Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rodent

Oil Divestiture Crusade Targets Wells Fargo

The latest in a string of protest actions against pipelines shut down a Wells Fargo branch today in Minnesota for financing DAPL.

Sad folks... we need that oil!

Yes, how else will they get to their protests?!!

harsh. i'd be the first to protest a pipeline if it threatened my land, livelihood, health ... when we stop standing up for ourselves then we pretty much give up any liberty. Big oil fan or no ... 

We still need oil and to think otherwise is childish

Protests never produce results. However, remember that in February Seattle's City Council has voted to not renew its contract with Wells Fargo, in a move that cites the bank's role as a lender to the Dakota Access Pipeline project. City pulled more than $3 billion in annual cash flow from the banking giant

Just now, Stephen said:

Protests never produce results. However, remember that in February Seattle's City Council has voted to not renew its contract with Wells Fargo, in a move that cites the bank's role as a lender to the Dakota Access Pipeline project. City pulled more than $3 billion in annual cash flow from the banking giant

Followed by San Francisco, Albuquerque to Raleigh

I am sure that activists could examine any large bank in the US and find things they find objectionable. Banks lend money to lots of people and organizations that won't pass the left's purity tests.

Just now, JohnAtronis said:

I am sure that activists could examine any large bank in the US and find things they find objectionable. Banks lend money to lots of people and organizations that won't pass the left's purity tests.

Where can we get a list of DAPL supporting banks, so we can review our home loans and refinance. 

• Downvote 1

On 12/6/2017 at 7:09 PM, Rodent said:

The latest in a string of protest actions against pipelines shut down a Wells Fargo branch today in Minnesota for financing DAPL.

total of 17 banks are financing DAPL. I wonder why only Wells Fargo

Just now, Joanna said:

total of 17 banks are financing DAPL. I wonder why only Wells Fargo

Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi UFJ, BayernLB, BBVA, BNP Paribas, Citigroup, Crédit Agricole, DNB ASA, ICBC, ING, Intesa Sanpaolo, Mizuho Bank, Natixis, SMBC, Société Générale, SunTrust Robinson Humphrey, TD Bank, Wells Fargo

I am shocked to read that one major bank is involved in such. If this is the worst Wells Fargo did, then be it. I recall fake accounts scandal

Protests never produce results?? We wouldn't even be here if that were true

I agree, banks likely finance many many things that people on the left, and people on the right (although different things) find objectionable. I have NO trouble supporting the notion of voting with your dollar. In fact, I support it wholeheartedly. I only question the naivety and/or hypocrisy in protesting the transportation method of a substance you rely on wholeheartedly. You can't have one without the other. If you protest oil pipelines, you must, by all logic, protest oil by rail. And if you protest these, you can't really, in good conscience, enjoy the fruits of their labor. 

Pipeline protests have become en vogue, and what started out as a single group concerned about it in their backyard has now become tiresome and silly. At least that group had the decency to be honest and say they just wanted it moved into someone else's backyard. The new wave of protestors want to enjoy all the products derived from oil, while glaring at the companies giving it to them.

Granted, some of the pipeline companies (and you know who you are) have done themselves no favors (hint: it starts with an E and ends in an E, and in the middle, "nbridg").  Still.... it's the best we've got.

You can be passionate, but let's be practical too.