James Regan

10 Rockets hit US Air Base in Iraq

1 hour ago, remake it said:
1 hour ago, Rob Plant said:

I have been to Cuba and it is a total mess regarding infrastructure

True as a result of sanctions 

How can it be wrong on all counts?

You agree with me on sanctions, see above!

Regarding regime change being down to the UN that is very fanciful and you know this will never happen.

What are your views on Russia's land grab of Crimea from the Ukraine? its not all "bad Americans" you know. Was that justified?

What would you have proposed the Allies did against Germany then? Tell them off sternly?

Was it wrong to intervene when genocide and other atrocities were being carried out in the Balkans or Rwanda??

There is a lot of criticism for USA involvement in ME as its down to OIL and some criticism IMO is valid, however they intervened in these other conflicts purely to stop these outrages from being perpetuated for the good of the local people. this was all at their own cost both in lives and monetarily.

Personally my view is the world is a safer place with the USA as hegemony, China in its place sends shivers down my spine.

• Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, remake it said:

Wrong on all counts, but keep up your false equivalences.

Remaker why do you have reply with such contempt , does it not become tedious it’s boring to see and annoying, but that’s your code MO. Your not a bot so why act like one, your state of mind and ego has been affected by the false kudos your posts and replies give you. OP is obviously crack for you and will destroy your mind eventually and if you live with other humans how do you interact.

Ask your programmer to add some apathy coding we will all benefit and you will feel a nicer Robert.

Respectfully 

Bill Gates

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

How can it be wrong on all counts?

Regarding regime change being down to the UN that is very fanciful and you know this will never happen.

What are your views on Russia's land grab of Crimea from the Ukraine? its not all "bad Americans" you know. Was that justified?

What would you have proposed the Allies did against Germany then? Tell them off sternly?

Was it wrong to intervene when genocide and other atrocities were being carried out in the Balkans or Rwanda??

There is a lot of criticism for USA involvement in ME as its down to OIL and some criticism IMO is valid, however they intervened in these other conflicts purely to stop these outrages from being perpetuated for the good of the local people. this was all at their own cost both in lives and monetarily.

Personally my view is the world is a safer place with the USA as hegemony, China in its place sends shivers down my spine.

Nazi Germany was also a land grab for oil, Kursk screwed Adolf as he couldn’t secure it then backed off and got hammered at the Bulge. I agree with you better USA than China and lots of similarities between the two major events of last century , we are currently in the middle of WWIII 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, James Regan said:
29 minutes ago, remake it said:

Wrong on all counts, but keep up your false equivalences.

Remaker why do you have reply with such contempt ,

Remake It I have changed my view with interacting with you on here recently, but can you not see how antagonistic your approach often is when you have no argument.

Please as @James Regan says please try to reply with a modicum of respect to your fellow posters

Thanks

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

You ain't alone in that. 

• Like 1

Did Iran honestly target a shepherds house? I don’t believe a word of it, the probability is that these flying skips do not have the hi-tech systems they clame to have. They would have surely targeted a pig farmer.

The rhetoric alone that in the eyes of everyone in the world is that Iran does not have the tech to hit a precision target, so we can expect a hail of flying skips soon with the hope that one may hit something of interest.

I call BS Iran.

• Upvote 3

How dumb do you need to be to shoot down an airliner heading away from an airport and consider it a target. IRG needs to do some OJT , I shudder to think what Iranian air traffic control is like.

DT is looking like a true head of state now, his whole body language has changed he actually looks and sounds like a leader and not a boss.

Just finish the job and let’s get on with it...

• Upvote 1

(edited)

9 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

Completely false as you have chosen to omit what was actually being claimed

13 hours ago, remake it said:

The USA has being applying sanctions to Cuba since the 1950s and they have been crippling on the economy in many regards but wrt regime change the effect has been absolutely opposite.

9 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

How did you miss this statement which was written extra large

11 hours ago, remake it said:

Regime change is not the business of other nations except that some think it is their god given right.

Edited by remake it
Chose not to address Mr Plant's War and Peace of questions

8 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

That type of comment has been addressed many times in these forums and the evidence - not opinion - is conclusive in terms of post WWII events in that the USA has an exceptionally poor record compared to China.

