Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rodent

Ohio to Ban Oil, Gas Entirely?

So.... interesting bit of freaky news. Ohio gubernatorial hopeful Dennis Kucinich, if elected governor, intends to:

• ban all oil and gas drilling in Ohio (yeah, all)
  • employ eminent domain to seize control of all oil and gas wells and shutter them
  • deploy highway patrol to stop and turn away any vehicles that posess fracking waste
  • subsidize health screenings for residents who live near fracking sites
  • use data from the health screenings to file class-action lawsuit against fracking companies

the article I read framed his action plan as "one of the most cutting-edge environmental platforms of any candidate in the country." 

So what say you all: cutting-edge, or crazy?

Seems about as crazy as everything else these days. So why not? He probably would be considered 'normal' at this point. 

makes you wonder what denny's car runs on, and all those State vehicles, and the plane they use to drag his butt around. 

Sounds like a nimble Minded Liberal ....that if they are not stopped will send this Country Straight To Hell!~! However, on The other Hand I Personally Could Care less what Happens In "ohio" Give It Back to The Native Americans....

At this point, I think I'd give the whole country back to the Native Americans. The Ohio proposal is clearly a gimmick for publicity. Bottom line: We have to let the market work naturally. When we hit peak oil demand naturally, then we can shutter the wells.