Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ff

Syria conflict

The US has approximately 500 heavily-armed troops in the Idlib region of Syria. Additionally, the remnants of AlQaida and the ISIS are in the Idlib also, though accurate numbers are not published but believed to be in the thousands. Currently, the region is held and occupied jointly by Turkey and USA, and Turkey is pushing the USA to permit greater theft of Syrian lands. The USA has not taken any AlQaida and ISIS fighters as prisoners. The AlQaida and ISIS fighters are active in the front lines on the Turkey-USA side.

The situation is all out war. Turkey has shot down 2 Syrian jets, with the supply and aid from the USA. The USA is defending Turkey's position on the ground.  Thus, the USA is defending the head-chopping, heart-eating AlQaida and ISIS. Thus, the USA and Turkey are terrorists states, and by extension NATO also.

Turkey, a NATO member, is demanding the USA bring the full force of NATO power to the Idlib to defeat the Syrian army and thus take Syria into a neo-Ottoman empire. Trump seems to be agreeable to this. But this creates one problem: Syria is aided by Russia, who also has troops on the ground. 

Turkey launched a missile attack upon Latakia, which lies far from the Idlib front line. This means NATO launched the attack.  Latakia is a base for Russia.  Thus the attack is upon Russia. Nobody should be deluded into thinking this is not a pre-emptive strike against a nuclear power. The damage is being assessed and seems the Airforce, Navy and Army suffered damage and casualties. 

Also, Turkey's thugs invaded the offices of a Russian news agency, Sputnik, and hauled away all Russian nationals; to where, nobody knows, and the fate of the staff is entirely unknown.  Again, this is a NATO member striking Russia.

Make no mistake: these hostilities can easily and quickly escalate to WW3. The Armageddon so earnestly prayed for by American Evangelists and Jews may be just around the corner. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

Thanks for the view from the China Ministry of Propaganda.

Turkey is doing what Turkey want to do. The US is just standing out of the way as Turkey has taken up the dirty job of cleaning up the Syrian regime and once gone, it will leave only Iran as a Russian/Chinese client in the Middle East.

The US is not going to attack the remnants of ISIS so long as they are focused on the Hezbollah and Iran controlled Shia groups.

The US remains there so that nobody takes anyone else's oil. And to keep Russia and China out.

The Turkey-Syria thing is not a US concern. 

For more detail

https://twitter.com/i/status/1234196041743904770

Edited by 0R0
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, 0R0 said:

Thanks for the view from the China Ministry of Propaganda.

Turkey is doing what Turkey want to do. The US is just standing out of the way as Turkey has taken up the dirty job of cleaning up the Syrian regime and once gone, it will leave only Iran as a Russian/Chinese client in the Middle East.

The US is not going to attack the remnants of ISIS so long as they are focused on the Hezbollah and Iran controlled Shia groups.

The US remains there so that nobody takes anyone else's oil. And to keep Russia and China out.

The Turkey-Syria thing is not a US concern. 

For more detail

https://twitter.com/i/status/1234196041743904770

quote: The US is not going to attack the remnants of ISIS so long as they are focused on the Hezbollah and Iran controlled Shia groups.

wait a second. I thought ISIS and alQaida were the terrorists groups used to justify the Afghanistan invasions following 911?  So now we see the USA does indeed support terrorists.  

quote:  The US remains there so that nobody takes anyone else's oil. And to keep Russia and China out.

True. The US ensures nobody other than the US can steal the oil.  True, the US wants to keep out Russia and China.  The problem I have with this is the lands and resources of Levant do not belong to the US under any rules, protocols, or laws.  It is simply pillage and plunder.  But the US taxpayers pay, and the oligarchs receive the wealth. This form of govt has a label, and it is not democratic republic.  

• Downvote 1
  • Rolling Eye 1

7 hours ago, frankfurter said:

quote: The US is not going to attack the remnants of ISIS so long as they are focused on the Hezbollah and Iran controlled Shia groups.

wait a second. I thought ISIS and alQaida were the terrorists groups used to justify the Afghanistan invasions following 911?  So now we see the USA does indeed support terrorists.  

quote:  The US remains there so that nobody takes anyone else's oil. And to keep Russia and China out.

True. The US ensures nobody other than the US can steal the oil.  True, the US wants to keep out Russia and China.  The problem I have with this is the lands and resources of Levant do not belong to the US under any rules, protocols, or laws.  It is simply pillage and plunder.  But the US taxpayers pay, and the oligarchs receive the wealth. This form of govt has a label, and it is not democratic republic.  

Well, it doesn't belong to anyone else either, other than the locals and the lease holders. The oil has not been plundered by the US. The leases were put up for auction by the then new Iraqi government and mostly bought by EU companies who then developed them and provide a sizable income to the Iraqi government, and employs tens of thousands of locals.The only plunder is that which China would have done if they had control there.  

If the US finds one terrorist group fighting another useful, rather than be fighting both, I would say that is a totally valid strategy. 

Eastern Syria and central Iraq are in the midst of a sectarian war between Saudi (indirectly supported) and Iran (directly) supported terrorist groups. No international law or protocol covers this. Anyone who wants to join the US led coalition working there is welcome so long as they are coordinating with the US as leader. 

• Upvote 2

(edited)

Turkey's bombing Assad because Assad is an ass who wants to genocide Idlib and Turkey doesn't want the migration fallout.  

Turkey made it clear to the Assadists: our military is stronger. You got nothing against a drone swarm.  F- off.

Edited by Zhong Lu

Frankfurter ... It must be exhausting being you

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, frankfurter said:

Make no mistake: these hostilities can easily and quickly escalate to WW3. The Armageddon so earnestly prayed for by American Evangelists and Jews may be just around the corner. 