• Downvote 3

See previous message above

• Haha 1

On 1/8/2020 at 3:05 AM, Ward Smith said:

James I'll talk to you here and we'll see if the vermin want to infest here or not. ;)

Now that we've got more info I'm of the opinion this attack was a face saving move by Iran's leadership. They could have used their militias on the ground in Iraq but that would have A) exposed those same militias to destruction and B) would not have created the gravitas they needed to show their citizens that they were doing something. 

If Iraq has even moderately viable anti aircraft or "iron dome" patriot batteries, it's extremely unlikely those missiles could get through. 

Islamic Governments thrive on crisis. Trump / The Great Satan popping the General creates a fantastic crisis to create the smoke and mirrors to obscure the disaster that is the Iranian economy. Likewise the missile attacks are just playing to the crowd. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

How do you get ‘elites’ out of people just coming to work a job or contract in their respective fields and then going back home?

I guess any engineer, accountant or truck driver, working outside of their home country is an ‘elite’. When they return home are they still in the ‘elite’ class?

Apparently all of us working in the international arena, outside of our home countries, are ‘elites’ by your definition. Perhaps we should stay home to avoid being politically incorrect.

The average salary in Iran is like that of a janitor's, so yes they're elite.  

• Great Response! 1

More rockets landing in Green Zone.  

18 hours ago, Zhong Lu said:

To reiterate: the Iranians living in Iran don't see the killing of Solimani as an attack on their government.  They see it as an attack on their existence as a religion and a tribe. Solimani, right now, as I'm typing this, is being glorified in Iranian television as a martyr of Shiism killed defending his religion against infidels. Do I agree with this? No. Do you agree with this? No. But to the Iranian people watching the news, will many of them agree with this? Yes.  And that's what matters if we are to try to predict what happens next.

part of the population maybe. For your average middle class Iranian  Trump has just taken out the bloke who oversaw the murder of 1600 kids involved in largely peaceful protests.

• Upvote 3

(edited)

While Israel is certainly a beneficiary of America’s latest actions, its enthusiasm for America’s entrance into this conflict should be tempered, particularly given the high levels of uncertainty that remain. Iran may yet escalate in ways not seen before. And it is not clear just how far this administration is willing to go or how sustained their response would be. Trump’s intentions for the region – including his willingness to remain in places like Iraq and Syria – are precarious, at best.

Israel, for its part has never sought a full-blown war with Iran. While Israel is eager to see Hezbollah and other proxies defeated, Iran’s nuclear program foiled, and ideally, regime change, it has not been willing to pay the hefty price of accomplishing these objectives militarily, and has settled for deterrence and containment over defeat. The assassination – welcome by Israel though it may be – certainly hasn’t advanced these goals either.

Yes, Soleimani’s death will deprive Iran of its great strategic mastermind, but he has been quickly replaced, and Iran will continue to arm, train and finance Israel’s enemies. With Iran’s retaliatory announcement that it will no longer observe limitations on its enrichment, it is clear that Iranian nuclear ambitions are only progressing absent the nuclear deal. And, for all their divisions, Iranians are now rallying together behind their leadership in unprecedented numbers; war might only coalesce them further.

So while Israelis – publicly and privately – may be celebrating the latest turn of events, these developments may not prove to be quite as auspicious as they may seem.

https://www.jpost.com/Opinion/With-Iran-events-may-not-be-as-auspicious-as-they-seem-613710

Edited by Zhong Lu

8 minutes ago, NickW said:

part of the population maybe. For your average middle class Iranian  Trump has just taken out the bloke who oversaw the murder of 1600 kids involved in largely peaceful protests.

The war continues.  

2 hours ago, James Regan said:

How dumb do you need to be to shoot down an airliner heading away from an airport and consider it a target. IRG needs to do some OJT , I shudder to think what Iranian air traffic control is like.

DT is looking like a true head of state now, his whole body language has changed he actually looks and sounds like a leader and not a boss.

Just finish the job and let’s get on with it...

I assume when you refer to "DT" you mean Donald Trump and not Day Trader. That's not a slight to Day Trader a true leader of men . 

I noticed the same as you watching Trump statement yesterday and talk to press earlier today.  He has much stronger tone and confidence in his statements and demeanor. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

I want results.  Show results and I'll change my mind.  Until then, all of this is propaganda.  

