2 minutes ago, remake it said:

This is not true at all and the red arrow was specific to you suggesting it's ok for a world leader to justify killing a high ranking national representative on his way to meet the Prime Minister of Iraq and your basis seems to be that Soleimani has blood on his hands which is actually farcical as he was an active member of the military who has been working with the US and other allies to rid Iraq of ISIS.

I have suggested no such thing, that is your interpretation 

(edited)

On 1/13/2020 at 5:11 PM, Rob Plant said:

however with what has happened in Iran/Iraq I think he has done very well in the actions and subsequent comments following the missile attacks.

there has been no civilian casualties from any US actions. There has been no escalation where previous administrations would most likely have troops on the ground now.

Your verbatim words are above, and are a direct consequence of Trumps extra judicial killing of Soleimani, yet you continue to praise Trump for taking no further step to pour more oil onto the fire he started, so is this an inaccurate take?

Edited by remake it
commas added so that DT memory is not invoked

On 1/12/2020 at 6:31 AM, Papillon said:

I know it wasn't sir. Maybe if you had read the thread properly in the first place and removed your head from your ass you would know that. Take another look at what we were discussing sir perhaps? Not everything is about you as difficult as that may be to believe. 

Your use of language rather explains the notion that someone can be 'overly polite' also sir. If you like I will come down to your level?

What is all this about a "rectal cranial positional similarity issue"?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Otis11 said:

His base is Xenophobic? Huh, that's odd, because my in-laws are Hispanic, not born in the US, yet they're supporters. I'd hardly call them Xenophobic... My wife is Hispanic - born in the US, but 100% Hispanic - and she's a supporter.

Those permits were being used to strategically suppress the wages of the American people (bring in more labor supply willing to work for cheap, while demand stays constant, and prices - aka wages - fall. Limit that same supply, and wages rise - as we're seeing.)

And the advisory board members were being attacked in the media and their companies were being targeted. They didn't disband because Trump made a comment they found offensive.

(They also didn't actually disband - they just scrapped the publicly announced program and restructured privately to avoid all the negative attention the militant left was inciting.)

Yes, I have looked at it and the supporters are no racist, they are lets call it economic xenophobes. The permits have been there for decades, and the businesses go under when they can't get the workers from Mexico etc. In ag, harvest and planting by hand is reduced and equivalents are imported from Mexico. The difference in my store is 45% higher prices for those veggies. Where you are absolutely correct is in H1B programs, you want the people on them to immigrate into the country and get a competitive wage.. 

I can't say that I am surprised to have been misinformed about the advisory board. Didn't lift the far left media cloth to look under.

Must agree with many of your comments to others. 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 3:32 PM, Marcin2 said:

The world has significantly changed since 2003 and 2011. US cannot have boots on the ground where it wants, not any longer, not legally. Any invasion in 2020s will cause united backlash of majority of global community. US would loose UN headquarters etc.

Latest 5 years were telling, Russia just grabbed land in Europe and is perfectly fine, in 2018-2019 US conducted tough Cold War against China and China is fine.

China still buys Iranian and Venezuelan oil.

Russia sells oil in EUR

The US doesn’t want any ‘land grab’ such as Russia has executed in the Ukraine, nor does it desire ‘boots on the ground’ as is evident by recent efforts to extract itself from Iraq (not including Kurdistan which desires US involvement) and Afghanistan.

Regarding losing the UN headquarters, most Americans would welcome this! The UN opposes ALL American policy initiatives unless it involves giving money or aid to somebody else. Let someone else provide a UN headquarters and the associated headache.

• Upvote 2

On 1/13/2020 at 2:32 AM, Marcin2 said:

The world has significantly changed since 2003 and 2011. US cannot have boots on the ground where it wants, not any longer, not legally. Any invasion in 2020s will cause united backlash of majority of global community. US would loose UN headquarters etc.

Latest 5 years were telling, Russia just grabbed land in Europe and is perfectly fine, in 2018-2019 US conducted tough Cold War against China and China is fine.

