Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tom Kirkman

Arizona Governor OKs bill barring city natural gas hookup bans

Some proactive common sense from the Arizona governor. 

The anti - oil & gas lynch mob needs to be reigned in from their continuous attempts to force their cult beliefs onto others.

Ducey OKs bill barring city natural gas hookup bans

PHOENIX (AP) — Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey has signed legislation that prohibits cities and counties from banning new natural gas hookups.

Ducey signed the bill backed by Senate President Karen Fann and House Speaker Rusty Bowers on Friday. It was designed to prevent the spread of gas bans being adopted by some California cities to help combat climate change to Arizona. Ducey, Fann and Bowers are all Republicans.

The measure cleared the Senate and House with bi-partisan votes, but many minority Democrats opposed it.

The bill's supporters say homeowners and businesses should be able to decide for themselves what kind of energy they want to use for cooking or heating. Fann said recently that while she supports local control, allowing municipalities to ban natural gas would raise prices for other users.

Democrats say the state shouldn't tie the hands of cities and counties to do what they think is best. No gas bans have been proposed in Arizona.

========================================================

This sentence is bizarre:

"Democrats say the state shouldn't tie the hands of cities and counties to do what they think is best." 

Democrats trying to impose natural gas hookup bans is actually tying the hands of local residents from making their own energy choices.

Banning natural gas is stupidity.  Also, totalitarian.

• Upvote 1

Do these democrats ever listen to what they are spouting?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Do these democrats ever listen to what they are spouting?

Careful, you might get called a bigot for questioning stupidity.  

That's sarcasm, by the way.

I'm a tad cranky as a moderator this morning, after responding to a private message complaining that others are "vile bigots" for disagreeing with opposing viewpoints. 

The double standards tactic can be breathtaking in its one - sidedness.  No, I'm not saying names.  Simply trying to keep the playing field level for everyone.

• Haha 1

I wouldn’t let it bother you Tom, we’ve been through a few ‘class acts’ on this forum and more to come.

Grab your 870 Remington and go get some pheasants! I sure as heck would if I was back. Good stress relief...😂

• Haha 1