Tom Kirkman

Oil and gas producers fire back at Democratic presidential candidates.

Just now, Rob Plant said:

And how do you know what the people mentioned on this ad give away in charitable donations??

How do you know anything personal about them other than their salaries?

You guys can argue all day that some oil guy should earn over a million each month.  I will never believe they add that much value to the world.

We can disagree on this.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rob Plant said:

In my experience people who earn way more than they need are normally very philanthropic, I would be surprised if many on the list weren't also.

It's a nice tax write off....  still good but not fully altruistic.

Rob, don’t bother. Enthalpic is obviously the sage regarding what somebody is worth and apparently, though yet to be defined, the level of remuneration which is acceptable before you are in the ‘sold my soul to the devil’ zone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Rob, don’t bother. Enthalpic is obviously the sage regarding what somebody is worth and apparently, though yet to be defined, the level of remuneration which is acceptable before you are in the ‘sold my soul to the devil’ zone.

Clearly!

If you work in oil + gas then "its a tax write off" if you are in any other industry your "humanitarian"

C'mon Enthalpic  cant you see your own bias here?

• Upvote 4

Let’s see....

Oil and gas exec provides jobs, services and a tangible product.

Greenpeace exec provides no tangible product, few paying jobs and promotes piracy on the high seas.

Without looking at the answer in the back of the book, tell me which one should command a higher salary.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I'm wagering none of us wasting time on this board are making anything close to ridiculous amounts of money.

Go work oil and work hard for 250,000 a year - kudos to you.  Fly around on jets and spew BS at meetings for 18 million a year - capitalism fail.

(edited)

5 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

C'mon Enthalpic  cant you see your own bias here?

Sure I can, but oil forum rarely does.  Yin yang

Edited by Enthalpic

1 minute ago, Enthalpic said:

Sure I can, but oil forum rarely does.  Yin yang

Newsflash this is an oil forum, guess which way most people lean on this!

If it was a green forum i'm pretty sure it would show the same level of bias if not worse

• Upvote 2

I actually don't believe there are any fully altruistic acts...

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rob Plant said:

Newsflash this is an oil forum, guess which way most people lean on this!

You can short oil!

Just now, Enthalpic said:

I actually don't believe there are any fully altruistic acts...

On that I think you are correct with maybe one or 2 exceptions

Oil & gas executives are pushing back at the insane U.S. Democratic presidential candidates that have stated that oil & gas executives should be thrown in prison, and that the U.S. oil and gas industry is horrible.

This has nothing to do with how much they earn.

This has everything to do with oil & gas executives defending themselves and defending their industrt, and stating that oil & gas is a needed industry, and is not criminal.

@Enthalpic  you keep spouting straw man distractions.

I get that you hate oil & gas.  I get that you feel that oil & gas executives are supposedly corrupt for defending their industry, as their companys and shareholders expect them to do.

Apparently, you want the oil & gas industry to roll over and die, and expect everyone to bow down and worship the hyperventilating panic screeds of Greta and her Chicken Little ilk.

In my opinion, the people who are nuts and corrupt are the U.S. Democratic presidential candidates, who apparently are arguing amongst themselves who can destroy the U.S. the fastest by killing the oil & gas industry.

Yes, this is a pro - oil & gas site and forum.

Don't act surprised that people here tend to support the oil & gas industry.  The mainstream media generally depicts oil & gas as evilnand horrible.  And I push back against their crap.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

I'm wagering none of us wasting time on this board are making anything close to ridiculous amounts of money.

Go work oil and work hard for 250,000 a year - kudos to you.  Fly around on jets and spew BS at meetings for 18 million a year - capitalism fail.

Before the recent slump, I wouldn’t get out of bed for $250,000/year. I didn’t have to, my skill set was, at the time, valued much higher than that.

Saying that, I was nowhere near $18 million/year. Then again, I was consulting and did not run the risks, or have the responsibilities associated with the running of a company which likely had a significant amount of assets, material and human, to worry about.

The old adage, ‘you get what you paid for’ is as true today as it was in the past.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

On that I think you are correct with maybe one or 2 exceptions

Your faith in humanity is remarkable. I see ‘random acts of kindness’ every day...maybe not from multi-millionairs, but you failed to define that when you mentioned altruistic acts.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Your faith in humanity is remarkable. I see ‘random acts of kindness’ every day...maybe not from multi-millionairs, but you failed to define that when you mentioned altruistic acts.

I didnt that was Enthalpic!

Yes there are many acts of random kindness daily, i think Enthalpic was intimating that many are done through a sense of guilt of "having" where others do not, even though they may have been genuinely earned. Or those acts are done with a belief of getting something in return  somewhere down the line.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding him though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Enthalpic said:

LOL Bill Gates is a humanitarian who is going to give away most of his fortune.  He understands he doesn't deserve so much money.

It's his and his wifes money, they can do whatever they wish with it. Sounds you have a little (sarc) bit of envy of folks who work hard and make money. Yup, i come to some conclusion you need seek meds when you compare Greenpeace Execs pay to any others. Trump gets a dollar for being president. So my understanding that Greenpeace exec give away all his money too for being so wealthy compared to Trumps 1 whole dollar a year salary. BTW, did you forget your meds??

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Rob Plant said:

I didnt that was Enthalpic!

Yes there are many acts of random kindness daily, i think Enthalpic was intimating that many are done through a sense of guilt of "having" where others do not, even though they may have been genuinely earned. Or those acts are done with a belief of getting something in return  somewhere down the line.

