Tom Kirkman

Swedes Think Climate Policy Worst Waste of Taxpayers' Money in 2019

On 1/18/2020 at 10:49 AM, NickW said:

I have this funny feeling that the Swedish Tax Payers Association have a certain agenda. I suspect if it wasn't climate / environment they would have some other issue to focus on. 

Swedish citizens have voted for climate policy as the worst waste of taxpayers' money, a poll conducted by the Swedish Taxpayers' Association revealed earlier this week.

This may of course influence whether or not their population sample is reflective of the Swedish population as a whole - I somewhat doubt it. 

Nick - I said you're wrong because you misapplied the data. 30% saying it's the worst waste does not mean 70% support as you stated. (That said, they may support a different environmental policy, this can only be applied to the policy currently used)

I have no disagreement that the polling agency may have an agenda, however. (Just doubt they could skew it too much under the guise of a government agency... still significant, but not wholly wrong. Just my perception of Swedish governments though)

Fed's Core Mission Now Includes Climate Change

473806729_climatefed.jpg.00c3b9997ee23c3a8b84480cc1e80c90.jpg

The Fed, ECB, Bank of England, and Bank of Japan have now embraced climate change as part of their mission.

It's bad enough that central bankers are clueless about inflation.

They now want their hands in another thing they do not understand and cannot control even if they did.

Fed's Core Mission Change

Lael Brainard, Chair of the Fed's Committee on Financial Stability, says Climate Change Matters for Monetary Policy and Financial Stability.

So how does climate change fit into the work of the Federal Reserve? To support a strong economy and a stable financial system, the Federal Reserve needs to analyze and adapt to important changes to the economy and financial system. This is no less true for climate change than it was for globalization or the information technology revolution.

To fulfill our core responsibilities, it will be important for the Federal Reserve to study the implications of climate change for the economy and the financial system and to adapt our work accordingly.   ...   ...

Climate Change Essential to Achieving Mission

Brainard was just one of the speakers at the Fed's Economics of Climate Change summit last November.

Mary Daly, San Francisco Fed president has this Q&A in her presentation.

Q: Why is the San Francisco Fed hosting a climate conference? Why this? Why now?

A: The answer is simple. It’s essential to achieving our mission.

Bank of Japan Warns of Climate Change Risks