Clearly, we are all gonna die.  Last week I died from Coronavirus, and this week I'll die from WW lll.  Next week isn't looking very good either, probably die from Climate Change.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Clearly, we are all gonna die.  Last week I died from Coronavirus, and this week I'll die from WW lll.  Next week isn't looking very good either, probably die from Climate Change.

So true. Death is a certainty. 

4 hours ago, 0R0 said:

Well, it doesn't belong to anyone else either, other than the locals and the lease holders. The oil has not been plundered by the US. The leases were put up for auction by the then new Iraqi government and mostly bought by EU companies who then developed them and provide a sizable income to the Iraqi government, and employs tens of thousands of locals.The only plunder is that which China would have done if they had control there.  

If the US finds one terrorist group fighting another useful, rather than be fighting both, I would say that is a totally valid strategy. 

Eastern Syria and central Iraq are in the midst of a sectarian war between Saudi (indirectly supported) and Iran (directly) supported terrorist groups. No international law or protocol covers this. Anyone who wants to join the US led coalition working there is welcome so long as they are coordinating with the US as leader. 

Thank you for confirming Americans have no scruples.  

• Downvote 1

(edited)

A bit of an overgeneralization, there.

Also I'd like to point out that Russia and the Assadists aren't exactly moral paragons of perfection, either.  Whatever you may say about Americans, the Alawites have behaved worse.  There will be a reckoning for this even if takes a century or two.

Edited by Zhong Lu

Oh yeah, forgot to mention this, but the war continues.

Twenty more years to go.  

1 hour ago, Zhong Lu said:

A bit of an overgeneralization, there.

Also I'd like to point out that Russia and the Assadists aren't exactly moral paragons of perfection, either.  Whatever you may say about Americans, the Alawites have behaved worse.  There will be a reckoning for this even if takes a century or two.

hmm, I cannot recall, in the past 40 years, when an Alawite or Russian or Chinese murdered a member of a foreign government while that member was on foreign soil using a diplomatic passport.  One of many similar incidents. 

• Rolling Eye 1

“The Armageddon so earnestly prayed for by American Evangelists and Jews may be just around the corner. “

frankfurter....

I may be wrong, but as Armageddon is described in the Book of Revelation, in the Christian New Testament, I do not think that the Jews really ‘follow’ it.

Secondly, you do not pray for something that your faith assures you is going to happen...whether you pray for it or not!

This is not intended to be a religious discussion, merely an attempt to point out that you ‘know not of what you speak’.

36 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

“The Armageddon so earnestly prayed for by American Evangelists and Jews may be just around the corner. “

frankfurter....

I may be wrong, but as Armageddon is described in the Book of Revelation, in the Christian New Testament, I do not think that the Jews really ‘follow’ it.

Secondly, you do not pray for something that your faith assures you is going to happen...whether you pray for it or not!

This is not intended to be a religious discussion, merely an attempt to point out that you ‘know not of what you speak’.

Frankly, you are the one who knows not.  Consider...

"Armageddon" is "Har Megiddo", that is, Megiddo mountain, in the plains of central Israel, not far from Afulah.  It plays a role in a prophecy of one of the last prophets, in the book of Zechariah, chapter 12.  Here it is:
A prophecy, the word of Adonai concerning Isra’el — here is the message from Adonai, who stretched out the heavens, laid the foundation of the earth and formed the spirit inside human beings:
2 “I will make Yerushalayim a cup that will stagger the surrounding peoples. Even Y’hudah will be caught up
in the siege against Yerushalayim.
3 When that day comes, I will make Yerushalayim a heavy stone for all the peoples.
All who try to lift it will hurt themselves, and all the earth’s nations will be massed against her.  ...continued...

Note: Zechariah is one of the minor prophets in the Hebrew Bible. 

(edited)

15 hours ago, frankfurter said:

hmm, I cannot recall, in the past 40 years, when an Alawite or Russian or Chinese murdered a member of a foreign government while that member was on foreign soil using a diplomatic passport.  One of many similar incidents. 

1. The Russians have murdered a lot of people on foreign soil.

2.  The Chinese invaded Vietnam after the Vietnam war. 

3.  The Alawites have murdered plenty of Sunnis.  Just because some people call themselves "Syrian" doesn't mean anything.  Syria isn't a country.  Never has been.

4. By your logic the Rwandan genocide is morally fine because "it's only Rwandans murdering Rwandans."  

Edited by Zhong Lu

9 hours ago, Zhong Lu said:

1. The Russians have murdered a lot of people on foreign soil.

2.  The Chinese invaded Vietnam after the Vietnam war. 

3.  The Alawites have murdered plenty of Sunnis.  Just because some people call themselves "Syrian" doesn't mean anything.  Syria isn't a country.  Never has been.

4. By your logic the Rwandan genocide is morally fine because "it's only Rwandans murdering Rwandans."  

I admire your ability to exaggerate.  Well done.  From Syria, to Russia, to China, to Rwanda. 

Syria is not a country?  Ludicrous.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/sy.html

(edited)

Syria is as much of a country as Botswana.  In fact, it's even less of a country then Botswana considering that the British put three factions that hate one another into the same "country" on purpose.  

Countries are legal fictions.  And in "Syria" the fiction has long since died, in part because the Russians control more of the country then the so-called government.  "Syria" is as much of a country as Germany was during the Thirty Years War.  When the Turks wanted to talk after bombing the crap out of the Assadists, they didn't even bother calling Assad.  Instead, Erdogan asked for a meeting with Putin.  That's gotta sting.

So drop that legalistic country bullshit argument.  Even the Russians don't believe in it.  It's meaningless.

Edited by Zhong Lu