I think you misunderstand his thinking. He is baiting and a petty little keyboard warrior who probly thinks the world owes him something. Another Red, just name changed.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

2 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Apparently, you want the oil & gas industry to roll over and die, and expect everyone to bow down and worship the hyperventilating panic screeds of Greta and her Chicken Little ilk.

Hi Guys and Gals.  I had been away for a few days and not keeping up with things around here.  Then I happened across an expose' on sweet Greta (link below), so I came back on, did a search on "greta" and found the comment above.  As good a place as any to insert an expose' on Greta.  For your viewing pleasure, without further comment..

Greta Thunberg Incorporated: The Exposé

Edited by Dan Warnick
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

So you know, for a fact, that all the Canadian oil millionaire does to earn his money is ride on jets and spew BS at meetings.

Forgive me for saying that I doubt that you have ANY idea as to what he does to earn his money or what value he adds to his company.

You sound like an envious adolescent who can simply not accept that some people are valued more than they are.

At the end of the day, I am fairly certain that your opinion of the Canadian millionaire, and his remuneration, does not bother him in the slightest.

• Like 2

(edited)

2 hours ago, Rob Plant said:

There are no altruistic acts.

See or hear a crying baby?  It annoys you at some level so you soothe the thing to please yourself (shut the damn thing up).  Similarity seeing someone crying causes you to feel the same negative emotion so you comfort them to remove your own negative feelings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_contagion

Ever feel good after donating to $ charity? That little boost to your self-esteem is a form of payback.

Make a woman orgasm and feel like a stud? Payback.

Edited by Enthalpic

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

At the end of the day, I am fairly certain that your opinion of the Canadian millionaire, and his remuneration, does not bother him in the slightest.

I'm sure the guy spends almost no time in Canada, cares not about, me, you, the environment, etc.

The guy can and will lay you off without thinking because they really don't give a fuck about anything accept money.  The whole "they just love oil" argument is so stupid and you guys are blind to see that.

18 million a year... think the guy should get about 4 thousand for taking a shit playing angry birds on his phone at work?

(edited)

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

So you know, for a fact, that all the Canadian oil millionaire does to earn his money is ride on jets and spew BS at meetings.

Forgive me for saying that I doubt that you have ANY idea as to what he does to earn his money or what value he adds to his company.

You sound like an envious adolescent who can simply not accept that some people are valued more than they are.

Pretty much yes.  Investor conference calls for each quarterly update.  I invest and listen to this garbage regularly.

Insider from Devon energy says their private jet just flys between Texas, fancy resorts, and Fort Mac. 

BS meetings, bribing politicians with free trips etc. ,funding lobby groups, lip service to the media about the last environmental disaster.

Working for the Environment Canada I was involved with "stakeholder" meetings about oilsands development / regulation.  Douchebags on the call that just spout the same "but oil makes us money." Or  "We bought some biologists who will say it is theoretically possible we can reclaim the land."

Edited by Enthalpic

Christmas function I went to the exec admitted for all of December he just went between the various Christmas parties across Canada and was tired...

Poor baby.

(edited)

4 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Oil & gas executives are pushing back at the insane U.S. Democratic presidential candidates that have stated that oil & gas executives should be thrown in prison, and that the U.S. oil and gas industry is horrible.

This has nothing to do with how much they earn.

This has everything to do with oil & gas executives defending themselves and defending their industrt, and stating that oil & gas is a needed industry, and is not criminal.

@Enthalpic  you keep spouting straw man distractions.

I get that you hate oil & gas.  I get that you feel that oil & gas executives are supposedly corrupt for defending their industry, as their companys and shareholders expect them to do.

In my opinion, the people who are nuts and corrupt are the U.S. Democratic presidential candidates, who apparently are arguing amongst themselves who can destroy the U.S. the fastest by killing the oil & gas industry.

Yes, this is a pro - oil & gas site and forum.

Don't act surprised that people here tend to support the oil & gas industry.  The mainstream media generally depicts oil & gas as evilnand horrible.  And I push back against their crap.

I don't hate oil and gas, I just see way too much love for it on a daily basis living in Saudi Alberta (Canada Texas).

If Bernie wins and stops fracking I will become very rich.  Like shitty executives I will take my dirty money.

Oil forum doesn't have to be pro oil, can discuss both sides.  Make money from its downfall etc.

"I push back against their crap." :)  We are more similar than you may think Tom. Cheers.

Edited by Enthalpic

5 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

I'm sure the guy spends almost no time in Canada, cares not about, me, you, the environment, etc.

The guy can and will lay you off without thinking because they really don't give a fuck about anything accept money.  The whole "they just love oil" argument is so stupid and you guys are blind to see that.

18 million a year... think the guy should get about 4 thousand for taking a shit playing angry birds on his phone at work?

EVERY business has owners whether they be shareholders, Venture capitalists/Private equity to an owner/manager business. It is the job of this guy like any CEO/President of ANY business to satisfy the shareholders by ensuring they are hitting their numbers (EBITDA), if he isn't then he isn't doing his job. If someone is not performing in his organisation then why should he give a fuck about laying them off?

Any decent CEO will mentor his management team and get rid of the dead wood in order to make sure his EBITDA budget is satisfied and he then doesnt lose his own job. If you think that is an easy role then I can assure you it isnt.

As Douglas has said he may well be worth that to the shareholders for what he brings to them. Its a fact of life Enthalpic, you may find it abhorrent but there it is.

I would argue that a football (soccer) player in the premier league earning $35-40M per year for playing sport is wrong, but thats the going rate if you are top of your game.

• Like 1