Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tom Kirkman

Create a new law "Postericide" to prosecute and imprison Climate Change "Deniers"

Hoo boy.  The loons have gone waaaay past 11, and want to make it criminal to even question Climate Panic Armageddon.

Asking questions is part of actual science. 

Hint: Copernicus

Lock Up Deniers, Says Potty Professor

Climate denial has increased the risk of catastrophic global change. Should international criminal law be used against those who promote this dangerous trend? Economic and political leaders can no longer pretend it is business as usual. Whether they actively induce environmental harm or just ignore the existential threat against the survival of the human species, states and corporations must be held accountable for their actions or inaction regarding climate change.

Criminal sanctions are the most potent tools we have to mark out conduct that lies beyond all limits of toleration. Criminal conduct violates basic rights and destroys human security. We reserve the hard treatment of punishment for conduct that damages the things we hold most fundamentally valuable. Climate change is causing precisely such damage.  ...

... I have proposed that international criminal law should be expanded to include a new criminal offence that I call postericide (link is external). It is committed by intentional or reckless conduct fit to bring about the extinction of humanity. Postericide is committed when humanity is put at risk of extinction by conduct performed either with the intention of making humanity go extinct, or with the knowledge that the conduct is fit to have this effect. When a person knows that their conduct will impose an impermissible risk on another and acts anyway, they are reckless. It is in the domain of reckless conduct, making climate change worse, that we should look for postericidal conduct.

Who should be prosecuted for postericide? We could start by examining the established international network of well-funded organizations devoted to organized climate denial (link is external)  The epicentre of this activity is in the United States. A set of Conservative think-tanks has deliberately deceived the public and policymakers about the realities of climate change. Their ideologically-driven climate denial has been heavily funded by the fossil fuel industry; which include, for example, Koch Industries and ExxonMobil. This climate denial has had a significant impact on public opinion and has impeded legislation to tackle climate change.

Climate denial has seriously impeded aggressive mitigation efforts that could have averted our present climate emergency. It has magnified the risk that humanity locks in to catastrophic global climate change. The people in positions of authority in states, or industrial groups whose lies have put us and our descendants in peril, should be held accountable. The damage that climate deniers do is heinous, and they have no excuses. The time has come to prosecute them for postericide.

https://en.unesco.org/courier/2019-3/climate-crimes-must-be-brought-justice 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

^

3-month moratorium on all oil and gas production. 

That would take care of the price and also the argument.

They want a world free of hydrocarbons? Okay, here it is. How does it feel?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

^

I need to get a 2000 gallon diesel storage tank if we do the 3 month moratorium !!

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, Gerry Maddoux said:

^

Interesting idea. 

When it is announced, watch for a rush on stores for ALL the basic necessities and the hoarding of fuel, arms and ammunition. Anarchy to follow.

A good chance that the world would take decades to recover from this 3 month ‘experiment’

• Upvote 4

(edited)

Dude, that is kind of hilarious and tragic in the same moment. The fact that I did not even know about it until now, is also really "tragic". I do not say that there is no climate change, however I do not consider it the biggest problem that we are facing right now. I do not actually consider that it is constitutional to prosecute people who actually deny this kind of things, that is just stupid! Just like when the federal government decided that my company has to pay a certain ecology tax, which is actually stupid and lacks any kind of sense. My https://jamesonlaw.com.au/ lawyers actually helped me to get rig of it, and I am really thankful to them.

Edited by Adamhill

(edited)

On 2/26/2020 at 11:03 PM, Douglas Buckland said:

Interesting idea. 

When it is announced, watch for a rush on stores for ALL the basic necessities and the hoarding of fuel, arms and ammunition. Anarchy to follow.

A good chance that the world would take decades to recover from this 3 month ‘experiment’

Why just a  3 month experiment? why not a full year experiment in the USA and the EU? with all the seasons, spring and summer, winter and autumn, didn't the USA and the EU spended like trillion of dollars on renewable energy development? isnt wind and solar supposed to be now cheaper than Coal, Gas, Oil, Hydropower, Nuclear like bullshit seller analyst Lazard says?

imagen.png.973eb49954b14e918deb6dc25671d471.png

Edited by Sebastian Meana

Postercide... 😂😂

Hmmmm, I guess I'm gonna be one of Heir Prof's "Most Wanted" then, cuz as Grandaddy used to say: "That Dawg don't hunt"

Why is it the Usual suspects for this kind of rubbish are Always either "Academics or Gump" lifers???  Neither form of useless life has Ever had to actually hold a job where by the Quality of their work determined continued employment viability. 

Then again,  I'm all manner of (ist/ism) that can be conjured by the Dim bulb set for daring say such things...  {Ahem}