JN

U.S. has squandered $6 Trillion on war in Mideast/Asia since 9/11. For what ? Iraq votes to expel U.S. I say U.S. should oblige them..

(edited)

5 hours ago, Jabbar said:

Ungrateful snobs (and Pediphiles)

not like England that has an economy based on tourist that come to gawk at a bunch of Old English relics of a bygone era. 

16 hours ago, Jabbar said:

Sick. Just like you defend your Pediphile of York Sir Andrew.

You Brits, Dutch and French can solve the Sunni vs Shia 1400 year old "misunderstanding". Good luck.

how about your Tony Blair.  

You hold the moral high ground. NOT !

Jabbar, above are a few examples, yet again, of you judging entire nations on the actions of a few people in the past. I fear you do not realise that you merely sound like an angry, ignorant, racist child. You clearly have an issue with most nations from what I can see and seem to think the UK has around one hundred citizens, and therefore I know Mr Blair and royalty personally. 

5 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

You are an avid British hater who has nothing good to say about the country or its history. Or are you just being hypocritical?

True and yes. More of the infamous picking and choosing here. 

Pediphile or Pedeophile, Andrew Duke of York is a pervert however you spell it. 

I agree sir, but please remind me where Mr Epstein was from? Based on your wisdom and deluded thought processes we can now all judge the American citizens based on his behaviour can we not? Or is this yet another case of you picking and choosing? As I need to keep stating, you prove my points with every touch of your keyboard. Please feel free to bring up the crimes of the odd Brit, as if you have a point, as it is your best comedy, though not for the reasons you hope.

Then how about all the shifty deals Tony Blair after office his " consulting Firm"  were in with Libya and Ghadaffi ?  Didn't Tony also set up  Global Fund , just like Clintons to sell influence ?

Another beauty here, mentioning the crimes of a Brit and then an American. You seem to have an issue with the British and so bring up things like this to prove what exactly? The morals of all the British are to be judged by this one man's actions? Presumably the American you mention does not apply to your racist moronic formula? Please ponder a little before writing sir, rather than mere angry racism, It will do you the world of good and quite possibly make sense.

3 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

I have never seen "a sense of entitlement" in fact he is super respectful in his responses that I have seen and shows no arrogance. He replies with "sir" but you take this as being an old fashioned colonial way of speaking (ie British Empire stuff) when it is not meant in that way at all but only out of respect to his fellow posters who he debates with.

Thankyou sir and yes I agree, although he has an issue with today's Britain and the Britain of the past. 

4 hours ago, Jabbar said:

Not a British hater. Just need to put Papillon in his place.  He attacks me personally rather than debate an issue.  

He has an arrogance and sense of entitlement.  

Actually, the British are the best of the EU lot.  

You realise that since my first post you have attacked my language, my nationality, my username, my age, and any British person in recent history you can think of that you saw in the news? Do you realise what you are writing half the time or has the whisky become an issue again? I note you have an issue now with an entire continent too. Your use of the word 'arrogance' does not do the word 'irony' justice, and I would suggest you research the meaning of the word 'entitlement', as it appears to mean the precise opposite of what you think.

Edited by Papillon
Educating a racist child.

(edited)

4 hours ago, James Regan said:

in the words of the bard DT “just saying like”

Just sayin'

No need for the 'like' mate, I ain't a scouser ...

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, DayTrader said:

Just sayin'

Ok it’s official I own it with the like at de end and all dat aright lah?

• Haha 1

K bruv

(edited)

1 hour ago, Papillon said:

Jabbar, above are a few examples, yet again, of you judging entire nations on the actions of a few people in the past. I fear you do not realise that you merely sound like an angry, ignorant, racist child. You clearly have an issue with most nations from what I can see and seem to think the UK has around one hundred citizens, and therefore I know Mr Blair and royalty personally. 

True and yes. More of the infamous picking and choosing here. 

I agree sir, but please remind me where Mr Epstein was from? Based on your wisdom and deluded thought processes we can now all judge the American citizens based on his behaviour can we not? Or is this yet another case of you picking and choosing? As I need to keep stating, you prove my points with every touch of your keyboard. Please feel free to bring up the crimes of the odd Brit, as if you have a point, as it is your best comedy, though not for the reasons you hope.

Another beauty here, mentioning the crimes of a Brit and then an American. You seem to have an issue with the British and so bring up things like this to prove what exactly? The morals of all the British are to be judged by this one man's actions? Presumably the American you mention does not apply to your racist moronic formula? Please ponder a little before writing sir, rather than mere angry racism, It will do you the world of good and quite possibly make sense.

Thankyou sir and yes I agree, although he has an issue with today's Britain and the Britain of the past. 

You realise that since my first post you have attacked my language, my nationality, my username, my age, and any British person in recent history you can think of that you saw in the news? Do you realise what you are writing half the time or has the whisky become an issue again? I note you have an issue now with an entire continent too. Your use of the word 'arrogance' does not do the word 'irony' justice, and I would suggest you research the meaning of the word 'entitlement', as it appears to mean the precise opposite of what you think.