• Haha 1

(edited)

30 minutes ago, Zhong Lu said:

While Israel is certainly a beneficiary of America’s latest actions, its enthusiasm for America’s entrance into this conflict should be tempered, particularly given the high levels of uncertainty that remain. Iran may yet escalate in ways not seen before. And it is not clear just how far this administration is willing to go or how sustained their response would be. Trump’s intentions for the region – including his willingness to remain in places like Iraq and Syria – are precarious, at best.

Israel, for its part has never sought a full-blown war with Iran. While Israel is eager to see Hezbollah and other proxies defeated, Iran’s nuclear program foiled, and ideally, regime change, it has not been willing to pay the hefty price of accomplishing these objectives militarily, and has settled for deterrence and containment over defeat. The assassination – welcome by Israel though it may be – certainly hasn’t advanced these goals either.

Yes, Soleimani’s death will deprive Iran of its great strategic mastermind, but he has been quickly replaced, and Iran will continue to arm, train and finance Israel’s enemies. With Iran’s retaliatory announcement that it will no longer observe limitations on its enrichment, it is clear that Iranian nuclear ambitions are only progressing absent the nuclear deal. And, for all their divisions, Iranians are now rallying together behind their leadership in unprecedented numbers; war might only coalesce them further.

So while Israelis – publicly and privately – may be celebrating the latest turn of events, these developments may not prove to be quite as auspicious as they may seem.

https://www.jpost.com/Opinion/With-Iran-events-may-not-be-as-auspicious-as-they-seem-613710

Taking Soleimani out of Iranian leadership is like . . . . 

.  .  .  .  .  In your American Football a defensive end knocking Baltimore quarterback Lamar Jackson out of the Super Bowl game.  

It will have a substantial impact on Iranian terrorist operational activity.

It also may have created a situation whereby moderate Iranian leaders now have more input.

Edited by Jabbar
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 1/8/2020 at 1:51 AM, James Regan said:

Oh well looks like one of the Iranian missiles hit a Ukrainian Jet liner, Iran was quick to add it crashed due to technical difficulties, no shit a ballistic missile stuck in the turbine will cause significant technical problems.

Iran certainly making news and friends tonight.

The Iran shit show coming to a town near you.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/ukrainian-passenger-plane-with-180-crashes-in-iran/2020/01/07/7e214eb4-31cc-11ea-91fd-82d4e04a3fac_story.html

See I told you so...... I have my sources took you lot and the Canadian Mounted CIA two days, they should have just logged on to OP and followed my thread and saved all this time, they could have been planning a response.

However will Iran admit it.....? I doubt it the USA didn’t in 1988🤔

10 minutes ago, James Regan said:

See I told you so...... I have my sources took you lot and the Canadian Mounted CIA two days, they should have just logged on to OP and followed my thread and saved all this time, they could have been planning a response.

However will Iran admit it.....? I doubt it the USA didn’t in 1988🤔

What did U.S. do in '88 ?

(edited)

20 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

(Jeez, I feel like my endless assertions that Trump has already won the trade war with China are falling on deaf ears.)

if you can't convince people on this far-right, pro-trump, echo-chamber perhaps you are wrong.

I will admit some of the latest numbers show a little improvement on the China trade imbalance but that is far from a victory as the imbalance is still huge. Like they were up 12 to 1 and trump scores one goal; 12 - 2 is not a victory.

Edited by Enthalpic

(edited)

8 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

if you can't convince people on this the far-right, pro-trump, echo-chamber perhaps you are wrong.

I will admit some of the latest numbers show a little improvement on the China trade imbalance but that is far from a victory as the imbalance is still huge. Like they were up 12 to 1 and trump scores one goal; 12 - 2 is not a victory.

The trade war is in early stages.

U.S. 2020 election got on the way.  The agreement signing next week is just a temporary pause.  Act II starts after election.  

If Trump reelected it's gonna be quite entertaining.  Can't imagine Trump unencumbered with no reelection to worry about.  

Additionally, as stated in previous posts he seems to be reenergized after recent victories. 

Edited by Jabbar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jabbar said:

Taking Soleimani out of Iranian leadership is like . . . . 

.  .  .  .  .  In your American Football a defensive end knocking Baltimore quarterback Lamar Jackson out of the Super Bowl game.  

It will have a substantial impact on Iranian terrorist operational activity.

It also may have created a situation whereby moderate Iranian leaders now have more input.

Well that pretty much sums up an opinion that fails to understand what happens in the Middle East and why.