China still buys Iranian and Venezuelan oil.

Russia sells oil in EUR

Russia is being sanctioned.

The US is not reacting militarily because it doesn't care, as per Peter Zeihan. At least not enough to fight back, or even to provide timely support in arms that were promised. The Black Sea is a writeoff anyway, since Turkey turned towards Russia. . 

China is doing what it will and Japan got a year's exemption. It is too big to care what the US thinks since sanctioning it is still off the table because of how intertwined the economies still are, and because retreating back inwards is considered a perfectly fine solution for the Chinese so long as they have an oil and gas supply, which they can get from Russia, to a point. 

The "international community" wants a global tax cartel of governments with a non compete agreement as US domestic oil and gas put it back into position as it was before WWI with the lowest cost production and oil, which ended up with the US sitting on the largest stash of gold reserves, and after WWII when it took all of them. They are afraid of what the capital flows and brain drain would look like when their demographics catch up with them. Before that they were trying to do the same thing expecting the US will protect their oil sources for free because the US needed the oil too. That is why the EMU formed, why the World court came about, it was an attempt to circle the wagons against the perceived empire of the US, then, as now, viewed as dangerously overpowering but then vulnerable due to oil dependence. The US during the cold war accepted EU and Japanese and other exports with little restriction or tariff to bribe the countries into NATO so as to fight the Soviets. Cooperation was real, and they were more afraid of the Soviets than the US. But that didn't stop Europeans from criticizing the US at every turn. All of the former great empires and all of the former colonies recently independent viewed the US through a colonial lens, Europeans envious and angry since they didn't get to keep their empire's holdings after Suez, and suspicious of the US on the former colonial side. .  

In doing calculations of US trade deficits they didn't realize that the actual US borders are around US corporations and they have a much larger surplus than the official US trade numbers. Thus they misread the US dollar reserve system as a means for the US to fleece the world, while it could be so at times, the reality is that this view expired in 1979. The US maintained near the highest interest rates among OECD persistently, who used the Eurodollar system to suppress their currency and gain exports and thus oil, which would happen either with or without a dollar reserve system. Their shenanigans with the Eurodollar system caused the US to receive 10% of its GDP in annual capital flows 2004-2007 due to their pumping their low rate currencies into the system, the overwhelming capital flows drove the US mortgage bubble. The way the US did use its reserve currency after 1979 was to create debt traps on emerging markets or overleveraged OECD countries and then slam them shut with high US rates to suck the dollars back out and leave behind cheap assets for Eurodollar and US capital to buy. The Eurodollar system included all the major EU banks and Japanese banks, Saudi & Co and its sovereign funds.   

Your Eurocentric view is wrong in interpreting motives. The European administrative class is ruthlessly suppressive of criticism and will even take legal action against critical opinions published by credible writers or publications. Free speech in Europe died with the Maastricht treaty and the European Court decision to allow governments to prosecute "blasphemy", interpreted by prosecutors as particularly against the EU institutions, i.e. Lèse-majesté. So you need to look more carefully at actual motives and facts in Europe than you do when reading the US. Redo your research from an American liberal and conservative point of view and from both a corporatist and administrative class point of view. Don't assume that there is any allegiance to truth or justice in any international organization if you don't see it in the domestic ones more beholden to their people. The EU is not a national organization. It was not created by "Europeans" it is a cartel of the administrative classes of European governments against their own people. 

• Upvote 4

On 1/13/2020 at 3:03 AM, Marcin2 said:

Iran does not want a war, Trump the same, not in 2020.

Agressive Iranian or Iraqi actions would not have backing of China nor Russia.

China plays a long game. Russia is relatively weak if on its own so can only act when vital interests are in danger like Crimea or Syria.

Everybody knows about Chinese long game, quiet game. They need 10 years, till 2030 they will play weak and peaceful, because they need peace to have economy stronger than US and technologically independent.

