other islamists ?

Muslim extermists threat to US is just a narrative and a good one.

You do what you need to do for you, if you are strong enough that you can, not more not less.

Ethical considerations are just like becoming vegetarian, interesting but for me not tasty.

11 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

”But why not leave them with their usual, preferred target of other islamists ?”

Do the attacks, both of them on the World Trade Center, as well as the attack in Paris and elsewhere in Europe and the UK ring a bell with you?

These attacks, and many others like them, were not carried out against “other islamists”, they were carried out against infidels who chose not to follow Islam.

You really should pull your head out of your butt and pay attention...

The purpose of the post WWII US military was to counter the Soviets, but also to prevent the resumption of imperial trade structures of the past that had led to WWI and WWII. The bottom line is that the war countries and anyone else, could line up with the US against the Soviets and enjoy protection of their trade routes. NATO countries got direct protection from Soviet incursions. The post Soviet system has been continued with the US protecting world trade with little benefit while China grew to be the biggest trading partner to all. Instead of joining the world, they reverted to communist party activism taking over and started arming in a big way, while purposely taking over communications technology which they stole from Ericsson. Having reverted to interior focus on power and needing external supplies of commodities to survive, China had promoted itself to be the future hegemon. That is a direct threat to the US and everyone else, particularly since China will never be able to be a hegemon, but it can be an Empire. Which would force Europeans, Japanese and Koreans, and SE Asians and India to form their own empires to control trade with their essential suppliers and their key target markets. That would lead back to the pre WWII condition and cost many of the near 200 countries their independence. 

That is why the Neo Cons and Trump are doing as they are, A new consensus needs to form with the US being paid in mercantile terms to be the global cop, rather than the US footing the bill on its own and NATO enjoying a mercantile benefit from unequal trade relationships where their products enjoyed free access to the US, while US products were taxed if not blocked from entry into their markets.  The situation in the Gulf is one of the few remaining, where an unfriendly regional power is threatening to take everything over. Iran will only be let alone after its theocracy is gone, obliterated domestically or externally. After that, the Saudi and Pakistani role with Jihadis will be pressed against if the US remains part of a NATO successor built around containing China's imperial ambitions.. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Significant.  Trumps tweet is the most "liked" Persian language tweet in the history of Twitter.

Great stuff!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

Great stuff!

Yes the Iranians are retweeting about Trumps hypocrisy in supporting their protests while at the same time crippling them with sanctions.

8 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

Just thinking out loud, now would seem a great time to parachute in caches of guns and ammo for the ordinary Iranians. Let them take down that "government" of murderers by force. 

Jan I presume this statement is a joke?

Or are you seriously advocating thousands get slaughtered?

Trump is rightly trying to stabilise the situation which I think he deserves some credit for, however you seem to be actively wanting a civil war that could escalate into something far worse in the region.

• Great Response! 1

From seeing the ridiculous quote above may I suggest merely 'thinking' and not the 'out loud' part? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Papillon said:

From seeing the ridiculous quote above may I suggest merely 'thinking' and not the 'out loud' part? 

Yes it does beg the question on who is going senile if that is “thinking”!

maybe the accuser is the one who should try some self reflection on this.

• Great Response! 1