Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VK

Elon Musk’s Boring Company Gets Green Light to Start Digging in Washington, DC

Musk's tunnel-boring project has received more vague government approval for its equally vague plans to build an underground hyperloop between New York and Washington, DC. This project got a preliminary permit to start digging at an abandoned lot in the northeast section of the city. 

In an empty lot at an unspecified dept for an unspecified distance. That's all we know about this project. Right, we don't know that either. Boring. 

Let’s get one thing straight, Elon Musk is many things but never boring. He's a guy with rockets and flamethrowers. Nothing boring about that.  

• Upvote 3

Vague plans is not the right word. It looks like they don't have a plan at all. I can already see another delays.    

Well they should be able to keep the schedule easily since the tunnels are already there. 

And we can't deny all amazing things Musk already have done. The battery installation in South Australia, rocket in space,... maybe we just need to give this guy some credit and not look on this project through the Model 3 delays. 

• Upvote 1

Lets be fair, none of his competitors are even close to achieve what Musk's companies have already done. I still trust him he'll get it done. 

I will give Musk credit for the battery work in Australia. A+. For Model 3, I would give Musk an E for missing deadlines over and over again. I guess I have mixed thoughts about the hyperloop. Will it be more like the Model 3, or more like Australia? I don't know, but plans seem vague. Maybe Musk should finish one project before addressing another. 

I don't think he's capable of doing that. I can relate, though on a completely different scale, naturally.

Wait, wasn't the Boring company supposed to drill tunnels for cars? I remember a simulation with cars being lowered on elevators into the tunnel from the street. The purpose was to alleviate congestion. Or will there be both tunnels for cars and for hyperloops?