Perovskite Co.'s will they live to the promise? At which point can we say they have turned the corner?

How about the Silicon PV Companies trying to improve their efficiency?

• Upvote 2

I'm a die-hard believer in the power of the super crystals to revolutionize the solar industry, and indeed, how we harness the power of the sun. Getting to the turning point of the development is a bit trickier. I've been looking at 8Point3 energy lately ... 

On 2/21/2018 at 10:41 AM, Saher said:

Perovskite Co.'s will they live to the promise? At which point can we say they have turned the corner?

How about the Silicon PV Companies trying to improve their efficiency?

Yes, I hear PV panel efficiency is rising steadily. Question is how quickly will it rise and how quickly costs will fall so they can compete with fossil fuels. Now that would be the turning point.

The parity to Fuel generated power has been reached. Now it is a question of CAPEX (Pay upfront and recover over the coming years) or pay monthly for the power usage to utilities Co’s

• Upvote 1

Did Trump impose Tariffs on the imported solar panels ( that come mainly from China) or was it across the board?

From China, but it's also parts that come from China that make US solar panels cheaper.