Tom Kirkman

Don't sneeze. Coronavirus is a threat to oil markets and global economies

https://twitter.com/johnrobertsFox/status/1224385893441658881

New hospitals are quarantine centers.  Fulfilling the same role as the current hospitals.  i.e. hold patients until they die so can cremate quickly. 

This message is World Health Organization Approved. 

You don't check out of a Chinese hospital during an outbreak. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, GunnysGhost said:

New hospitals are quarantine centers.  Fulfilling the same role as the current hospitals.  i.e. hold patients until they die so can cremate quickly. 

Yep, WHO and Google know what is best for everyone.  Trust the official narrative.    / sarc

World Health Organization reveals Google is ensuring its advice comes top of searches to stop the spread of misinformation about coronavirus

• Announcement made on Monday by WHO head Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus 
  • He spoke at meeting of WHO's executive board in Geneva, Switzerland 
  • Tedros and other WHO officials have praised China's response to coronavirus 
  • China diplomat lashed out at countries for flight cancellations, visa denials 

... Since the outbreak began, a number of misleading claims and hoaxes about the virus have circulated online. 

They include false conspiracy theories that the virus was created in a lab ...

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Harold meme for the day.

1d45bf593d4ee226b799724bfbe196c815f78b3c70647e08e9afc10ce83ca34e.jpg.416118b5fbd96cfbc2695fdc000c06e5.jpg

• Haha 4

Until price and production coordination are implemented (currently 50 years waiting in the wings), each producer is a threat to oil markets and global economics. The coronovirus is simply one of the many trading triggers --  short term and meaningless. If you neither understand what I say nor do not accept its validity, that is OK. Don't sweat it. Just enjoy $30 oil.

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1

(edited)

an interesting observation about oil market.

Edited by Marcin2
typo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tom Kirkman said:

... Since the outbreak began, a number of misleading claims and hoaxes about the virus have circulated online. 

They include false conspiracy theories that the virus was created in a lab ...

"Most of these were personally spread by a Mr. Tom Kirkman." 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Marcin2 said:

This reminded me about new face masks manufacturing facility set up in just 7 days near Beijing.

I always wonder whether this is just fantastic business acumen of Chinese people, or communist party just called the guy that already owned such a factory with this RING movie phrase: „7 days”.

And guy knew he needs to set up new one or spent rest of his life in one of Uygur resorts.

They built a hospital in 10 days!  Amazing! That could never happen here.

8 hours ago, GunnysGhost said:

The death rate isn't all that high. Plenty of people have recovered.

(edited)

An interesting observation

Edited by Marcin2
typo

(edited)

This is infortunately the dark secret of this outbreak.

There are 2 scenarios:

- the recovered people numbers are so low ( not much higher than fatalities) because of some gross data inaccuracies, possibility but i do not think so,

- this virus is a very nasty and slow killer of human beings.

Just look at the detailed data about the fatalities that Chinese revelead to WHO.

It could take 20 or even 60 days for the virus to kill individual.

Edited by Marcin2
typo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Marcin2 said:

This hospital is a Real feat just the feeling is so Soviet and so 1960s.

Indeed. 

Absolute control over a huge number of workers.  If they can mobilize industry / workforce this quickly they could pump out war machines faster than anybody else. 

1 minute ago, Marcin2 said:

This is infortunately the dark secret of this outbreak.

There are 2 scenarios:

- the recovered people numbers are so low ( not much higher than fatalities) because of some gross data inaccuracies, possibility but i do not think so,

- this virus is a very nasty and slow killer of human beings.

Just look at the detailed data about the fatalities that Chinese revelead to WHO.

It could take 20 or even 60 days for the virus to kill individual.

Ideally a huge numbers recover, are now immune, and that herd immunity starts slowing the spread.

I think it mostly kills via pneumonia / respiratory failure, not a slow mechanism. I imagine it is mostly like the flu, it sucks and it kills plenty of people, but if you make it past the worst part you are good.

If vile, psychopathic 'murcans would stop threatening the world. stop invading countries, stop murdering people at will, close your bases, stand down your military, sign peace treaties, honour the letter of your agreements, the world would have no need to waste untold treasury on armaments. 

• Downvote 3

(edited)

in 2018, in USA, approximately 80,000 people died from 'flu', after infecting about 30 million. in France, about 10,000 died in 2019 from flu. India is so bad, no reliable numbers are reported, but estimates are +200,000.  world wide, the number of 'flu' deaths annually could be +1 million.   yet the WHO has NEVER declared an emergency.  even if the cases in China reach 100k and the deaths reach 5k [5%], this is still WAY below 80k in USA and +1mm in world. 

this virus outbreak has too many sinister correlations to be simple coincidence. IF this is engineered, the implications are very very dire.  only 1 country has declared China to be an enemy and only that country has the motive. research and time will tell.  

Edited by frankfurter
  • Great Response! 1
  • Rolling Eye 2

8 hours ago, frankfurter said:

If vile, psychopathic 'murcans would stop threatening the world. stop invading countries, stop murdering people at will, close your bases, stand down your military, sign peace treaties, honour the letter of your agreements, the world would have no need to waste untold treasury on armaments. 

To those with such a worldview,  I invite you to go stand in downtown Islamabad with a 'Gay Rights for Pakistan' sandwich board. 

Pull all the headscarves and face covers off all the women and say 'No no, your husbands don't own you, you're free as them or I"

Goodbye. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

9 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

The death rate isn't all that high. Plenty of people have recovered.