@Jabbar Heres a starter for ten and no conferring - Which Premiers son attempted to overthrow an African colonized nation with an attempted coup-de-etat and then fled to the USA- This carries a full bonus of 15Points.
This is one that I’m sure even the gentleman @Papillon will enjoy a proper debate on.

Edited by James Regan
Bamber in the house
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1

(edited)

5 hours ago, James Regan said:

IMO this is THE LINE I personally will STFU if nothing major comes of this. As for me hating the Middle East most journey men and women on OP know my love and affiliation to the region.

in the words of the bard DT “just saying like”

5 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

@Papillon 

Keep drinking the Scotch, I now prefer the smokey/peaty ones such as Laphroaig, Talisker and Ardbeg, if you haven't tried them I recommend you do.

I agree. You are a man of impeccable taste.

Edited by Jabbar
  • Like 1

(edited)

DT

I was talking about the elites in the U.S. 

I am very critical of the U.S.  The thing is if you have to pick the fairest option for now I would have to pick the U.S. 

Do you think Andrews buddy Epstein committed suicide ? Deadmen don't talk. 

I'm anti blowhards, sanctimoneous,   entitled elite know-it-alls.  Especially ones that put on an act as an older English Country Gentleman.  Nobody talks like that .  .   Sir . . Sir . . Sir crap

What happened you lost your sense of humor . The world has lost its sense of humor.  

Let me ask you since Papillon won't answer. Do you think U.S. should stay or leave Iraq ?

Do you think Suleimani is a terrorist or a martyr ? Or something else.  

Just because Suleimani puts on an Iranian uniform shouldn't excuse him for imprisonments, torture, and murder of thousands.  He's a terrorist and murderer.  

European jump on every word out of Trump's mouth.  It's very easy to criticize.  So go ahead laugh at Trump   criticize him and his country.  

I thought it was just the U.S. Democratic Party that had Trump Derangement Syndrome.  I guess it spread to Europe .

Europe won't be laughing when U.S. pulls out of NATO.

Europe won't be laughing if U.S. Pulls out of Middle East.  

Europe won't be laughing when U.S. puts a reciprocal 25% tariff on German vehicles and car parts.

But ya know DT , Trump won't do that.  It's not his nature. He believes in loyalty. Even if U.S. partners never pay their fair share (or even 10% of their fair share).

He may at times be obnoxious, bombastic or even rude . . . but you have to appreciate how he calls it like he sees it .  .  .  .  .   and he won't be played as the fool like Bush and Obama .  .  .  . 

.  .  .  .  and he's holding all the cards

PS The Royals have Pediphile (or is it Pedophile or Pedeophile) in the family.  Makes you proud to be Brit, huh ? 

Edited by Jabbar

21 minutes ago, Jabbar said:

DT

I was talking about the elites in the U.S. 

I am very critical of the U.S.  The thing is if you have to pick the fairest option for now I would have to pick the U.S. 

Do you think Andrews buddy Epstein committed suicide ? Deadmen don't talk. 

I'm anti blowhards, sanctimoneous,   entitled elite know-it-alls.  Especially ones that put on an act as an older English Country Gentleman.  Nobody talks like that .  .   Sir . . Sir . . Sir crap

What happened you lost your sense of humor . The world has lost its sense of humor.  

Let me ask you since Papillon won't answer. Do you think U.S. should stay or leave Iraq ?

Do you think Suleimani is a terrorist or a martyr ? Or something else.  

Just because Suleimani puts on an Iranian uniform shouldn't excuse him for imprisonments, torture, and murder of thousands.  He's a terrorist and murderer.  

European jump on every word out of Trump's mouth.  It's very easy to criticize.  So go ahead laugh at Trump   criticize him and his country.  

I thought it was just the U.S. Democratic Party that had Trump Derangement Syndrome.  I guess it spread to Europe .

Europe won't be laughing when U.S. pulls out of NATO.

Europe won't be laughing if U.S. Pulls out of Middle East.  

Europe won't be laughing when U.S. puts a reciprocal 25% tariff on German vehicles and car parts.

But ya know DT , Trump won't do that.  It's not his nature. He believes in loyalty. Even if U.S. partners never pay their fair share (or even 10% of their fair share).

He may at times be obnoxious, bombastic or even rude . . . but you have to appreciate how he calls it like he sees it .  .  .  .  .   and he won't be played as the fool like Bush and Obama .  .  .  . 

.  .  .  .  and he's holding all the cards

PS The Royals have Pediphile (or is it Pedophile or Pedeophile) in the family.  Makes you proud to be Brit, huh ? 

Interestingly enough Muhammad, St Augustine and Ghandi were all child lovers and very open about it, so based on that we don’t have to single out the Brits, Many great Arabic poets glorified homosexuality with boys eg Abu Nuwas ‘O the joy of sodomy! So now be sodomites you Arabs…Turn not away from it-therein is wondrous pleasure. 

What a sad thread to have to educate someone, read a book and don’t go there....

• Like 1

(edited)

3 hours ago, Jabbar said:

The Royals have Pediphile (or is it Pedophile or Pedeophile) in the family.  Makes you proud to be Brit, huh ? 

