JN

Should U.S. request extradition of Prince Andrew for trial as a Pedophile ?

6 minutes ago, James Regan said:

@SERWIN I just came back from Texas, dude I live in Brasil where they think they do the best BBQ (Churrasco). You guys who cook BBQ as a hobby I take my hat off to you, I ate some of the best food in my life during this trip, ribs to die for and a piece of Skirt (which is considered 2nd Class cut here) in fajitas all prepared by a dude, my wife is Brasilian and who are very proud of their beef and churrasco was blown away, now I have to learn how to BBQ Tex-Mex style.

As you state above you don’t need sauces but after years of just salted BBQ I am now on a traditional US style, to add you guys have a chain of Brasilian BBQ joints called Fogo do Chão (Fire on the floor) this is the tradicional Gaúcho style from the South of Brasil.

Any way thanks my mouth is watering again.

Oh Happy Birthday Kris or @DayTrader

I actually have rubs made with different spices, one for brisket and one for ribs. The flavor is so good everyone eating starts crying, cause they know it will all be gone soon. My briskets usually have a smoke ring about 1/2" deep, around 12mm for you metric crazies in Europe.

Speaking of which, why does GB use MPH on the roadways but use MM for manufacturing? Seems like an odd mix. If y'all were to go kilometers per hour, a lot of people would think they were going faster....LOL

39 minutes ago, SERWIN said:

I actually have rubs made with different spices, one for brisket and one for ribs. The flavor is so good everyone eating starts crying, cause they know it will all be gone soon. My briskets usually have a smoke ring about 1/2" deep, around 12mm for you metric crazies in Europe.

Speaking of which, why does GB use MPH on the roadways but use MM for manufacturing? Seems like an odd mix. If y'all were to go kilometers per hour, a lot of people would think they were going faster....LOL

Nah we use both Serwin

we olduns know what feet and inches are don’t worry! Not sure birthday boy is old enough though.

because of those bloody Europeans we have to have 2 systems, crazy!

• Haha 1

(edited)

52 minutes ago, SERWIN said:

I actually have rubs made with different spices, one for brisket and one for ribs. The flavor is so good everyone eating starts crying, cause they know it will all be gone soon

I fear they may be holding back the truth sir and your spices are simply too strong for your dining guests and make them cry. They are maybe too polite to say so, and despite your conclusion, in reality they actually cannot wait for the meal to end and reach for some water?  /sarc

Edited by Papillon
  • Haha 1

(edited)

16 minutes ago, Papillon said:

I fear they may be holding back the truth sir and your spices are simply too strong for your dining guests and make them cry. They are maybe too polite to say so, and despite your conclusion, in reality they actually cannot wait for the meal to end and reach for some water?  /sarc

Maybe that is the case sir, I had never thought about it that way. My BBQ sauce can strip paint off cars I believe, it is that hot, so maybe someone with a weaker constitution can't handle the fire coming from the kitchen..... And there is always a lot of cold beer around for them to quench with. Maybe they should start drinking before eating to do a preemptive strike on the heat from the sauce, or maybe be inebriated enough to handle their hair on fire so the heat in their mouths doesn't bother them?

Edited by SERWIN
ADDED
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SERWIN said:

If you grew up during the semi change from imperial to the metric system you get them both down pat. In my apprenticeship we used imperial with our tapes but a decimal point system with verniers etc, in reality the imperial system using just your eye was more accurate but as soon as digital verniers appeared it was a no brainer. One interesting point which makes complete sense is when measuring drillpipe it’s measured in feet and inches but a drilling ft has only 10 inches to it. As far as I know a US foot has 12 inches correct?

A US Barrel of oil is 42 gallons and an imperial Drum is 45 gallons.

It screwed a lot of older people up when we joined the EU and had to change from pounds to kilos and pints to liters, maybe now we can go back to the old ways.

You don’t want to know about our old money before 100 units to a pound FFS 2/6 plus a halfpenneth, tanners etc 😱

15 hours ago, James Regan said:

Just to add to above before any other Europeans want to jump on the bandwagon like the Dutch for example who did get there before the Mayflower the first boat was full of pissed off Brits (American militants although they didn’t know It at the time) which moved to Holland and then shifted to the land of hope.

God Bless the queen and all her subjects.

What a nation for being a piss pot in the middle of the North Sea this cant be disputed the rest I am open to a discussion and will agree with everything 🤔😎😂

Always had you in mind @Jan van Eck 👊🏻👊🏻

• Great Response! 1

15 hours ago, James Regan said:

If you grew up during the semi change from imperial to the metric system you get them both down pat. In my apprenticeship we used imperial with our tapes but a decimal point system with verniers etc, in reality the imperial system using just your eye was more accurate but as soon as digital verniers appeared it was a no brainer. One interesting point which makes complete sense is when measuring drillpipe it’s measured in feet and inches but a drilling ft has only 10 inches to it. As far as I know a US foot has 12 inches correct?

A US Barrel of oil is 42 gallons and an imperial Drum is 45 gallons.

It screwed a lot of older people up when we joined the EU and had to change from pounds to kilos and pints to liters, maybe now we can go back to the old ways.

You don’t want to know about our old money before 100 units to a pound FFS 2/6 plus a halfpenneth, tanners etc 😱

I did grow up when every one was saying that everything was going metric, so I learned how to convert dimensions. Workiing in machining you have to, some customers use inch and some use mm so it is mandatory that you are able to convert. Of course if you can't convert or do the trig all you are is an operator... Kilos are easy, 2.2 lbs per kilo, 25.4 is the magic number for inches to mm and vice versa, Don't know about the money thing, but I'm sure it was ridiculous when it started. And yes, a foot is 12 inches, a yard is three feet, etc. Gas is sold over there by the liter, but over here it is by the gallon. What about food? We get milk by the gallon but bottles of soda etc are liters. No consistency....

• Like 1