Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PP

Tillerson Seeks A Deal With Erdogan On Syria

U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan met for 3½ hours as both sides try to defuse tensions between the NATO allies.Of course, Syria is topic and U.S. with Turkey are trying to bridge differences over their operations in northern Syria.

For U.S. Turkey is geographically one of the most important countries, so this is something what was I expect: good dialogue and fence mending.

Turkey are playing all sides! One day Putin, the another day Tillerson, last week Balkans group with Serbia,  Bosnia....

Erdogan’s Turkey has deliberately took actions that undermined the security interests of the entire Western alliance including cooperation with Russia. 

The breaks protocol with meeting about 3 hours without a translator?! Now why would he do that? So, unusual in the diplomatic world..

I believe how the oil fields in Syria were one of the topics in their dialogue. What about Afrin?

I expect a deconfliction zone around Manbij, which will avoid direct contact between Turkish and U.S. troops.

Makes sense.The only relevant point is that TR Erdogan couldn't get the US out of Manbij. Which means Turkey army won't be going to Manbij. I believe how he's not stupid to take on the US military...