China says: US can have the whole Oceans to police, ours is only South Chinese Lake, it is our Mexico Bay and f**k of Americans. 
And last but not least ours is at the moment 60% of Eurasia, this gives certainty of future hegemony, BRI needs to built infrastructure.

So Iran and Iraq have still to endure 8-10 years of US empire, they waited for much longer already.

US is building a containment around China - still in the works. Philippines are inviting the US back to Subic Bay. Yes, the Chinese scared SE and N. Asia into US allegiance. It is intended to include Thais, Vietnamese, Malay, Philippines India and Indonesia if they are willing and Australia.  

US will leave the Gulf as soon as a new caretaker(s) that is not China or Russia is willing to take over and after Iran's theocracy collapses.

China has an accumulation of 20 years worth of malinvestment to unravel. When it does, with the second half of high earner boomers retiring, its financial system will need to be rebooted as without their savings cash flows the banking system is cash flow negative due to NPLs.. Depending on how well they do it, they will either be shut down behind a new iron curtain like N Korea, or remain open and be torn apart by the same regional economic rivalries.that have kept China a multiplicity of states for nearly all of its history but for short periods like the Mongol occupation or the Communist occupation. Look at Peter Zeihan's analysis of China. 

The technological superiority they seek may actually happen, but the US is operating with 3 mil STEM grads in India, 1 mil. Europeans, 1/2 mil Japanese, and a multitude around the planet. It is a system built of competitive Darwinism and project cooperation. I doubt that China will find it that easy to accomplish even with endless subsidies. If they do appear to be doing so, their top talent will be poached out of the country, if they don't just leave as they do now. And it does require that they keep their economy afloat after their financial crisis. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

US is building a containment around China - still in the works.

An excellent piece of fantasy fiction.

10 hours ago, remake it said:

Your verbatim words are above, and are a direct consequence of Trumps extra judicial killing of Soleimani, yet you continue to praise Trump for taking no further step to pour more oil onto the fire he started, so is this an inaccurate take?

I stand by what I said 

Trump reacted to the MURDER of a US citizen and took retaliatory measures against  the person who he believed gave the order for said murder.

since those actions Iran have shot down a passenger plane killing hundreds of innocent people, that was all started by the original murder!

Since the Soleimani killing Trump has tried to diffuse tensions from that moment on.

i know you won’t agree on any of the above as anything pro Trump or USA you find abhorrent for some reason, I guess maybe some self reflection on this would serve you well for a balanced opinion.

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 2
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Trump reacted to the MURDER of a US citizen and took retaliatory measures against  the person who he believed gave the order for said murder.

How petty in that the US has killed and tortured thousands of Iraqi citizens and one civilian contractor gets killed amid the hundreds of thousands of deaths in the country since 2003 and you stand by a bully who flouts US and international laws - quite disgusting.

• Downvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 2

20 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

i know you won’t agree on any of the above as anything pro Trump or USA you find abhorrent for some reason

You just do not get it do you that there is not even evidence that it was Soleimani that was responsible for the civilian death amid all the killings go on and to this day since Soleimani's assassination Trump and the White House have no basis for what they did - again how absolutely pathetic!

• Downvote 3

(edited)

It must be lovely to live in your naive utopian world

let me know which parallel universe you’re from

Edited by Rob Plant

For the record and I have stated this previously I have never said I agree with the retaliatory action by the US but it is understandable as this was an attack on an embassy and therefore an an act of war.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, remake it said:

You just do not get it do you that there is not even evidence that it was Soleimani that was responsible for the civilian death amid all the killings go on and to this day since Soleimani's assassination Trump and the White House have no basis for what they did - again how absolutely pathetic!

And I presume you are privy to all the latest US intelligence to make this statement?

unbelievable!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

For the record and I have stated this previously I have never said I agree with the retaliatory action by the US but it is understandable as this was an attack on an embassy and therefore an an act of war.

Iraqis protested as a mob - not Iranians - and to construe this as an act of war merely shows how desperate you have become defending a liar, a bully and a murderer.

• Downvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 2

Haha

i did say you never agree on anything pro USA and Trump and here we are

thanks for the confirmation 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rob Plant said:

i did say you never agree on anything pro USA and Trump and here we are

Whether Trump or not does not justify the actions taken but you are happy do condone blatant abuse of another nation's sovereignty and that the abuser's actions were inconsistent with laws so your moral compass is broken.

23 minutes ago, remake it said:

Whether Trump or not does not justify the actions taken but you are happy do condone blatant abuse of another nation's sovereignty and that the abuser's actions were inconsistent with laws so your moral compass is broken.

Nope I have never said I condone anything or any actions, I said the US retaliation was understandable!

46 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

Please read what I actually write and STOP putting words in my mouth.

You state my moral compass is broken when you misquote me and frankly don't know me as a person whatsoever!

Enough of the personal bol*ocks thanks, I believe Selva has already warned some on here recently for that, and it just cheapens your argument.

Again we aren't going to agree, no surprise there really, no point carrying on this nonsense anymore.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

so your moral compass is broken.

One last thing and I will be accused of whataboutism

How is your moral compass with human rights and animal rights (and lets not even get into health and safety) in China? and you refuse to ever comment on them when asked.

I presume you condone these as you have nothing negative to say EVER about China.

I am British and I am happy to recognise that some of our history leaves a lot to be desired and things could and should have been done differently. Today there are many things that need changing such as wealth disparity, homelessness etc. Why can you not do the same about your own country? Or aren't you allowed to criticise for fear of imprisonment?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

You state my moral compass is broken when you misquote me and frankly don't know me as a person whatsoever!

Your posts have been incorporated without alteration and everything you have said is in the thread unless you edit it so you need to deal with the facts (without invoking personalities) and they have been stated whereas you have no evidence for your claims - thus it is clear your moral compass is badly broken.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, remake it said:

Your posts have been incorporated without alteration and everything you have said is in the thread unless you edit it so you need to deal with the facts (without invoking personalities) and they have been stated whereas you have no evidence for your claims - thus it is clear your moral compass is badly broken.

Totally disagree and I have stated why already so not playing that stupid game anymore.

However I am still waiting for your response to this and to see where your "moral compass" lies

11 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

One last thing and I will be accused of whataboutism

How is your moral compass with human rights and animal rights (and lets not even get into health and safety) in China? and you refuse to ever comment on them when asked.

I presume you condone these as you have nothing negative to say EVER about China.

I am British and I am happy to recognise that some of our history leaves a lot to be desired and things could and should have been done differently. Today there are many things that need changing such as wealth disparity, homelessness etc. Why can you not do the same about your own country? Or aren't you allowed to criticise for fear of imprisonment?

I will be interested in your reply

If you don't or you divert from the question (which is your usual tactic) then I am presuming you are actually fearful of being incarcerated.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

”I am British and I am happy to recognise that some of our history leaves a lot to be desired...”

I bet wearing those silly red coats onto the field of battle back circa 1770 rates right up there with ‘some things to be desired’...just saying!😂

This is just me busting Rob’s chops...no comments from the ‘peanut gallery’ required.

13 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

”I am British and I am happy to recognise that some of our history leaves a lot to be desired...”

I bet wearing those silly red coats onto the field of battle back circa 1770 rates right up there with ‘some things to be desired’...just saying!😂

This is just me busting Rob’s chops...no comments from the ‘peanut gallery’ required.

Come off it Douglas you've probably got a couple at home😂

Image result for red coats army

Maybe....but at least I took off those shiny brass button/aiming marks!!!

I wear them during hunting to be seen and hopefully NOT shot!😅

(edited)

17 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Maybe....but at least I took off those shiny brass button/aiming marks!!!

I wear them during hunting to be seen and hopefully NOT shot!😅

Douglas you're missing the point, with all those targets in bright red coats the enemy doesn't know who to shoot first, so in their confused state they are easy picking for the British army!!😊

Edited by Rob Plant