2. 2. Where will Aramco be listed?

• New York
    • London
    • Tokyo
    • Hong Kong
    • Singapore
    • Tokyo
    • Tadawul only

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rumors abound as to where and when Saudi's IPO will be listed.

1. I really don't care anymore but I wish they could get it over with as it is getting tedious.

2. Wherever, just get it over with.

Whining aside, i think a delay is getting increasingly likely as they need higher oil pries to make it work as planned. I can't see these higher prices.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

1. I really don't care anymore but I wish they could get it over with as it is getting tedious.

2. Wherever, just get it over with.

Whining aside, i think a delay is getting increasingly likely as they need higher oil pries to make it work as planned. I can't see these higher prices.

I'm kind of with you on this one. The rumor mill should come up with something new. I'm thinking Saudi Arabia will start another spat in the ME to drive up prices so it will get this done (I guess the Qatar one kind of fizzled out), but I still don't see it finalizing in 2018. That's a bit too ambitious I think. And London and New York both have too many requirements for Aramco to fulfill. I think it more likely that Saudi Arabia will go with an exchange that is a bit less transparent and has more tolerant shareholders willing to put up with the multitude of MBS' high jinks.  

The Kingdom needs to get this done. While there are still many hoops Aramco has yet to jump through, oil prices may not ever climb much higher, and I envision them striking while the iron is still hot. Prices are double what they were at the beginning of last year. It would be a gamble to procrastinate on the IPO. London has some big dollars and London has already taken steps to accommodate the listing. I expect London to bend over backwards to get this listing. 

Vision 2030 is dead in the water without this 5% stake sale, and The Kingdom is dead in the water without Vision 2030, because it can't rely on oil forever.

They already are, London, that is. But I'm not sure they managed to pass that proposed special-treatment addition to LSE's listing rules. Last I heard Parliament was looking into it. My money is on a Chinese exchange/private placement if they really want to get it done this year.

@Addy, you're right, they don't have much time waiting for the prices to go higher.

Prices keep seesaw-ing, and fell pretty hard today!