Yet again, more racism and judging an entire country on ONE family.  @Selva  @Tom Kirkman , am I out of line here? This is just dumb racism now. 

It's very easy to criticize

Especially when an ignorant racist yes. I agree at last. So much for your resolution of being polite.

The world has lost its sense of humor.  

Maybe your 'humour' is not as good as you think? 

Edited by Guest

Temporarily locking this thead for a couple hours, to let people cool down.

Better to have a thread discuss topics and issues and competing viewpoints in a feisty and amusing manner, rather than toss around heated opinions about other members here in an increasingly vitriolic manner.

Time out to calm down.

/ edit    thread unlocked.  Play nice please.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Keep drinking the Scotch, I now prefer the smokey/peaty ones such as Laphroaig, Talisker and Ardbeg, if you haven't tried them I recommend you do.

Look at the results of the 2019 Whisky competition - I would highly recommend Ardbeg.  Talisker didn't win any awards and neither did Laphroaig (not even in Islay category). 

2019-IWC+Official+Results.pdf

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Hotone said:

Look at the results of the 2019 Whisky competition - I would highly recommend Ardbeg.  Talisker didn't win any awards and neither did Laphroaig (not even in Islay category). 

2019-IWC+Official+Results.pdf 1.85 MB · 0 downloads

yep each to their own, but i was being specific about the smokey ones, Glenmorangie and Glenfiddich both good though.

I did forget one of my favourites,Lagavulin

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

yep each to their own, but i was being specific about the smokey ones, Glenmorangie and Glenfiddich both good though.

I did forget one of my favourites,Lagavulin

Glenmorangie and Glenfiddich aren't smokey.  Laphroaig used to be one of my favourites.  I bought a bottle of cask strength and found the iodine taste too strong and stopped drinking it since.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Hotone said:

Glenmorangie and Glenfiddich aren't smokey.  Laphroaig used to be one of my favourites.  I bought a bottle of cask strength and found the iodine taste too strong and stopped drinking it since.

Yes I know but Glenmorangie won the best whisky in your link! I was just saying they are decent single malts.

Yep I agree Laphroaig used to be my favourite but the cask changed it for me too.

My current favourite is Talisker Storm

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, DayTrader said:

Just sayin'

Perhaps a ‘scouser’ wannabe?🤔

On 1/5/2020 at 10:49 PM, Jabbar said:

Imagine what $6 Trillion spent on domestic U.S. priorities could accomplish. Rebuild infrastructure as in bridges, roads, schools, housing, etc.

I am all for peace in the Mideast however Trump will never succeed while Xi Jinping , Putin , and Pelosi will disrupt any attempt Trump makes to better America or the World. 

Europe and Asia loves the fact U.S. spends trillions to police the world protecting their oil deliveries and any aggressions toward their countries.  But ask them to chip in and they're mum.  I say screw them.

It's a shame .  The world would be a much better place if the United States were "united".  Trump accomplishments are what the U.S. Democrats fear. 

More so then ever before EVERYTHING is about the U.S. Presidential Election and Barr/Durham investigations. 

Trump would have a 100% complete Chinese Trade Agreement, North Korean Nuke Agreement, and possible Iranian Nuke Agreement if not for the hatred for Trump by Pelosi and Company. 

U.S. exit from Iraq would cause problems for many.  Iraq would become a satellite of Iran.  Probable civil war in Iraq.  The Shiite majority of Iran/Iraq would then stir up trouble in SaudiArabia emboldening the 25% of the Saudi population that are Shiite minority in the east.  Probably overthrow the House of Saud.  Israel would be the next to go . . .  if it hasn't already.  

CHINA , ASIA, EUROPE WILL BE PAYING $150 BARREL FOR OIL.  

WORLD WOULD GO INTO WORLDWIDE ECONOMIC RECESSION/DEPRESSION.  

U.S and RUSSIAN OIL COMPANIES WOULD MAKE RECORD PROFITS .

Or. . . . maybe China, Europe and Russia would say enough of this crap and join Trump in leaning on Iran to cut the crap and join the civilized world.

The Sunni vs Shiite fight has been going on since 632 AD.   It's getting a little tiring. 

If Iran limits retaliation to some cyber attacks on U.S. Companies and Government agencies, as opposed to killing Americans, something good may come out of this.  

Anybody can criticize .  At least Trump is trying.  You have to break  a few eggs to make an omelet.

$6 trillion........ 

Assuming Operations Enduring Carnage and Mayhem were about western energy security imagine what the US could have done with $6 Trillion invested in Nuclear , Renewables, Efficiency and Research. 

It beggars belief. 

• Great Response! 1

22 minutes ago, NickW said:

$6 trillion........ 

Assuming Operations Enduring Carnage and Mayhem were about western energy security imagine what the US could have done with $6 Trillion invested in Nuclear , Renewables, Efficiency and Research. 

It beggars belief. 

It was never going to happen.  Nuclear , Renewables, Efficiency and Research doesn't have a powerful lobby like the military industrial complex.

• Upvote 3