When care has been given, I agree.

I just don't think its wise to take the CCP's word when as the more we know about this, the more it looks like they are covering up how long they knew, how long they reported....  they haven't been a model of trustworthiness.

Journalists on the ground are reporting that hospitals are turning away people 'unless they are dying'.  They are only admitting the critical patients, of which 414 died in Hubei so far to 327 recovered.  

I'm not saying the mortality rate is actually that high, I'm saying China's strategy is causing it to be that high. 

The cherry on top is that they are investigating and arresting journalists that criticize the response.  Which is of course what you do when you have nothing to hide, eh Comrades? 

Edited by GunnysGhost
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

My gas station is along interstate 80 about 150 miles from san Francisco. I usually am not too worried about things like this, but this one has me uneasy to be honest. Last Wednesday a couple of asian descent came in asking if masks were for sale and I cant say it gave me the best feeling. The bay area is a huge area related to china and travel and highway 80 and interstate 5 are California's main travel routes. We see a lot of asian travelers. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GunnysGhost said:

Journalists on the ground are reporting that hospitals are turning away people 'unless they are dying'.  They are only admitting the critical patients, of which 414 died in Hubei so far to 327 recovered. 

All hospitals do that to a lesser or greater extent.

Triage is not a dirty word - it saves lives.

8 minutes ago, J.mo said:

My gas station is along interstate 80 about 150 miles from san Francisco. I usually am not too worried about things like this, but this one has me uneasy to be honest. Last Wednesday a couple of asian descent came in asking if masks were for sale and I cant say it gave me the best feeling. The bay area is a huge area related to china and travel and highway 80 and interstate 5 are California's main travel routes. We see a lot of asian travelers. 

Tough time to even look Chinese; people will literally avoid you like the plague.

14 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Tough time to even look Chinese; people will literally avoid you like the plague.

I'm sure the thought police in the communist utopia will give me shit for it but I dot care. 

42 minutes ago, J.mo said:

Don't worry, your risk is extremely low.

They are looking for masks to send to China, where there are still shortages despite a large ramp up in production.

54 minutes ago, 0R0 said:

Don't worry, your risk is extremely low.

They are looking for masks to send to China, where there are still shortages despite a large ramp up in production.

Isnt that what the chinese government said a month ago? Move along, nothing to see here..

😄

On 2/3/2020 at 6:35 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

The Party and the Virus

... Back to politics. We have had two phases so far. 1 is first discovery followed by total silence. 2 is damage control, and deflecting all blame from the Party.

We are now in phase 3. The WHO, which was caught napping as much as the Party in phase 2, lavishes great praise on that same Party now for its “extraordinary safety measures”. Locking down entire cities (increasingly people are not even allowed to leave their homes), speed-building hospitals, you name it. And the WHO is not the only entity praising the Party.

The reason why there is so much emphasis on this is that the CCP is desperate to show everyone, at home and abroad, that it is in control. That there is no reason to worry, at least not due to actions by the Party. If other countries have problems, that is not the Party’s fault.

And also, the Party will take it from here, no need for foreign assistance. They’ll allow in some doctors, preferably WHO related, and they have asked both the US and EU for medical equipment and doctors’ uniforms, hazmat suits, that sort of thing, just so nobody asks any further questions: see, we do accept help! We’ll let you know if we need anything.

Other than that, the Party is in full control, thank you very much. And if Chinese people start protesting the failures of the Party so far, as they are, that is none of anyone else’s business. “We” have it under control”. Ask the WHO, they said so too.

If the Party is allowed to get away with this behavior aimed at self-preservation above anything else, including human lives of both Chinese and foreigners, something bad is sure to happen. Maybe not this time, maybe this one will fizzle out. But the next one, or the one after that, will not.  ...

... Xi can claim today that he has control. He can say things are not too bad, but we don’t really know, he’s issuing the numbers. What we do know, and there’s the crux, is that he was 6 weeks late in starting to acknowledge the epidemic, in contacting the outside world, in acknowledging his mistakes, and in acknowledging that such mistakes are baked into the model that keeps him in power.

●  Phase 1 is complete denial, not a word.

●  Phase 2 is damage control, massaging the numbers downward.

●  Phase 3 is “close all the doors, not to worry, nothing to see here, we got this, no you can’t come in, too risky!”

But, yeah, praise him while you can. The only praise he cares about is from people just as clueless as he is anyway.

The Party is a highly effective vehicle for protecting its own interests and survival. For other things, perhaps not so much. Viruses can be quite deadly at times. Combine them with politics and the risk factor rises exponentially.  ...

===============================

A MeSSaGe FRoM FLeeT CoMManD...

1058771298_REMAINCALM.thumb.png.fdcc4d5ce6de7a8d39e26a6e41e50821.png

Let's not forget the Wuhan police were arresting and silencing doctors for warning people about the virus. Doctor who was silenced now has coronavirus

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

Indeed. 

Absolute control over a huge number of workers.  If they can mobilize industry / workforce this quickly they could pump out war machines faster than anybody else. 

The most important is to fight strategy of your enemy.

When your enemy is superior try to evade him ( US military is superior)

Try to find your enemy weak points and use them (US economy is less competitive)

@Tom Kirkman China does not trust US, they are in hegemonic conflict , they can trade , but never trust again. They will never allow US doctors within their borders. They do not need subversion and Hong Kong like color revolution on top of epidemic.