Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Douglas Buckland

Engineering, Politics and Political Correctness from Down Under

This is hilarious! Pay attention to ‘MALS’.

The delivery is smooth, entertaining.

The snark gets drawn out a bit (as if I can hold that against him).

One of my filtering methods, of course, is to peruse their global cooling/warming/climate-change to see if they're worth my time. Intelligence and wit have their worth, but integrity and toughness are gold.

Aaaaaand he's taking the global cooling/warming/climate-change at face value - granted it looks like he tries to hoist them by their petard, but he does so from the perspective of cleansing the faith as a "True believer".  His crediting of Australian and International climate change "benchmarks" flies in the face of the "facts" he claims to worship where the Australian meteorological community has already been caught falsifying their data, and even the biggest no-no of attempting to alter raw data as far back as the early 20th century (another "hide the decline" fiasco).  Forget "minor" infractions (they're not minor, of course, in any reputable field of research but these days it seems alarmingly common especially among the climate change crowd) of inadvertent/incidental contact and collaboration between supposedly independent teams and stations, tainting results, we're talking full-blown falsification and concealing methodology and its context.

Engaging personality, but I'll take a hard pass.

Geez...! Can’t you guys simply enjoy the sarcasm and humor?

Well, OK.  The long version is....

I enjoyed it.

Initially, anyway.  I thought it was "entertaining" and "engaging".

But then I did some due-diligence and found it's a guilty pleasure with a poison pill.

Patronizing this guy is no different than subscribing to entertainment and products, who's  purveyors turn around and use that money and influence to attack your business and industry (and screw up your country).  This guy in the video literally thinks exporting coal to China is "bad", something to be ashamed of, and implies that Australia should hamstring its own coal industry, because "climate-change".  

"Huh?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHHcvYlCPiE

It's not that I don't enjoy his flaying of "climatologists" (although he belongs in the same category along with "environmental engineers"), his denigration of Electric cars (although for the wrong reasons), his emphasis on some realities the climate crowd conveniently ignore (now, that's a Well that won't go dry anytime soon), etc. 

But at the core of the issue, he fundamentally buys into climate change (or pretends to).

People like me don't fall for the false premise that it's a problem to be solved (nor do we prostitute ourselves to the climate change idiocy for personal gain).  I'm too old not to remember more than a half century of research fraud, hoaxes, doomsday predictions, Communism, etc.

This guy's also too old not to remember, but he skips over those "details" and argues how humans can "more intelligently" stop the Earth from warming (Yeeeeah....), burying the burden of proof in his unproven premise.  
It's insulting every time I see this gas-lighting tactic.  His entertainment-value is obviated by his untrustworthiness; they are not entirely unrelated factors.

Rome fell in part because its citizens were presumably hoodwinked by bread and circuses - and that's what this guy represents to me.
Look, it would probably benefit me and possibly most Americans in other industries, if Australia kneecapped their own coal industry - Gas gluts in the US, LNG bottlenecks from source to terminal, redirecting investment, the Chinese would "eventually" get less smog, streamlined manufacturing costs of ethane polymerization, etc.  Just because I sympathize with some Canadians (as their country eviscerates itself), doesn't mean I won't take the money if they leave it on the table.

But using marketing deception and chasing funding using the Global cooling/warming/climate-change scam (as too many former engineers and professionals ,who should know better, have done) is plain wrong, and inevitably bites us in the ass.  The renewable energy boondoggle in America should have taught us that, and the costs to other countries is potentially more catastrophic because they don't have our margins to play with (not that I care, just professional ethics).

And none of that matters nearly as much as the cultural damage and political upheaval in America borne from worshiping the false gods of the Green religion, harbingers of the Communist utopia.

This guy claims China's and Australia's problems are global warming (or something) and coal.  He's full of it - and worse, I think he knows it.

Nobody's doing the Chinese any favors if their costs  - and ultimately their quality of life (again, not that I care - they can all go to Hell) - are artificially taxed by the climate scam (as our's has been).  Smog is bad, but poverty is far worse.  Replacement of coal [and oil] infrastructure by more expensive and ultimately inefficient alternative energy and materials (including Natural gas, no matter how many dragon ships the Chinese build) aren't ready for that scale - ie the vast majority of countries - unless you put the climate change thumbs on the scales and cripple the practical sources and infrastructure that use coal and oil.  Even if you did so for China, that coal is valuable to other countries who want energy and improvements to their standard of living. 

It is far more efficient to let timetables and markets work themselves out without a fake climate impetus, one that makes the entire process of technological adaptation and availability unnecessarily expensive and corrupt.  In the big picture, it makes life-expectancy shorter, and quality-of-life harder, for the vast majority of people who can least afford it.

(not that I care about these other countries, but it just shouldn't be done, except in Honorable cases of Warfare and Policy where America has something to gain for its troubles).

But then, you probably already know this.

And so, you should already know why this joker (and Youtube) isn't wholly entertaining.