Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tom Kirkman

Three oil pipeline projects inch toward goal-line for Canada

My usual disclaimer / preamble ... I am generally in favor of increasing oil & gas pipeline infrastructure anywhere in the world, regardless of the countries or politics involved.

That said, I really do hope that Canada can overcome the Climate Armegeddon Panic crowd and move ahead with these pipelines.

From Calgary Herald:

Varcoe: Three oil pipeline projects inch toward goal-line for Canada

On Canada’s pipeline playing field, there have been more head fakes and false starts than at a weekend flag football game. 

But reading through this week’s status report on the long-delayed Keystone XL project, it sure seems like TC Energy Corp. plans to move ahead with the US$8-billion pipeline.

And Thursday’s decision by the Supreme Court of Canada , rejecting a move by the British Columbia government to limit heavy oil moving into that province and control what flows through the Trans Mountain pipeline, is a victory for that project.
More significantly, the three major oil pipeline developments that would expand take-away capacity out of Western Canada — Keystone XL, the Trans Mountain expansion and Enbridge’s Line 3 replacement project — are all gaining traction at the same time.

It’s fuelling expectations a cure may finally be at hand for Western Canada’s pipeline woes.

“This has been the nirvana that everyone has been trying to get to for the last 10 years,” said former TransCanada executive Dennis McConaghy.  ...

Canadian oil frozen under extreme temperatures. A wave of Arctic weather pushing temperatures to -30 degrees Celsius (-22 Fahrenheit) has reportedly frozen some of Alberta’s heavy oil into a solid. That forces producers to blend in lighter oils in order to allow the oil to flow through pipelines, but that increases costs. 

I'm not familiar with this but...... those keystone XL pipes are above ground also??

Canada has created their own woes by their own people. 90% of Canadian oil exports go through the US. They could build their own refineries and pipelines and export fuel instead, keeping that nasty pollution in Canada. But no, Trump, the golfing tweeter decided to put Canada first, not America. 
The new pipeline would put oil received from Canada to over 4 mbpd that the Gulf states would reship to other foreign countries. That’s a tremendous amount of oil unnecessarily endangering our water, land and air. Why? Let’s get into his tax records. After all Trump brags about the art of the deal.

9 hours ago, Boat said:

Canada has created their own woes by their own people. 90% of Canadian oil exports go through the US. They could build their own refineries and pipelines and export fuel instead, keeping that nasty pollution in Canada. But no, Trump, the golfing tweeter decided to put Canada first, not America. 
The new pipeline would put oil received from Canada to over 4 mbpd that the Gulf states would reship to other foreign countries. That’s a tremendous amount of oil unnecessarily endangering our water, land and air. Why? Let’s get into his tax records. After all Trump brags about the art of the deal.

To start a refinery in Canada from ground breaking to handle 4mbd isn't going to work in cost for refinery as opposed to selling to US refineries with the spare capacity. Yes some will go to the gulf refineries (about half) while most will stay upper Midwest refineries. 

Long term, say 30 years, $7 billion dollar pipeline is more cost effective and while there could be spills the tech today can minimize the hazardous oil by way of pressure regulators. Do some reading on pipeline tech today instead of bashing Trump. I am not interested in the political aspect  of politicizing a project of this magnitude. We are still a Capitalist country and investments are made and money to make.

The less we need buy or swap with Mid-East oil nations the better. Canada is our neighbor and I would rather trade with them than folks that want to blow the US up, and its peoples in the name of Allah. That is the WHY truth be told. Best to trade with your friends than you enemies.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

To start a refinery in Canada from ground breaking to handle 4mbd isn't going to work in cost for refinery as opposed to selling to US refineries with the spare capacity. Yes some will go to the gulf refineries (about half) while most will stay upper Midwest refineries. 

Long term, say 30 years, $7 billion dollar pipeline is more cost effective and while there could be spills the tech today can minimize the hazardous oil by way of pressure regulators. Do some reading on pipeline tech today instead of bashing Trump. I am not interested in the political aspect  of politicizing a project of this magnitude. We are still a Capitalist country and investments are made and money to make.

The less we need buy or swap with Mid-East oil nations the better. Canada is our neighbor and I would rather trade with them than folks that want to blow the US up, and its peoples in the name of Allah. That is the WHY truth be told. Best to trade with your friends than you enemies.

We don’t need 4 mbpd from Canada. Apparently you don’t realize the US is a net exporter without any foreign oil. Your anti Allah is misplaced. Why not kill those Allah refineries that refines that Canadian oil. We don’t need any of it. More Republican bs. Why are we importing Russian oil? Venezuelan oil? Trump knows it, you know it but support it. Why? They use that money against our troops. A dangerous game Republicans support.

On 1/17/2020 at 4:49 PM, Tom Kirkman said:

My usual disclaimer / preamble ... I am generally in favor of increasing oil & gas pipeline infrastructure anywhere in the world, regardless of the countries or politics involved.

Time to repeat this again, apparently.

• Upvote 1

On 1/18/2020 at 9:09 AM, Boat said:

I know Trump is a brilliant real estate maven, but why are you of all people letting him live rent free in your head? You hate him so much, evict him. 

TDS on display 24/7

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 2