Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zhong Lu

Hoping Barr is Serious About NOK

(edited)

Jumping in. Charts look good. Earnings look good. Price to book low.   In 4.2. Fuck INO (lost a quarter of my profits from INO from before,l today).  Barr's comments just icing on the cake.  Might drive momentum higher.

Edited by Zhong Lu

(edited)

3 hours ago, Zhong Lu said:

Jumping in. Charts look good. Earnings look good. Price to book low.   In 4.2. Fuck INO (lost a quarter of my profits from INO from before,l today).  Barr's comments just icing on the cake.  Might drive momentum higher.

The idea of supporting Ericsson and Nokia circulating in US already for a few years.

Support was envisaged in different ways: buyout/controlling stake of one of them, forcing of a merger of both companies to make them stronger, aid in the form of R&D grants. 1 and 2 solution is impossible due to Sweden, Finland and whole EU being strongly against. 3 solution should be a must for US government to fight with Huawei and more broadly Chinese tech domination.

Unfortunately there is a lot of talk but nothing was done, nothing, simply nothing by US authorities to support Nordic companies R&D.

So Barr comment is just a political comment during campaign.

Nokia market cap is 23 billion dollars. Its political value for US is Well over 100 billion dollars.

The moment US government will start logical adult behaviour I will write here: buy buy buy, after going all in myself.

Edited by Marcin2
Typo

I would tell you more, both companies are still under strict money saving regimes, I read their financials, 30 billion dollars grant tor Nokia or Ericsson would be money best spent, Huawei is more ahead of them each month cause it outspends them 4 to 1 in R&D.

30 billion dollars is enough food for 10 days of Pentagon functioning.

Real conflict is in tech and science not the toys by definition you would never use.

Nokia has still not finished post merger integration After Alcatel take over, they are preoccupied with themselves. Such a mess, just discontinued COO position.

(edited)

Their shares tanked until their Price to Book was 1 to 1, meaning that if they sold everything that day they would be able to pay back their shareholders.  Been looking at it for some time, and now everything's coming together for their shares to rally to at least high 4's.  Even without the Barr comments it's worth a buy given how cheap the shares got, and the charts, and the earnings report which was positive.

Frankly, US government support for high tech is not a bad idea.  Bell Labs was one of the most successful government supported programs out there.

Edited by Zhong Lu